General Discussion about Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

Comadevil
Administrator
Administrator
AOE3 Nickname: Comadevil

Re: Things I wish the game did...

Post by Comadevil »

But for AOK u needed much more time for a game. Fast castle(=FF) was something around 17 minutes.
Also i can still remember playing a few great 4 h games (Gametime).
Highlander999
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Highlander999 »

[quote=""Navarone_Guy""]Put some falconets or mortars in a balloon and you're set![/quote]

And have them fire out while in mid-air. That's what you call OP
Navarone_Guy
Honorary Officer

Post by Navarone_Guy »

I think the word you're looking for is "awesome". :D
Groovy.
NEO_CrAz3n
Honorary Leader
Honorary Leader

Post by NEO_CrAz3n »

[quote=""Comadevil""]But for AOK u needed much more time for a game. Fast castle(=FF) was something around 17 minutes.
Also i can still remember playing a few great 4 h games (Gametime).[/quote]

That's for sure Coma. We had a marathon, 5 hour clan game once. NASTY took off of work the next day because we finished early in the morning.
"Please accept my resignation. I don't care to belong to any club that will have me as a member." -Groucho Marx

"Any strat that beats me is lame." -CrAz3n

"Quoting yourself is just as bad as speaking about yourself in the third-person." -CrAz3n
36drew
Honorary Officer

Post by 36drew »

[quote=""NEO_CrAz3n""][quote=""Comadevil""]But for AOK u needed much more time for a game. Fast castle(=FF) was something around 17 minutes.

That's for sure Coma. We had a marathon, 5 hour clan game once. NASTY took off of work the next day because we finished early in the morning.[/quote]

LOL!!!!
StrokeyBlofeld
Clan Leader
Clan Leader

Post by StrokeyBlofeld »

[quote=""NEO_CrAz3n""][quote=""Comadevil""]But for AOK u needed much more time for a game. Fast castle(=FF) was something around 17 minutes.

That's for sure Coma. We had a marathon, 5 hour clan game once. NASTY took off of work the next day because we finished early in the morning.[/quote]

Lol, I remember having a few 2 and 3 hour games a while ago with some of the "old gang", chad quad bulldog etc. They were pretty long.
kingchrisII
Colonel
Colonel

Post by kingchrisII »

man i got some saved aoc game which lasted like 6 hours game time lol i only played offline lol

awsome game, and on aoe1 where the enemy didnt resign until ALL units were dead, sometime scould take agggges lol
LaZy
Honorary Officer

Post by LaZy »

I agree entirly with ALL of Maca´s suggestions. All of them would be a great bonus to gameplay and keep the game in line with reality of those times. His sugestion Nº 2 was a great addition to AoK. It was an upgrade for your towers that allowed them to attack melee units hitting the tower/ castle (I belive it was called Murder holes). I also agree with craz3n suggestion. The elevation attribute allows the whole 3d aspect of the game to become truly real. Also (as in a wonderful game called World in Conflict) line of sight needs/ should take into consideration the elevation attribute. Dumb to have a ranged unit shooting at an enemy and actually hit it 100% of the time without it actually physicly seeing its target.
Another thing that needs to be added was something I also enjoy in WiC, namely the camera angles being amzingly easy to change. Im one of the few players I know to rotate the camera ingame. But to actually be able to change the angle/inclination of our X axis would be great. The game also needs many more stances/ formations then currently available. Especially for cavalry. Especialy for players to flank properly, like in AoK.

However, Id just like to point out that this is THE best RTS franchise the gaming world has and will ever c. Out
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Soccerman771 »

How about putting the actual text of the chats from recorded games into the replays....
jtackel@hotmail.com

"Do you know how difficult it is to micro Napalm?" - Lazy_Tuga

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
Highlander999
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Highlander999 »

Give you the ability in QS to choose which civ not to play

*AHEM, CHINA*
kingchrisII
Colonel
Colonel

Post by kingchrisII »

naaa ^^^ that will encourage china lamers, or sioux lamers, or dutch lamers to pick the civs they find hard to beat!! and sioux could face russians age 2, we all know what that leads to....
NEO_CrAz3n
Honorary Leader
Honorary Leader

Post by NEO_CrAz3n »

[quote=""Soccerman771""]How about putting the actual text of the chats from recorded games into the replays....[/quote]

Good one! I loved that aspect of AOK:TC!
"Please accept my resignation. I don't care to belong to any club that will have me as a member." -Groucho Marx

"Any strat that beats me is lame." -CrAz3n

"Quoting yourself is just as bad as speaking about yourself in the third-person." -CrAz3n
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Soccerman771 »

Another one I've wish the game had. How about being able to set a game limit time (similar to AOK) where the game ended after 1 hour, 2 hours, etc. I usually can't sit at a computer more than 2 hours on the same game and it has caused undeserved losses where there were stalemates and I had things come up.

The other option would be to cancel the the game mid-stream, where both parties would have to agree on a stalemate. Though I don't think this would be used that often, if ever.
jtackel@hotmail.com

"Do you know how difficult it is to micro Napalm?" - Lazy_Tuga

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
36drew
Honorary Officer

Post by 36drew »

[quote=""Soccerman771""]How about putting the actual text of the chats from recorded games into the replays....[/quote]

Someone should make a thread about this at age sanctuary/age community. I would love to see this added to the game. Best idea i've heard in a long time.
Cyclohexane
Honorary Officer

Post by Cyclohexane »

I would just like the clan list to show online / offline status so you would not have to constantly update your friend list. You could then use your friend list for guys outside the clan.

As far as in-game experiences, I really like how Battle for Middle Earth II handles cavalry. The cavalry just runs right through the infantry (see little guys flying around being charged over). There is no cavalry path finding issues in BFMEII, you point and click and they attack the group breaking the formation, not the first few guys in the line while the rear cavalry runs around trying to get to the same guys.
Lead, Follow, or Get the Hell out of the way!

QUICK REFERENCE GUIDE & AOE3 TWC TAD UNIT COMPARISON:
AOE3 TWC TAD Quick Reference & AOE3 TWC TAD UNIT COMPARISON