General Discussion about Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Re: The OFFICIAL Brag Thread

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

Ok so finally a little space for Math :D

0/0 can have different meanings. For instance, consider f(x) the function (x-3)(x-5). Consider g(x) the function x-3. Divide f(x) by g(x) when x tends to 3. You substitute and get 0/0 ( (3-3)(3-5)/(3-3)=0/0 ) , which means that this is an indetermination and that it can be solved. limit x->3 of ( (x-5)(x-3)/(x-3) ) = limit x->3 of (x-5) = -2. The same way 0/0 meant -2 here, it can mean any value, which is why it's called an indetermination.
Hydrovert5
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Hydrovert5 »

[quote=""Sporting_Lisbon""]Ok so finally a little space for Math :D

0/0 can have different meanings. For instance, consider f(x) the function (x-3)(x-5). Consider g(x) the function x-3. Divide f(x) by g(x) when x tends to 3. You substitute and get 0/0 ( (3-3)(3-5)/(3-3)=0/0 ) , which means that this is an indetermination and that it can be solved. limit x->3 of ( (x-5)(x-3)/(x-3) ) = limit x->3 of (x-5) = -2. The same way 0/0 meant -2 here, it can mean any value, which is why it's called an indetermination.[/quote]

You just completely frazzled my brain.
NitroZ
N3O Member
N3O Member
Steam: somegreekguy

Post by NitroZ »

0/0 can have different meanings. For instance, consider f(x) the function (x-3)(x-5). Consider g(x) the function x-3. Divide f(x) by g(x) when x tends to 3. You substitute and get 0/0 ( (3-3)(3-5)/(3-3)=0/0 ) , which means that this is an indetermination and that it can be solved. limit x->3 of ( (x-5)(x-3)/(x-3) ) = limit x->3 of (x-5) = -2. The same way 0/0 meant -2 here, it can mean any value, which is why it's called an indetermination.[/quote]

Advanced Functions FTPW? :D
Wetmelon
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Wetmelon »

And... why are we explaining Indeterminate Form?

I just finished a calculus class where all we did (mostly) was find a way to avoid this :roll: :-P
joe4holly
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by joe4holly »

My head hurts :cry:
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

can't you just ship 3 vils instead?
:D
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Soccerman771 »

[quote=""I__CHAOS__I""][quote=""Sporting_Lisbon""]Ok so finally a little space for Math :D

:D[/quote]

Why ship 3 vils? Send 300 food and wait until you have 6 villages and a tc and ship 7 vils 4 minutes later.. :)
jtackel@hotmail.com

"Do you know how difficult it is to micro Napalm?" - Lazy_Tuga

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
deadhanddan
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by deadhanddan »

[quote=""Soccerman771""][quote=""I__CHAOS__I""][quote=""Sporting_Lisbon""]Ok so finally a little space for Math :D

Why ship 3 vils? Send 300 food and wait until you have 6 villages and a tc and ship 7 vils 4 minutes later.. :)[/quote]or ff and ship 8 villes :)
- Dan
huGGy
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by huGGy »

[quote=""deadhanddan""][quote=""Soccerman771""][quote=""I__CHAOS__I""][quote=""Sporting_Lisbon""]Ok so finally a little space for Math :D

Why ship 3 vils? Send 300 food and wait until you have 6 villages and a tc and ship 7 vils 4 minutes later.. :)[/quote]or ff and ship 8 villes :)[/quote]

No vill rush ftw.
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

[quote=""HuggyPierre""][quote=""deadhanddan""][quote=""Soccerman771""][quote=""I__CHAOS__I""][quote=""Sporting_Lisbon""]Ok so finally a little space for Math :D

Why ship 3 vils? Send 300 food and wait until you have 6 villages and a tc and ship 7 vils 4 minutes later.. :)[/quote]or ff and ship 8 villes :)[/quote]

No vill rush ftw.[/quote]

How about a vil rush?
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Soccerman771 »

[quote=""Kaiser_von_Nuben""][quote=""HuggyPierre""][quote=""deadhanddan""][quote=""Soccerman771""][quote=""I__CHAOS__I""][quote=""Sporting_Lisbon""]Ok so finally a little space for Math :D

How about a vil rush?[/quote]

I've never understood the French vil rush. You know 25 guys with white flags running to the enemy's base.... :roll:
jtackel@hotmail.com

"Do you know how difficult it is to micro Napalm?" - Lazy_Tuga

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
GeneralMichael
N3O Member
N3O Member
Steam: MDSamurai12

Post by GeneralMichael »

[quote=""Soccerman771""][quote=""Kaiser_von_Nuben""][quote=""HuggyPierre""][quote=""deadhanddan""][quote=""Soccerman771""][quote=""I__CHAOS__I""][quote=""Sporting_Lisbon""]Ok so finally a little space for Math :D

How about a vil rush?[/quote]

I've never understood the French vil rush. You know 25 guys with white flags running to the enemy's base.... :roll:[/quote]

They are probably planing on being taken alive so in the middle of the night they can steal your women and therefore stop your vil production 8O

LaZy
Honorary Officer

Post by LaZy »

Captn, Captn, Major, VS Leut Col, Major and the T.W.A.T.

I missed the unrespnsive player window and only got the SS below.....boy did that feel good since I was forced 2 split with him cos in the room b4 the host launched we were really going at each other.

whos ur daddy? huh? thats right..... I AM......little punk

out

PS in all honesty the game did lag quite a bit so he could of dropped, however I dont believe in coincidences and a T.W.A.T. will always get his way 2 save his precious T.W.A.T.N.E.S.S.....i mean PR
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

pwnt
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

hey lazy, do you mean greeny12? that not liked old member of n3o??
he got what he deserved, kinda