36drew vs HuggyPierre

Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

huGGy
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

36drew vs HuggyPierre

Post by huGGy »

We played a training game for the Tournament today and we both thought it was a good game. Drew played Spain while i went for Germany. Map was Siberia. Game length is about 25 minutes i think.

For anybody who watches from my POV: Tipps are welcome (with focus on unit combo and decision making). Thanks in advance ;).

Hf watching!

Fp 1.1a.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
36drew
Honorary Officer

Re: 36drew vs HuggyPierre

Post by 36drew »

I saw the deck, and immediately thought doppels. Muskets seems to be the logical counter early on!
huGGy
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by huGGy »

I should rename my deck. 1v1 doppels might be to obvious.
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

Nah, not the name deck. Usually the melee upgrades give it away :p
36drew
Honorary Officer

Post by 36drew »

^^ Yeah. When I go heavy dopple or pike as germany, I usually don't include the age 2 upgrades, but rather just the age 3 ones. I'd like to think that all those mellee upgrades gives the strategy away.

Then again that could be part of your strategy and it could be a decoy.
huGGy
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by huGGy »

Yeah, i actually created the deck for a special map and a special strategy. I picked it in this game to practice the start with doppels. Normally the Age2 cards aren't worth it, because you send other (more useful) cards instead. Only really worth it if you plan to stay in Colo for a long time or maybe vs Sioux.
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

no need to rename decks, ingame your opponent won't see the deckname.
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

gg, wp by Drew.

17 vill age up won't work rushing. Also going for early market wont help either :p Oh and did I mention that spain has 2 outposts on this map?

and still, WARWAGONS!!! Big huge mass of doppels will chew through musks too! Remember that you have upgrades for em and musks dont. Also, those caballeros will show up sooner or later, better to have tons of doppels.

Those blackriders were good for taking the falcs, but the jaegers not so much. Why waste all that coin! Just get your own skirmishers and get cir. Or skip skirms and get doppels and uhlans (contrary to common belief, double melee combos do work).

Still, good job on lasting so long. I was expecting the game to end when Drew came with 2 falcs and all that stuff.

And I'm also anti culv. The more the falcs, the merrier. But that's just me :D
JBCaesar
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by JBCaesar »

Huggy, you asked for some tipps...

These are the things, which I got an the first glance and I would have done different:

begin: You let your all your settlerw. gather from the chests...its better to put 2 on food/hunting right at the beginnig and only 1 at the chests.

Nice idea with these Doppels. ;-)

In the first big battle you attacked the swiss pikman with your doppels (ok) AND your 5 horsmen...they should have attaked the 2 falcs.
So you swaped your black riders for 2 falcs: you lost 1000 coins.
I wouldn't have sent black riders anyway. It would have been better to build as much falcs as you can, getting drews 2 falcs and have effektive units against the mass of muskets.

In the 2nd battle you aimed with your culvs at the falcs of drew first. So he could take out you culvs and kill your falks right after that.
In my opinion: First kill the culvs! If you think you will loose to much skirms because of the falcs, just step back.

Later you build Doppels against his horsemen. Warwaggons would have been better for 2 reasons: They are no infantry, so drews lancers would have no chance. The second reson is, they are not so vulnerable as you doppels are against drews muskets.

But in general you did very well :-)
I now, that it is very hard against drew...

I hope this is helping you a bit, if you think an other way is better than my suggestions just keep on doing this, maybe I got a wrong impression.

GG
huGGy
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by huGGy »

Thanks for the feedback guys! I really appreciate it. Well the reason i shipped Blackriders was to have a counter to the falcs. Sure i had the gold for cannons/culvs, but not enough wood (he was about to see my artillery foundry so investing gold there would have slowed me down i think). Stupid thing was that my Blackriders had to walk right infront of the muskets, because i saw his Swiss Pikes way too late. So i lost 3-4 Blackriders just for the walk to the cannons. About the Uhlans you are right. I thought: Meh only 5, doesnt matter. I have to work on this.

@Sporting: Forgot about the age up tower, ouch.

Well i saw some positive things here as well: My overall gameplay got better and i don't do that much stupid decisions anymore. Still, Drew outplayed me here ;).