2 v 2 on silk road - fan patch

Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

2 v 2 on silk road - fan patch

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

etrips888 (germans) and ChrisTheMean (japanese)
VS
IndyBrit (Brits) and I__CHAOS__I (spain)

early game the battles are dopps/yumi vs rods/longbows
later on, everything gets mixed in 8)

gg guys
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by I__CHAOS__I on Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
etrips888
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Re: 2 v 2 on silk road - fan patch

Post by etrips888 »

that was a fun game to play! I tried going dopps to surprise you guys, so early on I was trying to hide em. Even sent the 5 uhlan card to throw you off 8)
gg
ChrisTheMean
Private
Private

Post by ChrisTheMean »

Yes, that was way fun. Playing with you guys is definitely making me get better. gg for sure! :mrgreen:
[quote=""Soccerman771""]It's obvious. As your name states you were mean to him so he went and cried in the corner. When he got the muster to come back to the game and face you, well you made him cry again.[/quote]
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

[quote=""etrips888""]that was a fun game to play! I tried going dopps to surprise you guys, so early on I was trying to hide em. Even sent the 5 uhlan card to throw you off 8)
gg[/quote]

Nice idea... doppels with surprise can pack a nasty punch if they aren't ready, ie, bye bye FB.
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Just watched it. Nice micro, etrips. It's easy to lose all your doppels when you have archers around. In fact, it's pretty balsy going doppel against any civ that fields archers.

You spammed the doppels nicely at the start. Typically when I do doppels I'm not afraid to just ship in 3 doppels to start. They are great in a rush because they have so much siege, and the idea is to punch out their base before they have enough RI to cause grief. Still, I think your build order was good. You might want to scrap cigar roller and and add the advanced church or 4 landsknechts, though. When you are committed to doppels, the church gives you 20% more speed, and the 4 lands can be devastating if you send them early on. 430 HP, 72 siege, 108 attack vs. cav... YIKES!

This was a well-played game on all sides. Indy came back pretty nicely considering the damage he sustained early. And what an amazing demonstration that lancers can pwn huge numbers of RI without losing a single one of their own!

deadhanddan
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by deadhanddan »

lancers!? who said lancers!?!?!?!? haha i will have to watch this one
- Dan
etrips888
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by etrips888 »

Yeah I agree going doppels is pretty balsy against a civ like brits or dutch, but I felt I just had to. Before we got in game Indy tried telling us that uhlans and ashi were banned from the game, so I decided to comply with his wishes :twisted:

I've seen people use the 3 dopp card first in 1v1, but just how eco intensive team play can be I thought 3 SW would be better, especially because I wanted to mass up a bit instead of rush right away..would have ruined my element of surprise!

I like the idea of having the church card..I was debating what I wanted in the deck when i was making it before the game, and included a lot of eco cards cause dopps can be so damn expensive, but 20%? Thats just too hard to pass up!
joe4holly
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by joe4holly »

+ the 10% speed when you ship AA card ;)
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

yup, when going doppels, 3 dopps first card can be handy for early aggressiveness or just plain rush
setting your eco sraight befoer you spam them is not wrong either, it's just a different approach, i like this one in team games when my team decides not to overrush things.
in a 1v1 i'm getting a rax, send 8xbows+2ulans first,train 5 dopps, and 3rd card 3dopps+2ulans.
i can easily push with this strong early combo, while setting up my eco with the Sw shipments and preferably one crate to toy aroudn with, gettign the crucial market ups etc.
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Yeah, the 20% speed bonus for doppels makes them like rods with attitude ;)

deadhanddan
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by deadhanddan »

so true kaiser , aaryn and i did some test with incan road building and the japanese attack wonder set to land unit speed ability, lets just say that 7.05 speed ashi , 6.95 speed samurai (with sword saint sent ) and 6.5 speed hatamoto are no joke either.

another insane strat is the incan+wind runner+sioux chief huaminca warclub blitz :twisted: ( i may have invented this strat , not sure ) but the key to this is 3 tp carts card , windrunner card ( +10 infantry speed ) sioux chief aura , and massed incans and warclub ( with road building tech ) , i did sum crazy tests with this strat and lets juts say 8.2 speed huaminca and warclub will absolutely own everything and anything in their path , incan huaminca alone have 147 seige attack in fortress with seige dance with 10 vills only :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
- Dan
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

^Dan, if I'm the evil German mastermind, then I have doubt declaring you to be the evil native mastermind! We never stop dreaming up new combos and builds, do we? 8)

Just yesterday I did a new test with Germans... never thought I could dream up anything new, but I did... a semi-FI that gives you 48 czapkas before 14:00 :D

lordandcount
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by lordandcount »

If you are so eager to have seige just send team 2 flail ....
Nice played guys

ps: I like dog soldier with seige dance more than the huaminca, dog soldier or axe rider can kill other troops a bit faster than thoose natives
NEO_CrAz3n wrote: L&C is sorta the N3O police.
I'm the most annoying officer
deadhanddan
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by deadhanddan »

i agree lord , but cav are expensive and with all these infantry speed ups the huaminca and warclub are actually much faster , have almost identical seige with dance , and you can swarm the enemy with them ;) they do very good vs. r.i. with all this speed , the enemy will only be able to get one volley off before the huaminca and club are on top of them , then its only a matter of ''mopping up''
- Dan
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

this looks good in theory, but in reality it's a whole lot different, this can't be pulled off really vs dcent opponents, you have to get so many upgardes and send so many cards in such a short amount of time that won't work, if the game goes to midgame, you can ry to get those upgrades

i like french huaminca on andes for example, you don't get everything right away just start training incas, set your eco up, get the native upgrade cards, and only later the native techs

same with doppels , you can't get all the upgrades (adv church tilly's discipline, zweihänder tech, adv arsenal military drummers, Hand Infantry AttackHand Infantry HitpointsHand Infantry Combat) like you do in the longer term as the game develops, i tend to neglect one of the age2 upgrade card, all the ups i get are enough, i also spend cards on my eco and germantown farmer, guild artisans ;-)

@l&c: "flailiphant" rush is cool