one of the many fails of wicked

Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

huGGy
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Re: one of the many fails of wicked

Post by huGGy »

Sioux are ok on RE Patch. You just need to play them alot and - maybe - exclusively. I did this with germans and my overall gameplay has improved alot (1v1 and teamgames).
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

[quote=""HuggyPierre""]Sioux are ok on RE Patch. You just need to play them alot and - maybe - exclusively. I did this with germans and my overall gameplay has improved alot (1v1 and teamgames).[/quote]

you mean for a period of time? i always pictured you as the overall guy
DrWho42
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by DrWho42 »

Wicked, I had a chance to watch the game tonight and I have a few suggestions. 1) On Deccan you normally start with enough resources to build a marketplace right away. Do this and get the hunting upgrade. 2) Sioux has a weak economy, so when I ship the 3TP's, I try to upgrade the route so that one is on xp, while the others are on the resources I need. 3) The Sioux economy is not so good, so you need to damage your opponents economy to have a fighting chance. Japan is hard to raid since their vills stay close to the TC, but all of those shrines are easier to hit with a group of axe riders or some war clubs. 4) Sioux are a very food intensive civ, so try to send the hunting upgrade card as soon as practical. 5) Against Japan, you will want your wakina to get the CIR upgrade, so have the arsenal upgrade card in your deck.

Good Luck next time. Cheers!

"Any hussar who isn't dead by thirty is goldbricking." General Lasalle
deadhanddan
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by deadhanddan »

drwho summed it up pretty good :)

cetan ae just a garbage unit. they are basically like longbows but minus 4 range... hence are trash. vs much massed heavy infantry u do need wakina , but use evening star transform if you are fighting ashi-nagi or even hussar-musket as riflerider counter both.

as drwho said , the arsenal card is needed at times. even has both cav and ranged cav techs in addition to CIR so its a great help to your axe rider , dog soldier , and gives your bowrider that extra 2 range so u can actually hit and run heavy infantry even better due to bowriders great rate of fire
- Dan
wicked_assassin
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by wicked_assassin »

thx mate.
huGGy
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by huGGy »

[quote=""Aaryn_GenD""][quote=""HuggyPierre""]Sioux are ok on RE Patch. You just need to play them alot and - maybe - exclusively. I did this with germans and my overall gameplay has improved alot (1v1 and teamgames).[/quote]

you mean for a period of time? i always pictured you as the overall guy[/quote]

Well yes, but if you concentrate on one Civ you'll learn all BO's and matchups and once you don't have to think about your strat and what cards you can send in a special situation you'll have time to concentrate on decisionmaking and micro. And that will help you with all other Civ's as well. At least that is or was my experience when i played germans exclusively for a while.
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

Huggy is def right, but for civ-hoppers like myself (or DHD ;) ) it is so hard to stick to 1 tribe for more than a week :mrgreen:
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
DrWho42
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by DrWho42 »

Wicked,
Another overlooked card that can work well on a map like Deccan is "morning star". This grants your axe riders the same ability as your warchief to convert guardians. Deccan has several large treasures guarded by groups of thugees or dacoit. If you build a coral on age 2 and a group of axe riders, you can convert all of the guardians at one of these treasures. While you wait for your conversion power to return, go raid/siege shrines, then go and convert another big treasure. Over the course of a few minutes you will have gathered a 10-12 guardian army, grabbed some nice treasures and done some damage to your opponent.

I really enjoy using this card on maps with good sized treasures and decent guardians such as thugee, dacoit, pirates, outlaw riflemen/pistoleros and samurai.

Have fun and cheers!

"Any hussar who isn't dead by thirty is goldbricking." General Lasalle
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

^^Silk Road map is great for that card too, DHD told me that strat
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
deadhanddan
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by deadhanddan »

zoolander!
- Dan
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

ye that certainly rox, i'd rather use those thugs and co. than the weak cetans :-)