Japs vs India on water, (pr 32 vs pr 37)

Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Japs vs India on water, (pr 32 vs pr 37)

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

Hehe this one is a fresh one, just finished playing it :D

Well India is quite a challenge in early colo, but as the game goes on it gets easier because of all the upgrades that make the Japanese army look ridiculous when compared to India's. Anyway he was colonel and I did more or less fine so I don't care :P Enjoy

p.s.- OMG he's 2.1k 1v1 on elo :O
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Re: Japs vs India on water, (pr 32 vs pr 37)

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

step away Drew, I found my new hero!
:D

Oh Sporting, can you play any other civ? I really don't like japan :?
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

vgg!

How come you had 2 of those cherry orchards things at start?

those yumi rock as well 8)
I dont know what India can do to beat japan tbh
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
NEO_CrAz3n
Honorary Leader
Honorary Leader

Post by NEO_CrAz3n »

We've played a lot of games with ton80 over the years. I think plop played with/against him a lot.

I'll watch this one right now. :D
"Please accept my resignation. I don't care to belong to any club that will have me as a member." -Groucho Marx

"Any strat that beats me is lame." -CrAz3n

"Quoting yourself is just as bad as speaking about yourself in the third-person." -CrAz3n
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

You get 2 cherry orchards when you don't start with berries ^^

Playing a different civ... Hum dunno, probably when I get bored of japs :p The thing is that with japs I can actually stand a chance against way higher rated players since it depends so much on micro and being agressive. Also my macro kinda sucks, and since japs can't hunt it's one less thing to worry about :D

btw what I love is raiding and annoying vills. It's delicious.

p.s. also, I enjoy playing UP civs like ports, germans and indians, but I hate the fact that there are matchups where it is just impossible to win, like getting a nooby china player that figured out how to lame or getting a 4 bank ff dutch player. With japs I can still have a chance against most civs, it's just a matter of knowing what to do.
Macavity
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Macavity »

Wow I just watched the game up through the Colonial age and I do not see how this guy is ranked so high. I do hope that India isn't his primary civ because he was very sloppy.
---1:He went wood early with his villies slowing his age time up by more than a minute.
2: He was late in aging.
3: His first card was a mystery choice (distributivism)
4: He never used his Sowars to look for stray villies. (In fact he completely wasted them)
5: He didn't push his early advantage in military. (Sport had mostly archers.)
And no offense Sport, but if you had came at me with an army of almost nothing but archers, I would have eaten you alive. All in all though Sport you had him from the start. India can't play with Japan on a water map. Good job!
NEO_CrAz3n
Honorary Leader
Honorary Leader

Post by NEO_CrAz3n »

VGG

Nice job Sporting.
"Please accept my resignation. I don't care to belong to any club that will have me as a member." -Groucho Marx

"Any strat that beats me is lame." -CrAz3n

"Quoting yourself is just as bad as speaking about yourself in the third-person." -CrAz3n
sector_7g
Conscript
Conscript

Post by sector_7g »

you gota love, it good job man keep em coming :D
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

thanks guys ;)
And no offense Sport, but if you had came at me with an army of almost nothing but archers, I would have eaten you alive. All in all though Sport you had him from the start. India can't play with Japan on a water map. Good job!
Obviously I would check if there was cav or not first :p I knew he didn't like sowars much for some reason... They rock with all the cards they get.

3: His first card was a mystery choice (distributivism)
Distributivism is actually - the - only choice for India. It is worth 2 vills plus 1 free vill and it's the best card for India to send. But yes, he wasn't such a big deal.
LaZy
Honorary Officer

Post by LaZy »

Hmmm.... strange game

How on earth did that Colonel recover?

Sporting in my, humble, opinion u did 3 major mistakes. 1st: u took forever 2 make cav. Nags pwn gurkhas. Period! 2nd u finished the game with 6 cards to play. 3rd u didnt use consulate, Golden Pavilon or Daimyo correctly

1st: ashigarus rock. After u invest a couple of cards they totaly pwn. However, his skirms/ gurkhas own HI, even without CIR (until l8 game of course). U started making nags far 2 l8.

2nd: the insane amount of cards u didnt play was a big mistake. Even if u do have a water deck and need land cards u still could / should of played the flaming arrows card (twice) and since u where short on gold ( all game long btw) ur 600 gold card (twice). Since all u pretty much mased were ashis u should of played ur 8 ashi card (twice).

3rd: Consulate was used to make those cool anti cav units ( similar to Nootka). Period. Nothing else came from the consulate( except bushido principles). 1 of the few things I am still very noob at, is switching between allies with the consulate in accordance with the age Im in. U stayed with isolation and at the end of the game had 700 export 2 use. Golden pavilon was constantly on ranged effect. Even when ur ashis were going melee vs his elies and sowars the Pavilon continued on ranged effect. Ur 1st daimyo was used rather well until he was almost lost and u put him 2 recover. Then u just 4got about him completly. Shipped the second Daimyo and didnt use him at all.

However, your constant pressure in his home base gave u the upper hand ALL game long. Your water eco was a HUGE bonus. You totaly owned the Sea. At one point u had 60 vills( including fishing ships) vs his 34. Wow what a diference. Your ashis were OP backed up very well with ur yumis. Very cool hit n run subdividing each group of ashis with almost individual hit n run. But then u aged. As did he a min l8er. Suddenly the game totaly changed 4 ya. His gurkas ( with amazing micro mind you) were so very OP vs ur HI. And once he started making elies it was game over.

Still a very cool 2 watch. Im also sure that if u play that guy 10 times ull beat him at least 6-7 times.

GG
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Thank you very much for the review Lazy! ;)
1st: ashigarus rock. After u invest a couple of cards they totaly pwn. However, his skirms/ gurkhas own HI, even without CIR (until l8 game of course). U started making nags far 2 l8.
Yes I agree I should have made nagis earlier. I didn't do it as soon as I often do because he already had some sepoys. I was a bit lazy in that point I admit :p
2nd: the insane amount of cards u didnt play was a big mistake. Even if u do have a water deck and need land cards u still could / should of played the flaming arrows card (twice) and since u where short on gold ( all game long btw) ur 600 gold card (twice). Since all u pretty much mased were ashis u should of played ur 8 ashi card (twice).
Well, yeah it's true ^^ As the game goes on n on I kinda forget hc cards ^^'' Anyway I didn't use 600 gold card because I wasn't spending too much coin.
3rd: Consulate was used to make those cool anti cav units ( similar to Nootka). Period. Nothing else came from the consulate( except bushido principles). 1 of the few things I am still very noob at, is switching between allies with the consulate in accordance with the age Im in. U stayed with isolation and at the end of the game had 700 export 2 use. Golden pavilon was constantly on ranged effect. Even when ur ashis were going melee vs his elies and sowars the Pavilon continued on ranged effect. Ur 1st daimyo was used rather well until he was almost lost and u put him 2 recover. Then u just 4got about him completly. Shipped the second Daimyo and didnt use him at all.
Well, there's not much else to get from consulate :p It's a bit pricey to be changing nations, but anyway the archers from consulate are too expensive.

So true ^^ I do forget about the healing daimyo sometimes :\

Heh, changing the golden pav at the middle of a battle? O_O that's too much for me :p That's another reason why I prefer spamming ranged infantry before cav when using golden pavillion ^^
However, your constant pressure in his home base gave u the upper hand ALL game long. Your water eco was a HUGE bonus. You totaly owned the Sea. At one point u had 60 vills( including fishing ships) vs his 34. Wow what a diference. Your ashis were OP backed up very well with ur yumis. Very cool hit n run subdividing each group of ashis with almost individual hit n run. But then u aged. As did he a min l8er. Suddenly the game totaly changed 4 ya. His gurkas ( with amazing micro mind you) were so very OP vs ur HI. And once he started making elies it was game over.

Still a very cool 2 watch. Im also sure that if u play that guy 10 times ull beat him at least 6-7 times.

GG
Well basically all my errors are from my macro, too many things that I forget :( Which I try to compensate with being very agressive :D That's why I suck at boom civs heh

Thanks, Doctor Lazy ;)