Round 1: KingKaramazov (Dutch) vs Plop627 (Aztec)

Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Round 1: KingKaramazov (Dutch) vs Plop627 (Aztec)

Post by KingKaramazov »

Read the description in the report games thread.

KingKaramazov vs Plop627
Dutch vs Aztec
Patagonia
Winner: KingKaramazov
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by KingKaramazov on Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Why are some people all grasshopper fiddlings, scrappings, all antennae shivering, one big ganglion eternally knotting, slip-knotting, square-knotting themselves? They stoke a furnace all their lives, sweat their lips, shine their ey
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Re: Round 1: KingKaramazov (Dutch) vs Plop627 (Aztec)

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

will watch this cuz I think Aztec >> Dutch on araucania!!
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by KingKaramazov »

I think part of it is Plop simply chose the wrong strategy -- he went for mass coyotes and maces with a boat boom when the best thing he could have done would have been to try to do that boat boom, only with more maces and pumas and BB jags , attacking earlier, to try and siege me to death and force me to fight in colonial.

Fact is halb spam is going to beat coyotes with mace backup any day of the week.
"Why are some people all grasshopper fiddlings, scrappings, all antennae shivering, one big ganglion eternally knotting, slip-knotting, square-knotting themselves? They stoke a furnace all their lives, sweat their lips, shine their ey
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

pure mace spam works really well vs dutch, they usually have hard time getting hussars massed early on, and mace >> skirm in colo

the map is full of treasures and has 4-5 TP's to grab for aztec, which is better than banks.
Water is usually poor on that map (not sure)
36drew
Honorary Officer

Post by 36drew »

KK your my boy! Nice work! Interesting use of halbs too. I never use them but am starting to think I should. You made a great meatshield out of them. The map is a good map for aztec to go water as there are lots of whales once the fish runs out. I think plop shouldn't have hung out in colonial as long as he did, or perhaps tried to rush KK hard. Plops aztec rush beat my dutch CM FF on two occasions.

GG overall though. Interesting game for both sides.
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

map is not araucania lol but Patagonia
Excellent fishmap indeed

well played KK, but he left you alone for over 10 minutes which is kinda suicide vs dutch imo

you might have checked the saloon mercs, they pwn really hard vs age II units
KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by KingKaramazov »

Yea, I couldn't remember whether it was Auracania or Patagonia, I always get the two confused. Which one is Auracania again? Heheh.

I agree about leaving me alone --- you can't do that against Dutch even if you think your uncontested boat boom will give you tons of resources.