Favorite civilization to team with?

General Discussion about Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

Warlord678
Corporal
Corporal

Favorite civilization to team with?

Post by Warlord678 »

I personally love teaming with a Spanish player. They have this very effective card called Arcaic Training. As most of you know I'm addicted to the British civilization, so once Arcaic Training is sent I can pump loads of lbs/pikes out no problem, very helpful in pushing an enemy into their base early on, imo.

What is your favorite civilization to team with and why?
deadhanddan
N3O Member
N3O Member

Re: Favorite civilization to team with?

Post by deadhanddan »

hahahaaha i luv ur sig warlord , thats op pic :-P

yeah i agree with u war , our brit-spain combo is truly devastating and we have beat many ppl higher rank using that. remember that 1 very special 2v2 on mongolia? hahaha i still remember that game like yesterday
- Dan
etrips888
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by etrips888 »

I personally love the germans..
great cav and dopps galore!
Lost_my_hope
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Lost_my_hope »

I like the Japanese as an ally because they win the game for me.
Vivian Stanshall, about 3 o'clock in the morning, Oxfordshire, 1973... good night.
ChrisTheMean
Private
Private

Post by ChrisTheMean »

When I'm playing as germans, I love having a russian teammate, as they can mass strel so fast, they can take care of any HI so the uhlans can be very effective, if the need arises to really mass cav, I'll send team cav attack while they ship 5+4(4+4) cossacks and we go cav crazy. If he's nice, he can also ship team cav scouts for cav hp/los (rarely happens, but possible). Alternatively, musk/xbow can be a great combo if you suspect alot of anticav at the start.
[quote=""Soccerman771""]It's obvious. As your name states you were mean to him so he went and cried in the corner. When he got the muster to come back to the game and face you, well you made him cry again.[/quote]
GeneralMichael
N3O Member
N3O Member
Steam: MDSamurai12

Post by GeneralMichael »

I like either british, japan, or dutch ally. The brits are best with booming, japan has an op late game eco, and dutch late game can just be devistating

Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

I agree with Chris. When I'm German I love a Russian mate. It lets me uhlan spam the way I am supposed to :D Here's what the uhlans are saying about it, and what the strelets respond:

ULF DER UHLAN: Danke, Strelizen. Ihr habt mir den Weg freigemacht! (Thank you, strelets. You cleared the way for me!)

ANDREY STRELETSOV: C udovolstvem, moy blondinkiy droog na loshchade. (With pleasure, my blond friend on a horse).

But an Aztec ally is even better. They mass maces even faster than strels early on, and maces wipe out HI even more effectively than strels. Plus they have 2 SKs they can send in with the first wave, followed up by even more maces and building-busting puma shipment. If there is one thing that keeps tantalizing me about going back to rated, it is doing Aztec/German rushes. With a German outpost next to the war hut, you can just dump masses of units on their town EARLIER than 6:00. Even with MM, it's really hard to cope with that many units... 10 uhlans or 4 landsknechts; 7 uhlans and 3 doppels IN ADDITION TO 14 maces, 2 SKs... I mean, what do you really do? Anything you field would be countered--en masse.

I also like Indian allies for 2v2 rush games. Stick an agra in their face and put on heavy sepoy pressure with uhlans or even massed xbows if they go double musket. If the rush doesn't work out, India's economy is fearsome, and the fort gives you some map control to boom.

Lastly, for rush games there's the old fashioned uhlan/janny rush with the Ottos. That's sort of like the Indian/German rush, but a little weaker because you get no fort and no 2 free sepoys. On the plus side, the Ottos sometimes age quicker, unless India goes 10/10.

For the British, I like Russian or Chinese allies because I can just musket/hussar spam and let them do everything else ::/
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)
St_Brewer
Captain
Captain

Post by St_Brewer »

when am playin as the dutch, and if anyone has played with me thats all i play as :P i love to have a french partner cos skirms with all the upgrades just wipe the floor with halberds and light ranged cav like ruyters and vet dragoons and while ur opponent is tryin to deal with wave after wave of skirms ur frog friend hacks through the walls and mercs all the villies so really its like a night on the town, u get a girl ur talkin to her and ur french mate slips in the back :P
If you cant run then you walk
If you cant walk then you crawl
and if you cant do that no more...
well you find someone to carry you
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Soccerman771 »

In 3v3's I always want a French guy on my team, just incase it goes late game. Instant cuirs running rampant all over the screen have won many many many games... :)
jtackel@hotmail.com

"Do you know how difficult it is to micro Napalm?" - Lazy_Tuga

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

^ Although my official Honorable Anti-Laming Obligations under the Ethics in Spamming Act (ESA) prevent me from endorsing the above strategy, I personally do not mind directly benefiting from those players who are not subject to the Act; or at least prefer not to follow it. 8)
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Soccerman771 »

[quote=""Kaiser_von_Nuben""]^ Although my official Honorable Anti-Laming Obligations under the Ethics in Spamming Act (ESA) prevent me from endorsing the above strategy, I personally do not mind directly benefiting from those players who are not subject to the Act; or at least prefer not to follow it. 8)[/quote]

Spoken like a true lawyer.
jtackel@hotmail.com

"Do you know how difficult it is to micro Napalm?" - Lazy_Tuga

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
St_Brewer
Captain
Captain

Post by St_Brewer »

i think kaiser is gonna have his own juristiction soon :P
ckei
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by ckei »

German,the uhlan is just an amazing unit. Opens many diffrent options
Lost_my_hope
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Lost_my_hope »

Ulf der Uhlan? Mine are called Hans-Georg!
Vivian Stanshall, about 3 o'clock in the morning, Oxfordshire, 1973... good night.
St_Brewer
Captain
Captain

Post by St_Brewer »

av just noticed hope, ur avatar is santa with a gun :| also just got off a game with a private playing as the japanese and while dutch boom in the economy u just give ur jap friend a whole loaad of resources and then all u see is wave after wave of yumi archers and samurai, tie that in with skirmishers sitting behind the samurai meat shield ur pretty much unstoppable, until a heavy cannon comes to play :P