Move All Military Units Button

Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Move All Military Units Button

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

Hi everyone. I'm sure you've noticed that I haven't been on ESO lately. I won't go into the reasons why here; let's just say that RL has overwhelmed me at the moment. But fear not: The Kaiser is not going anywhere :D

When I do have time to play AOE, it's usually late at night when I don't have the energy for meaningful matches. So when I do get the chance to rehearse my builds, it's normally on single-play skirmishes. They at least give me some chance to keep my age times down and remember how to build uhlans ::/

Here's something I've been experimenting with lately: The Move all Military Units button. For the longest time I never used it. I've always just used control groups and moved each group individually. But lately I've discovered that the move all button is really handy. It seems to make your whole army move faster (ie, they sprint away from danger sometimes!), plus it avoids the problems that arise when a cav control group gets to the destination faster than infantry. With move all, everyone moves at the same pace. I like that. When the battle starts, you can micro from a better position. To paraphrase Drew, unit positioning is often more valuable than the units themselves.

What do you guys do with the move all button? It has some drawbacks, especially if you want to keep a little anticav guard at home while you send your main force somewhere else, or if you depend on multiple cav raiding groups. But when it comes to getting ready for the big battle, it's pretty cool. I really like the fact that you can do a fast retreat when you need to! Retreating is just as important as advancing in this game.

So what are your thoughts about move all military?
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)
generalbuschmann
N3O Member
N3O Member

Re: Move All Military Units Button

Post by generalbuschmann »

i use it a lot, best when army is splitted on the map and u want to have them all at one spot, need to be careful with raiding cav if they are behind ur opponents tc they really often run into opponent units, and sometimes if you click this button units which were walking just stop and stand where they are, dont move to the point you want them to be
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

I use it when I revolt, very handy
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

yep, when revolting or after shipping the indian card that converts ur vills into terminators
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

same as buschmann, just be careful if you use it, all units will walk as slow as the slowest member, same with cannons in bombard mode and cav. and don't run accidentally into enemy units ;)
Shizle

Post by Shizle »

Alt Y is the hotkey for it.
HeJurmhoanni
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by HeJurmhoanni »

[quote=""generalbuschmann""]i use it a lot, best when army is splitted on the map and u want to have them all at one spot, need to be careful with raiding cav if they are behind ur opponents tc they really often run into opponent units, and sometimes if you click this button units which were walking just stop and stand where they are, dont move to the point you want them to be[/quote]