Villager gather rates

Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

Skull_Splinter
Conscript
Conscript

Re: Villager gather rates

Post by Skull_Splinter »

In 40 min treaty games I always max my villes with German, 99 villes & 20 SW. I'll usually kill a few villes off, plus I'll send some out to make foward bases and usually not all of them make it. I just can't figure out if the card that slows doppels, and increases the stats is worth it. I send it almost every time. If you ont have some cav to work with it can be a real hassle against well guarded cannon
The fellow who thinks he knows it all is especially annoying to those of us who do.
Lost_my_hope
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Lost_my_hope »

You can speed them up 30% with Tilly Discipline (unique church) and Military Gunners :) Even faster if there's an Inca TP
Vivian Stanshall, about 3 o'clock in the morning, Oxfordshire, 1973... good night.
gendarme
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by gendarme »

No, don't sent it, speed them up.

With inca speed upgrade they are faster than uhlans.

Imagine how hard it would be to beat those.
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

I would always keep it in a treaty deck. There are really two things you can do with Doppels. First, you can play all the HP/attack cards, plus the arsenal and church upgrades to bring them up to about 500 HP and 5.85 speed. I'm not sure how much the Inca boost gives them, but I'm guessing it pushes them up 20%, therefore to about 6.75 speed. Second, you can play all those cards and upgrades PLUS the Solingen Steel card. If you haven't played the speed upgrades, Solingen Steel brings their speed down to 3.4. Obviously that can be a problem. But they get up to 787 HP (when you play the other German church tech and all HP upgrades), and if you play the speed upgrades, you get their speed back to 4.50, its original rate. So in my view, sometimes it's worth it to play the Solingen Steel card in a late-game spam fest. 787 HP and 50 hand attack/180 siege at 4.50 speed is better than 500 HP and 39 hand attack/140 siege at 5.85 speed when you're up against Imperial units.

But in most cases, there's no need to play the card. You need to be REEEALLLYYY late game to make it work. Even then, sometimes speed is better. It all depends on the situation.

No matter what, Doppels are great fun, even if they don't appear that often. Taunt 157.
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)
generalbuschmann
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by generalbuschmann »

i always prefer speed, because if you get raided ( for example by oprichniks) you are nearly as fast as the cav and this makes it easier to protect your eco, it´s easier vs cav overall especially vs goon like cav which can hit and run. in lategame much is about siege + speed (run through walls destroy eco buildings, raid etc.) imo, thats why i would never play this card
Skull_Splinter
Conscript
Conscript

Post by Skull_Splinter »

Well I'm only talking about treaty games
The fellow who thinks he knows it all is especially annoying to those of us who do.
gendarme
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by gendarme »

In treaty it's even more important to have speed.
generalbuschmann
N3O Member
N3O Member

[quote=""gendarme""]In treaty it's even more important to have speed.[/quote]
the same in treaty, no advantage for more hp when ur opponent can easily hit and run vs you and your dopples will never reach him, also its funny to see dopples on andes, they are as fast as cav then
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Soccerman771 »

^^ Kaiser knows what he's talking about in treaty games...
jtackel@hotmail.com

"Do you know how difficult it is to micro Napalm?" - Lazy_Tuga

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
huGGy
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by huGGy »

Only send the card if you face really heavy Cav (Imp Cuirs) or something like Jag Prowlers.

With extra speed you can swarm around the opponents troops and then attack from all sides. Pure fun! :D

Also you dont need that much vills. Max out SWs and send the Economy Theory and this upgrade thing for SW. If you have 120 Vill pop you have only 80 Military pop and when your opponent can instant spam units you might get overrun.
generalbuschmann
N3O Member
N3O Member

well in treaty you max out settlers+ settlerwagon first, and when treaty ends you kill 40 settlers^^
IndyBrit
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by IndyBrit »

Why kill them? 40 Villie raid FTW. :D

I build a batch of nasty pikes in treaty (or sometimes muskets) early (about the time I see anyone hitting age V) to enhance the cost of enemy spies, and rather than delete them at the time of treaty ending I run them into some odd corner of the opponents area. The benefits are many, including no XP for the enemy until later, throwing them off the trail of whatever units you really intend to build, and often they respond inordinately to it, thinking that is your real attack. Don't know that 40 villies could actually be useful, though...
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

[quote=""generalbuschmann""]well in treaty you max out settlers+ settlerwagon first, and when treaty ends you kill 40 settlers^^[/quote]

This is just idiosyncratic for me, but I always build between 75-80 settlers and 20 SW. I never do the full econ; you need the space. Plus, the Guild Artisans card makes up for the 20 vils you don't build. Toward the end of treaty, I delete a bunch of free uhlans and replace them with doppels or artillery, depending on my likely enemies.

Imperial War Wagons are pretty fearsome, too!
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

buschmann is right, all those minutes until the 40th minute is reached, you don't need units anyway, just gather most resources as possible with those max vills as germany and few minutes before that train units till max pop

even though i never played treaty this seems the most logic to me ;)
generalbuschmann
N3O Member
N3O Member

yes if you reach imperial after ~ 20 min, outmas settlers + settler wagons at maybe 23 minutes, u can gather 17 minutes with max settlers => very much ressources, more then 4000 food (40 settler) you have to spend for settlers which you delete later