For all the beer drinkers in the clan

You can talk about anything here

Moderator: Global Moderator

RascalJones
N3O Member
N3O Member

For all the beer drinkers in the clan

Post by RascalJones »

Can you believe such a thing as this exists?

http://www.riverfronttimes.com/2007-12- ... g/chilada/
BashUgood
N3O Member
N3O Member

Re: For all the beer drinkers in the clan

Post by BashUgood »

Geez.. 8O

I already don't like the taste of beer.. but that's down right nasty... :!:
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Soccerman771 »

clam juice with tomato juice and vodka or rum would be better...imo

I don't like mixing beers with "flavors". Beer should be good enough by itself that it doesn't need other flavors with it. Peanuts, now that's another subject.
jtackel@hotmail.com

"Do you know how difficult it is to micro Napalm?" - Lazy_Tuga

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
Shizle

Post by Shizle »

I just had a few of these last weekend. They're not bad actually. Depends on your tastebuds of course. My wife's brother taught me the ol' beer and clamato juice trick and I have to say, it's pretty good...to me anyway.
rufio_eht
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by rufio_eht »

I guess they figure if you think bud light tastes good.... ;)
"Rock and roll is the hamburger that ate the world." --Peter York
KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by KingKaramazov »

Hahah well said Rufio. I think if you take a light beer and mix it with drain water it probably would make little difference, most light beer tastes like crap.

Sam Adams or Guinness >> all.
"Why are some people all grasshopper fiddlings, scrappings, all antennae shivering, one big ganglion eternally knotting, slip-knotting, square-knotting themselves? They stoke a furnace all their lives, sweat their lips, shine their ey
RascalJones
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by RascalJones »

I'm a fan of Blue Moon personally. Just realized it's marketed as a "Belgian White" ale. Perhaps I would like some of that Belgian beer Chaos speaks so well of.
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Soccerman771 »

[quote=""KingKaramazov""]Hahah well said Rufio. I think if you take a light beer and mix it with drain water it probably would make little difference, most light beer tastes like ****.

Sam Adams or Guinness >> all.[/quote]

Nothing wrong with light beer. Especially once you hit 30 and the pounds don't come off as easy.

I'm a Shiner Bock guy myself...
jtackel@hotmail.com

"Do you know how difficult it is to micro Napalm?" - Lazy_Tuga

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
NEO_CrAz3n
Honorary Leader
Honorary Leader

Post by NEO_CrAz3n »

[quote=""Soccerman771""]Nothing wrong with light beer. Especially once you hit 30 and the pounds don't come off as easy.[/quote]

Amen to that!
"Please accept my resignation. I don't care to belong to any club that will have me as a member." -Groucho Marx

"Any strat that beats me is lame." -CrAz3n

"Quoting yourself is just as bad as speaking about yourself in the third-person." -CrAz3n
RascalJones
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by RascalJones »

[quote=""NEO_CrAz3n""][quote=""Soccerman771""]Nothing wrong with light beer. Especially once you hit 30 and the pounds don't come off as easy.[/quote]

Amen to that![/quote]

You could always just drink LESS of the stuff. :lol:
ZoRPrimE
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by ZoRPrimE »

There's no taste to light beer but if it was stored properly no taste at least isn't bad taste. That having been said. There are some awesome microbrew beers on the market that pack some more punch without packing extreme taste.

I prefer to get a bomber or two of double blond or samuel smiths nut brown ale. Gives me all the buzz needed in an evening without having to drink 6+ beers, do a radical taste experiment, or drink light beers (no taste.) I also add in a Hazed and confused or dogfish head 60 minute IPA but for the non-HOPPY beer lovers it may be too much.

My best beer drinking decision is drinking my own homebrew, least amount of hangover, no skunkyness whatsoever to the taste. note: Most people have got no idea how skunky any bottled beer tastes compared to a homebrew I've proven it multiple times and with well known microbrew bottlers too. My last 3 brews were Watermelon Wheat, Randy's RedArse Ale, and Panschtoberfest!
"It is by will alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, the stains become a warning. It is by will alone I set my mind
Cyclohexane
Honorary Officer

Post by Cyclohexane »

[quote=""RascalJones""]I'm a fan of Blue Moon personally. Just realized it's marketed as a "Belgian White" ale. Perhaps I would like some of that Belgian beer Chaos speaks so well of.[/quote]

I hate wheat based beer. I tried that out one night and had to give it away. It is definitely an acquired taste!

[quote=""Soccerman771""]
Nothing wrong with light beer. Especially once you hit 30 and the pounds don't come off as easy.

I'm a Shiner Bock guy myself...[/quote]

That’s what I normally pick up as well but for anyone outside of Texas, they will have no idea what you are talking about. I’ve even had bars try to charge me imported beer price for this! I had to explain to them that this is Texas and it is made in Texas, not an import.

Now back on subject, I really hate light beers (bud light, miller light, coors, etc.). My favorite of all time is a Belgium beer called Chimay (also love Sam Adams, Bass, & Guinness). If you have not had it, go buy yourself one. They cost about $10 here but it is 9% alcohol (compared to 1.5% to 2% of light beers) and comes in the pint size only so drinking 1 is the equivalent of 6 of the baby beers. I really do not drink that frequently so that is enough to lose all night in AOE3 for me.

I have not tried that particular brand in the link but since half of my family is Mexican, I have drank Miller Light (for some reason very popular with Mexican Americans) and prefer it with hot sauce. I’m not joking, my wife’s family actually opens a beer and pours hot sauce in it. To me, a beer that requires hot sauce is not worth buying, but it definitely improves the flavor of Miller Light!

By the way, I pour hot sauce on everything (breakfast, lunch, and dinner) and I bet an item like that will make a profit.
Lead, Follow, or Get the Hell out of the way!

QUICK REFERENCE GUIDE & AOE3 TWC TAD UNIT COMPARISON:
AOE3 TWC TAD Quick Reference & AOE3 TWC TAD UNIT COMPARISON
KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by KingKaramazov »

Well I'm not particularly experienced with beer but generally speaking I haven't liked the taste very much besides Sam Adams and Guinness.

And I agree with Rascal. I'd rather drink less GOOD beer than more crappy light beer. That's something my friends don't understand since all they want to do is buy a crap of really cheap, terrible tasting light beer with maximum alcohol content so they can get drunk asap.

(Keystone Ice....bleh).
"Why are some people all grasshopper fiddlings, scrappings, all antennae shivering, one big ganglion eternally knotting, slip-knotting, square-knotting themselves? They stoke a furnace all their lives, sweat their lips, shine their ey
QuadriplegicCow
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by QuadriplegicCow »

Icehouse was always economical for my needs. New Zealand has some pretty good beers, the Monteiths range is pretty damn good. I think one of my favorite beers is Kilkennys though.
severebeating
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by severebeating »

What do making love in a canoe & light beer have in common???

They are both f-ing close to water.

OK. Hope I'm not in trouble for that post, but it seemed to fit...

:)