LegoGL

LegoGL Help With Russia

Post by LegoGL »

This should be a good game to get some feedback on
LegoGL

Re: LegoGL Help With Russia

Post by LegoGL »

Second try at posting the game
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
deadhanddan
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by deadhanddan »

nvm
Last edited by deadhanddan on Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
- Dan
LegoGL

Post by LegoGL »

Sounds like I posted the wrong game. Let me try that again
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Soccerman771 »

^^ what he said, plus:

Man, you got majorly hunt-screwed.
For the house - I wouldn't sent a vil to the back to build a house back there. That's 10-15 vil-seconds you lost doing that + the gold-crates.

You passed up argueably the best treasure on the map - the scout.

I usually send 3 to the fb to where the blockhouse will be built, and have them wait there until the wood is available to build, then build it. It should come up before you get to colonial. Practice this until you can get it. This is important so you can queue your first batch of strelets or musks and have them arrive at the same time as your 1st shipment in colonial which is 5 cossacks or 13 strelets.

Once you built your part of the FB, herd that hunt behind your blockhouse.

Your partner was way too slow. 6:50 age up no barracks started until the 8:50 minute, should have been gg right there, just on your partner's account...

Don't send the team fencing card first. Send the other one, then the team one. 15% for the team won't do nearly as much as 40% for you will in the first few minutes of the colonial agenda. However, that card is usually 3rd or 4th in colonial. Typical card order is: Wood Trickle (discovery), 5, then 4 cossacks (or 13 strelets depending on need), boyars, 700 wood. You can always send 700 wood earlier if needed. Then send the fencing cards. Your eco is not usually up and strong enough to support the fencing cards until about the 18-19 min mark anyway.

Ok, so you slow semi-ff. Not a bad idea against dual japan.

However, if you have extra wood, get the cheap TP's. Once you have 600 wood in fortress throw down a second TC and boom like crazy.

You can really chalk this loss up to 3 things.

You got hunt-screwed really, really bad (not much you can do about that)
Your partner was incredibly slow and didn't do much to help win the game. An FI should be sub 13 minutes (average) to be effective. A 20 minute industrial with very little military... :(
You were playing against dual Japan, who should have gone ashi/yumi (nothing you could have done to beat that combo).

Just keep the rec's coming and practice the first 5-6 mins. You'll get better.

Also - build a market and get the upgrades.
jtackel@hotmail.com

"Do you know how difficult it is to micro Napalm?" - Lazy_Tuga

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Soccerman771 »

Well if I posted comments for the wrong game, they'll still help you.

Will watch the re-post later.
jtackel@hotmail.com

"Do you know how difficult it is to micro Napalm?" - Lazy_Tuga

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
LegoGL

Post by LegoGL »

Thats for the comments. I did read yours before they went away Dan as well. I am having some major issues posting but I will get another good game and get it there. Gonna keep working at it.

Thanks again guys.