No More Fan Patches

General Discussion about Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

Hydrovert5
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Re: No More Fan Patches

Post by Hydrovert5 »

[quote=""generalbuschmann""][quote=""Hydrovert5""]Apparantly they went crazy with the banning stick, even banning people who reported they did nothing to deserve it.[/quote]
every cheater and acc stealer deserves it. also if you logg in with an acc u dont know where its really from and u get banned because its a stolen acc u deserve it too.[/quote]

Maybe you're right, but it wouldn't be the first time they've gone and banned accounts for no reason.

My old account was banned for no reason, a prime example. Maybe Robot Entertainment is different in the way they handle cheaters, but I know ES went crazy with bannings, often without explanation. I'm sorry but if you buy three games from that company and they ban the account for no reason, would you be being unreasonable to demand an explanation? I think not.

Nevertheless, at least this will remove all if not most of the cheaters from ESO.
generalbuschmann
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by generalbuschmann »

they dont ban someone for no reason and if u got banned than u did something
Hydrovert5
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Hydrovert5 »

Then we'll have to agree to disagree.
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

[quote=""Kaiser_von_Nuben""]We can expect more from RE if we can really credit everything Aloysius says. I sort of get the impression he is a $19,000-a-year guy with absolutely no authority except to sit in a chair next to the waterlogged ESO server and make sure crows don't infiltrate it. In other words, I'm afraid he is a drone with an email account and not too much supervision, so he can say virtually anything without obligating the company to do a thing.

Just my hunch. Let's hope I'm wrong.[/quote]

hehe kaiser.
i read the job profile you need for being a mod liek aloysius and tbh, it's not something any nitwit can do you need the following:

Systems Administrator - Online Games

Full time, 6 month contract position
Plano, TX; No relocation assistance

Responsibilities

* Monitor and support two online game environments; interacting with internal personnel and vendors to ensure maximum uptime and responsiveness, including occasional emergency response during off hours and weekends
* Primary point of contact for internal personnel when potential issues or problems arise
* Help shape the monitoring and diagnostics in the existing environments and with upcoming projects
* Create and distribute usage reports for the environments and upcoming projects
* Basic HTML and web development skills; HTML editing and the potential for creating web-based tools / interfaces

Required Qualifications

* 2+ Years experience working with Microsoft Windows Server 2003
* 2+ Years experience working with Microsoft SQL Server 2000 or 2005
* BS/BA degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience
* Experience working with networked client/server game architecture
* Database programming experience
* Excellent oral and written communication skills

Pluses

* Experience creating HTML web pages, knowledge of ASP.NET in C#, Javascript, AJAX and/or Flash
* Experience playing online games
* Game industry or related experience
* Experience with peer-to-peer networking
* Experience and knowledge of NAT/firewalls
Comadevil
Administrator
Administrator
AOE3 Nickname: Comadevil

Post by Comadevil »

Was this profile written on the RE page?

Jobs and profiles differ from company to company
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

[quote=""Comadevil""]Was this profile written on the RE page?

Jobs and profiles differ from company to company[/quote]

yes it was.
generalbuschmann
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by generalbuschmann »

[quote=""Aaryn_GenD""][quote=""Comadevil""]Was this profile written on the RE page?

Jobs and profiles differ from company to company[/quote]

yes it was.[/quote]
http://www.robotentertainment.com/Studio/Hiring
36drew
Honorary Officer

Post by 36drew »

[quote=""generalbuschmann""]they dont ban someone for no reason and if u got banned than u did something[/quote]

Something maybe, but I have heard of too many cases of just unreal bans.
Macabee
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by Macabee »

It seems a lot of these bans are from people who play several shared accounts. If one person using the account cheats then all accounts of all users are banned. Doesn't really seem overly done to me.

Mac
etrips888
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by etrips888 »

UPDATE

Don't know if anyone else knows of it already, but apparently the FP 1.2 process is back on, for now, according to peachrocks. So all things going according to plan, we just might have a few more balance changes!

http://agesanctuary.com/index.php?porta ... try1441327
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

sweet, at least for clangames :)
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
Hydrovert5
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Hydrovert5 »

Nothing wrong with the way the game is balanced in my opinion. The current fanpatch more or less fixes what was wrong in the first place.

Now I think they're messing around with the concept of the game. The ideas posted there are interesting, but 'minor natives' are called 'minor' for a reason. If people want them boosted even by a little bit, I think that in itself could cause a new issue. What people are forgetting is that natives are indeed already viable whether in team games or 1v1. They don't cost a lot, they do their job, and they cost no population spaces.

What more could you want from the spear-throwing blighters?
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

[quote=""Hydrovert5""]Nothing wrong with the way the game is balanced in my opinion. The current fanpatch more or less fixes what was wrong in the first place.

Now I think they're messing around with the concept of the game. The ideas posted there are interesting, but 'minor natives' are called 'minor' for a reason. If people want them boosted even by a little bit, I think that in itself could cause a new issue. What people are forgetting is that natives are indeed already viable whether in team games or 1v1. They don't cost a lot, they do their job, and they cost no population spaces.

What more could you want from the spear-throwing blighters?[/quote]

Oh, I don't know... maybe body armor and automatic weapons 8)
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

Natives suck atm. And the ones that don't suck are overpowered. Seriously, have any of you picked the Comanche in a 1v1 game except for lategame situations where every unit counts? Seminole? Tupi? Even the Cherokee that are half decent? Common these don't even have a minor role at all. Mayans? pfft. Inca and new-Lakota (forgot the name) are super overpowered. And they're still not picked all the times because going natives isn't that easy. We all love the incas for their techs. The spearmen are actually good as well, but the bolas incas are trash ^^

Plus, even tho native rushes were imbalanced, they were LOADS of fun. Who remembers vanilla native rush? Hoho, would be great to see it viable again.

Diversity=fun
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

I agree about the Comanche. That raiding tech is seriously game-changing and--may I say--rather lame.
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)