Bored Celtics Fans: Check This Out

You can talk about anything here

Moderator: Global Moderator

RascalJones
N3O Member
N3O Member

Re: Bored Celtics Fans: Check This Out

Post by RascalJones »

It just goes to show how much I do NOT follow the NBA.

Still. Go Cavs! Win it for Cleveland!
KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by KingKaramazov »

[quote=""cleeduz""]The whole "gangster" attitude is what has ruined the NBA in my opinion. Give me Larry Bird, Kevin McHale, Robert Parrish, Danny Ainge and ML Carr. That was an OP Celtics team! :D[/quote]

If you're referring to my signature, it's a reference to the fact that Paul Pierce was accused of throwing gang signs at an opposing bench (ridiculous).
"Why are some people all grasshopper fiddlings, scrappings, all antennae shivering, one big ganglion eternally knotting, slip-knotting, square-knotting themselves? They stoke a furnace all their lives, sweat their lips, shine their ey
RascalJones
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by RascalJones »

Naw, Cleeduz said that when you had the Garnett sig up.

I think he's more referring to the league as a whole....
cleeduz
Honorary Officer

Post by cleeduz »

[quote=""RascalJones""]Naw, Cleeduz said that when you had the Garnett sig up.

I think he's more referring to the league as a whole....[/quote]

And Bingo was his name-o!

Maybe it's just me, but why should anyone (let alone kids) watch these guys, the majority of NBA players are "wanna be" thugs and are unprofessional at the very least, imo.

I understand that all professional sports have their bad apples (ie: Manny Ramirez, A-Rod) but the NBA seems to have WAY more than it's fair share. They lost me as a fan long ago...
"Nature doesn't like Agra forts." - Sporting Lisbon

In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria. - Ben Franklin
RascalJones
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by RascalJones »

BTW, the Cavs are freaking STOMPING Atlanta. 77-47 as I type this. Check that. 79-47.
Warno
Conscript
Conscript

Post by Warno »

Used to love KG when he was on Minnesota and even last year on the Celtics. His 'intensity' has just become too much for me though. When he clapped his hands in Calderon's face or when he got down on his hands and knees vs Bayless (who they proceeded to hit a jumper in Garnett's face) crossed the line for me. When he punched Bogut in the head and then and then felt his face as if he had been punched showed me that he was kind of a punk.
I was happy they won the title last year but when Pierce said he was 'the best player in the world' I thought that was ridiculous.
Ray Allen is one of the greatest shooters ever and Rondo is one of my favirote pg's in the league (he was a beast on my fantasy team this year).

Taunting Calderon:

Punching Bogut:

On all fours:

Motha*&$%^@s may not be able to stop him, but his knees already have. He is rumored to be having micro-fracture surgery this off-season, very few players have been able to come back and play at the level that they were playing before their injury. At his age, 32, I can't see him recovering fully and playing as well as he did this season. Add in an aging Pierce (31) and Allen (33) and it does not bode well for the mighty Celtics.
Warno
Conscript
Conscript

Post by Warno »

[quote=""cleeduz""][quote=""RascalJones""]Naw, Cleeduz said that when you had the Garnett sig up.

I think he's more referring to the league as a whole....[/quote]

And Bingo was his name-o!

Maybe it's just me, but why should anyone (let alone kids) watch these guys, the majority of NBA players are "wanna be" thugs and are unprofessional at the very least, imo.

I understand that all professional sports have their bad apples (ie: Manny Ramirez, A-Rod) but the NBA seems to have WAY more than it's fair share. They lost me as a fan long ago...[/quote]

If you think basketball has more than its fair share than I am sure you have not been following football the past few years: Pacman shooting in Vegas, Sean Taylor shot and killed and Vick promoting dog-fights. That is to just name a few.
etrips888
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by etrips888 »

manny ramirez getting suspended for illegal substances... :)