1v1: Me (Brit) v Otto

Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

Highlander999
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

1v1: Me (Brit) v Otto

Post by Highlander999 »

Nice little victory for me here against a corporal. Trying out British I go for a rush with lbows and grenadiers. I love the British econ so powerful. He also had a pretty high win % so I think he had a higher rank.

Any advice on how to improve?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Re: 1v1: Me (Brit) v Otto

Post by Soccerman771 »

Good game there highlander. You did very well to capitalize on his mistakes. Though I wouldn't call what you did a rush.

Not much to improve on. However, at 10:00 mins in you had 1000 wood stored and not at pop cap. You had a couple of options. 1. Take all the Trade posts (prefered). Otto's biggest allies are those. Had he capitalized on them, you would have won sooner. 2. Manor boom and get nine extra vils. You're eco alone would have crushed him.

Use your fort for map control. had you sent it to the top of the map, you would have choked him into his base.

Use the longbows for their advantage in range. You coulda kept them out of range of the outpost at the end of the game. Don't forget about the arsenal. You were in age three and had plenty of resources for the upgrades.

Overall, though I have to say very well played.
jtackel@hotmail.com

"Do you know how difficult it is to micro Napalm?" - Lazy_Tuga

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
Highlander999
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Re: 1v1: Me (Brit) v Otto

Post by Highlander999 »

Thanks for that constructive advice. Yeah I wasn't sure exactly what to do with all that wood. I probably should have gone for the TPs as well, but the fort idea is a good one and also the l bows. Thank you very much :D