Navarone_Guy
Honorary Officer

Nav vs. Drew

Post by Navarone_Guy »

Navarone vs. Drew
Aztecs vs. Ottomans
Sonora
Winner: Navarone

A great game! Detailed summary in the ladder section.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Groovy.
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Re: Nav vs. Drew

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

Gonna watch.
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

GG

Not much to say. It's a pretty hard matchup for the otto player. Yet, next time drew try Grens instead of abus against maces. It may sound strange but it works better, if u can get a decent number of grens, like around 10 they are good.

Ah, another thing. Don't collect all the crates from colo age up :p get only to 20w, because when silk road arrives, the wood goes up and u get 120 free wood!

Btw nav, you should use war dance more :p You were awesome with those stealth guys ;)
NEO_CrAz3n
Honorary Leader
Honorary Leader

Post by NEO_CrAz3n »

:D Going to watch now...

GG guys! I thought Drew had the game at one point.

Nav, what civ can't you play and when did you start playing Aztec?

I also noticed, like me you play at 800x600 screen res. If you could play at a higher res you'd even be better. Is it a comp thing or do you prefer it?
"Please accept my resignation. I don't care to belong to any club that will have me as a member." -Groucho Marx

"Any strat that beats me is lame." -CrAz3n

"Quoting yourself is just as bad as speaking about yourself in the third-person." -CrAz3n
36drew
Honorary Officer

Post by 36drew »

^Nav plays on a laptop -- so that's my guess as to why he uses 800x600 resolution.
Navarone_Guy
Honorary Officer

Post by Navarone_Guy »

Yep, that's why.

Anyway, Craz, I can't play Ottomans or Spanish for the life of me. At least nowhere near my rank.

I started Aztecs again recently and have been having decent success with a mace spam backed up with coyotes later on.
Groovy.
NEO_CrAz3n
Honorary Leader
Honorary Leader

Post by NEO_CrAz3n »

I would think with Spain's shipments you'd be great with them and that you'd use lancers like you do Uhlans.
"Please accept my resignation. I don't care to belong to any club that will have me as a member." -Groucho Marx

"Quoting yourself is just as bad as speaking about yourself in the third-person." -CrAz3n
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Lol Spain is so easy... Dunno why you say you can't play them :\
36drew
Honorary Officer

Post by 36drew »

[quote=""NEO_CrAz3n""]I would think with Spain's shipments you'd be great with them and that you'd use lancers like you do Uhlans.[/quote]

That's actually a pretty damn scary thought. I might try and learn spain myself.
Shizle

Post by Shizle »

GG. I've played a fair amount of aztec lately and another thing that I've found really helpful is to keep the WC alive and in the back of my military to get the triple xp. As you kill units and TPs, you get triple the kill/destroy xp...and that gets your shipments out super fast. The attack bonus of 10 WPs is insane. That's the part I can have trouble with...when to dance for XP or villies, and when to get the additional WPs. Getting those 10 WPs is a key part of winning with Aztec in my book.

Would someone confirm something about coyotes for me? I know they're light infantry, so the jans would only get the 1.5 multiplier against them rather than the 2 multiplier for cav, right?
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Soccerman771 »

good game, but why did he resign? Plenty of resources left...
jtackel@hotmail.com

"Do you know how difficult it is to micro Napalm?" - Lazy_Tuga

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
severebeating
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by severebeating »

[quote=""NEO_CrAz3n""]

Nav, what civ can't you play and when did you start playing Aztec?

I also noticed, like me you play at 800x600 screen res. If you could play at a higher res you'd even be better. Is it a comp thing or do you prefer it?[/quote]

STOP with the suggestions to make him better!!! He's too good already.

:)
NEO_CrAz3n
Honorary Leader
Honorary Leader

Post by NEO_CrAz3n »

LOL

I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

OMG, vills killing each other, gotha love it!

Nav, I think aging up fast is the only good way.
Also try to keep your warchief behind your maces in stand ground, the extra XP is really a must

I think otto need to FF vs aztecs and never try to fwd build

gg
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
Navarone_Guy
Honorary Officer

Post by Navarone_Guy »

I dunno about keeping the warchief back. His aura isn't THAT important, and frankly I think having a 750 hp meatshield with a swashbucker attack is more important. I guess it's just a matter of preference.

Also, why age up quickly if you can't get the warhut up in time anyway? It's just wasted time in colonial when you could have a free 90 damage area attack (although isn't not that useful) or maybe 1 skull knight?

I've decided that I really need to improve in two areas: scouting more and using the attack dance more effectively.

Shizle, coyotes ARE light infantry, so they do take 1.5x damage from jans.
Groovy.