tp start with china

Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

ckei
N3O Member
N3O Member

tp start with china

Post by ckei »

ok,this is the game vs the ottoman. I lost vs his revolution,lol mostly because of stupid mistakes .But that isnt important im more asking for if the tp start is viable to do.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Re: tp start with china

Post by Soccerman771 »

Interesting. You were clearly the dominant and better player.

You also quit way too soon. Play that out 4-5 more mins and he'd have had nothing. He didn't ship factories and only had 2 trade posts and no resource income really. Plus age 3 old han beats a revo army because you can go 3-4 rax and simply out-spam him.
jtackel@hotmail.com

"Do you know how difficult it is to micro Napalm?" - Lazy_Tuga

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
ckei
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by ckei »

yeah,I noticed that afterwards too,I didnt scout. But idk what do you think
I have tried to do it again with no succes
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

Question: If the new base TP cost is 200 wood, how does the ATP card affect it now? They must be dirt cheap with ATP.
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)
deadhanddan
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by deadhanddan »

atp lowers each tp by 40% , so for 200 wood it becomes 120 wood
- Dan
ckei
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by ckei »

yeah,so if u make 3 tps u will save 240 wood.I think that civs that can use tps early on will have a huge advanyage in this patch
LordDuckk
Conscript
Conscript

Post by LordDuckk »

Tried out a trade post start in an unrated new England game against ottos today. Started normally, but instead of getting 100 extra wood for two villages, I got only 60 wood, build a village, shipped the tp builder, and build another one with the 160 wood left.
Everything back on food until I could age with the summer palace. During transition I assigned about 5 villagers on wood, rest on food. Opponent seemed to be ffing, so I shipped 700 wood after aging, got stagecoach, build two more trade posts, a barracks and a consultate with German allies.
Started building some standard and old han armies, and shipped rattan shields, just as a group of 7 hussars came, which were quickly killed by my pikes, rattans and steppes. Went to his base and started killing his town, when 5 spahi attacked. Killed them quickly without problems. He resigned quickly after that.

I don't think the otto player played really well htough, he didn't put up a barrack up in the whole game...
But I think a double tp start instead of double villages/refuges is pretty good. With the extra experience I was able to get the improved village pop card, and still have a shipment ready after aging. I would ship the trade empire card instead of 300 wood though, which will give you a free tp and lower the cost to 160 wood, enabling you to get two tradeposts before aging, and making additional trade post very cheap.