Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Re: Nav vs. Drew

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

Nav, watch replays from slim_shady and you'll understand why

aura not so important = LOL, I'd say it's prob the best thing astecs have atm, and many call it even OP...

aging up faster means you can ship those idle shipments sooner
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

Yes, aura means shipments. All native civs have to keep their wc alive.
Navarone_Guy
Honorary Officer

Post by Navarone_Guy »

Chaos, losing 10 mace in age 2 that you don't need to have lost isn't as important as getting your next shipment slightly faster.
Groovy.
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

[quote=""Navarone_Guy""]Chaos, losing 10 mace in age 2 that you don't need to have lost isn't as important as getting your next shipment slightly faster.[/quote]

not sure what u mean but you really underestimate the fast age up and the XP aura

if you age up fast, you can ship 10&9 maces BEFORE you aged up if selected the slow age up, you can also start building units faster
Aging up slowly means your first 10 maces arrive at 5.40 which is crappy

you took down 2 TP's early, well, if you had had your Warchief there it would have granted you 600 XP instead
Navarone_Guy
Honorary Officer

Post by Navarone_Guy »

Wait... that was stupid. I mistyped... I meant it's more important than getting your next shipment slightly faster.

I also send 2 shipments in age 1; 4 jaguars unless there are no treasures, then 3 vils when I'm about to click age up. When I do get to age 2, I can send 10 mace to the forward hut right away.
Groovy.
36drew
Honorary Officer

Post by 36drew »

[quote=""Navarone_Guy""]Wait... that was stupid. I mistyped... I meant it's more important than getting your next shipment slightly faster.

I also send 2 shipments in age 1; 4 jaguars unless there are no treasures, then 3 vils when I'm about to click age up. When I do get to age 2, I can send 10 mace to the forward hut right away.[/quote]

Damn... I like this BO a lot. I've always sent the villager cards first without even consideration for another. Usually its true, but in this case your idea makes perfect sense.
Navarone_Guy
Honorary Officer

Post by Navarone_Guy »

The four jaguars can get you a LOT of resources on treasure-heavy maps, and in age 1 when it matters. They also double as great meatshields in age 2 (that's a 900 food shipment in age 1).
Groovy.
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

this is a very common play on heavy treasure maps, and actually, u get the 4 jags first, then the 3 vils to get more treasures.
Navarone_Guy
Honorary Officer

Post by Navarone_Guy »

Yeah, that's what I do.
Groovy.
Shizle

Post by Shizle »

i do the same. Once you start using the 4 jags, the xp just comes rolling in. I xp dance and get the 3 villie card soon after the 4 jags.

In team games, the treasures (and xp) are everywhere. The treasures with three 30xp guardians turns into 180 xp...and that's before you get the treasure.

And, if you happen to run into the opponents explorer, you can take him and any of his little friends out with little effort.
KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by KingKaramazov »

Hey Nav, that's a cute Chinese flag on your signature.

Heheh.
"Why are some people all grasshopper fiddlings, scrappings, all antennae shivering, one big ganglion eternally knotting, slip-knotting, square-knotting themselves? They stoke a furnace all their lives, sweat their lips, shine their ey
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

I guess Nav wanted to beat those really lame Ashi spammers :p
Navarone_Guy
Honorary Officer

Post by Navarone_Guy »

If I wanted to destroy ashigaru spammers, then I'd go Dutch. I've been playing China recently because, frankly, I find the civ fun to play and it's damn nice being the OP one for once. I've been playing the crap civs for over a year and the opposite is nice for a change.
Groovy.
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Yeah I know I was jk :p As japs dutch is a worse nightmare than china, since china players ranked as high as me (except for you since your rank hasn't got up yet) are 1st lieuts and Captains that learned how to lame.
Navarone_Guy
Honorary Officer

Post by Navarone_Guy »

Eh, I think Dutch are up there, and many people say they're just as bad as China. They may not have one OP unit like disciples, but the civ overall is just too powerful. I truly enjoy playing China, though. It's a really fun civ.
Groovy.