N3O is the smurfing clan?

General Discussion about Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

wicked_assassin
N3O Member
N3O Member

Re: N3O is the smurfing clan?

Post by wicked_assassin »

[quote=""StrokeyBlofeld""]I have a smurf account, but I don't play it. I got it for my boy (he will be 2 this december).[/quote]

http://media.www.ramcigar.com/media/sto ... 3919.shtml

except some details, same situation ;)
etrips888
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by etrips888 »

I have a smurf as well..but very rarely use it. Only 6 rated games on it or something..
But I agree with what most people are saying. I just think that with all the unrateds and clan games the PR system doesn't truly reflect a lot of our players true level of play
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

I'm not sure if the clan has a reputation for smurfs, but I can tell you that back in my active days one Captain called me a noob-bashing German lamer after I beat him in an unrated 1v1 (I was--and almost always have been--a 2nd Lt with a 20.84 PR). I thought it was hilarious that a significantly higher-ranked player called me--a significantly lower-ranked player--a noob-basher, as if he were the noob! Noobs are usually lower in rank, right? Guess not ::/

I agree that most people in this clan have much higher skills than their PR suggests.
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)
Zutazuta
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Zutazuta »

I give N3O clan a lot of credit.

I have played with MANY of your players in unrated games and many of you are certainly several PR over your shown rank.
murdilator
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by murdilator »

This is a kinda funny story, but it is about "N3O smurfing," or at least sorta. And for a bonus, I actually do happen to have a recording of this game.

Anyways, I was playing a Spanish Major in Vanilla 1.13, while I was Portuguese, a captain in rank, on my account TheCrimsonBlade. It was Lrg Maps, which turned out to be Lrg Texas. I went standard Portuguese FF and got there about eight minutes with a trading post, two starting outposts, a barracks and a stable, and I sent my third Town center to build itself, which he immediately started to attack. Amazingly, he did not attack my second TC ever. So I had an easy time up. However, I will start telling of his strategy.

He did a some type of Mercenary+*** FF, and ordered ATP as his 1st or second card and got three trading posts, and at the same time did a interesting and lengthy FF. He reached there probably at the same time I did, and he had a fort on my side of the map, plus a church and a couple vils. Immediately I got quite a bit of Cassadors and Dragoons, while he was attacking my 3rd TC (before it was up) with 4 pikes and 4 xbows, which he got from age up politician, the adventurer. I started to gun them down with Cassadors, and he retreated back to his fort a bit. I caught his highlanders with my cassadors as well, sniping them cold. I think I got about four or five of them.

Then I stall a little bit by forgetting to build an extra house, supposing that he will attack and I will be able to build more troops. Meanwhile I do end up shipping 8 halbs, and send most of my Dragoons (about 11, with 4 remaining at home) to go off and raid his town. So, he thinks that I have less of an army, and he attacks, killing my third TC with ease (it had like 1000 HP left, and I didn't have wood to repair it), and marched quite soon into my town. I brought back my dragoons, and with my inferior force fighting him at my town, he thought he had me, but those 11 Dragoons sealed the win, along with a big batch of Minutemen (15, 400 food, 400 coin), and he basically resigned, having lost his 13 Guard Halbs, his 9 Highlanders, his 12 Swiss Pikes, his 4 vet lancers and his 5 hussars. I was going on toward his FB while he did this, and he asked if I was a pro. I simply told him that yes, I do play mostly on another account, but I am only a captain on TAD atm. He kinda left a bit stunned and amazed, surprised to see that his own rank had totally baffled him.

Pretty sad nowadays, since I played another game with captains on Vanilla and actually beat a Russia+Ottoman Combo. They didn't speak afterwards, since I beat them with Portugal single-handedly on a Water Turtle. My ally barely survived, whom I was able to ship resources and other good things as well. Too bad I don't have the recording of that, because that was just epic - I basically suicided 8 organ guns and my army and killed their Mamelukes and Spahi + some Janns, only to build it right back up again and kill the other bad units. Beforehand I had just killed about 25 Ottoman settlers with a devestating raid, not to mention I destroyed 2 mills and a Town center as well, from Galleons of the sea. Moral of the story: Imperial Portuguese Hussars + Imperial Portuguese Cassadors and Organs just run over Ottomans + Russian.

I'm rambling off now, and this stuff should rather be in the brag thread, but it is still kinda funny how were the "smurfing clan," teaching those guys at vanilla a lesson.
"Feel the Might of the Sioux!" - Gall, when fighting and defeating your army at his own base.

---------------

Scenario Design Competition Participant 2009:

3v3 WildernessRoad: https://aoe3.heavengames.com/downloads/ ... ileid=2521
36drew
Honorary Officer

Post by 36drew »

[quote=""Zutazuta""]I give N3O clan a lot of credit.

I have played with MANY of your players in unrated games and many of you are certainly several PR over your shown rank.[/quote]

Ty for you kind words.

Certainly is the case since our clan plays SO many unrated games. Most people have more unrated than rated games.
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

100% agree to drew^^

if you join the clan, having played maybe 200 games and being master sergeant, and then playing hundreds of unrated team games, 1v1s etc.

well why the heck should you be worse than before? you'll more likely be better than before ;-)

btw nice story murdilator
Am3ricanCa3sar
Private
Private

Post by Am3ricanCa3sar »

[quote=""StrokeyBlofeld""]I have a smurf account, but I don't play it. I got it for my boy (he will be 2 this december).[/quote] lol