Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

BashUgood
N3O Member
N3O Member

Japan vs Aztec ~ Learning off Sporting_Lisbon = Destruction

Post by BashUgood »

Hi

One of my better games played.. me a Sergeant vs. a Master Sergeant lvl 100 Aztec.

Feel free to review if you'd like..

Note how I somewhat mimic Sporting's playing style ;)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Re: Japan vs Aztec ~ Learning off Sporting_Lisbon = Destruct

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

didnt watch yet, but I like sporting's style a lot
Seems he uses one of the strongest aspects of japan
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
Sun_Tzu1
Major
Major

Post by Sun_Tzu1 »

Well played :). Bit of a come-back.

I liked the way you put your market & 3 Yumi upfront so your could see what was coming at you.

To an extent, seemed to be one of those games decided by your choice of moment to attack. You hit him pretty soon after he hit fortress and he didn't, or didn't have time to, upgrade all those Maces or switch to the War Dance (with the 10 WP he had). Game over.

Was surprised he went to Farms so early. He didn't herd the hunt he was gathering back towards his TC.

Sun
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

Gonna watch.
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Ok I'll make a review:

Discovery age

1. You took a bit too much getting a shrine up.
2. What camera do you use? The further, the better.
3. Try to get idle vills gathering as soon as the idle icon pops up. The longer you take, the later you age.
4. Same with pickind deck and card.
5. To age up, do it as soon as you have 800f and get the wonder building with just one vill. Then, gather 100f and get another settler makeing and then you can get 5-6 vills on wonder, depending on the res you need.

Colonial age

1. While aging only get food for vills, try to get wood first for shrines so that it doesn't keep you tied up.
2. If you used 100w on a market, get the upgrades as soon as you have the res to make it worthy.
3. Getting shrines on wood is often better than on food, as you're short on wood more often.
4. Get a rax up asap too. Had he rushed you you'd be in trouble :\ You can also get some yumis to harass him.
5. Nice raid ;) You will kill even more vills if you do a kind of hit n run too. I mean, you shoot and then you walk up closer, so that you can shoot more before the vills run away.
6. You always had tons of food. Manage your eco in order to get a bit more wood and coin to get consulate, ashis and market upgrades.
7. Gj at getting vills too.
8. You forgot about using smokescreen to keep the explorers safe, in the meanwhile you took a bit to keep vills and army production.
8. Before getting bushido principles at the consulate get another rax up first. You had enough res to spam ashis from two rax with no problems.
9. Ashis are good, but nagis win the game. Don't be afraid of getting cav asap. Ashis have a huge attack but they are even better when they have a meatshield.
10. No need for 4 shrines, ship daimyo next time.
11. You had no need to age up. Had you spent you res on ashis and nagi and you'd have won it earlier.

Fortress age

12. Heh, no nagis at all ^^ For now, it works. But if he was a better aztec player, he would have outboomed you and spammed army at you with war dance.

GG mate, you handled the pressure pretty good while booming and you also managed harass him too. That's the way to play japs in my opinion ;) (Altho I'd be a bit more agressive and I'd manage to take him down even in colo :p)
BashUgood
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by BashUgood »

Thanks for taking the time to review and also the constructive critism...

I'll try to apply what is needed to my gameplay..
I'm going to watch it again..
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Hey, I hope I didn't sound that negative about the game :\ Don't worry to much about it. A lot of what I said comes with practice, just get a general idea of what I said ;)

btw I never watched many recs ^^ I just worried about playing another game rather than watching one I had already played :p , especially when against better players.