How bad was it?

Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

Palehorse
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

How bad was it?

Post by Palehorse »

First, thanks for the games (DeadHandDan, L&C, Das_Ding, KingVint and Bodet), my first 2 since September 2008. Secondly, my apologies, condolences, (at least they were unrated :? ).

It seemed pretty horrible. Looking at the data,

Game 1
Game 2

I certainly failed to make peons once things get interesting. I immediately added a schooners rush deck after the Hispaniola debacle.

What else do I need to work on? Am I dead meat if I only play a game or two on the weekends?
deadhanddan
N3O Member
N3O Member

Re: How bad was it?

Post by deadhanddan »

hey was fun to play with ya! lol water maps can be tricky as all get out when playing a map such as Hispaniola ( took all 3 of them to get me off water :twisted: ) game 1 was actually my fault - not yours , i pulled back my cav too soon and left your army exposed to das's cav :( in game 2 we won the the BIG battle but lost the war due to not attempting to take water which again i feel was more then likely my fault that even tho i was Sioux at game start i had contemplating choosing my water deck but opted for my everything cav deck :( and when i attempted to force lord off water i managed to invoke the wrath of his entire team into making sure i didn't try for water again .... no love for canoes i guess ::/
- Dan
wicked_assassin
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by wicked_assassin »

don't worry about it, we are here to have fun and besides the N3O rule is dan is always guilty ;) ...
deadhanddan
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by deadhanddan »

[quote=""wicked_assassin""]don't worry about it, we are here to have fun and besides the N3O rule is dan is always guilty ;) ...[/quote] pretty much sums it up :(
- Dan
KingVint
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by KingVint »

You did fine and played very well. Das_Ding made it to age 5 pretty fast and become a powerhouse. Also, the FU Old Han army can be hard to stop in Age 4. If you are only able to play on the weekends, you might want to pick a single civ and keep working on it. That is what I have done with China, and although it gets boring at times, I feel I know the civ decently well now (Keshik/Steppe ftw).
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

no worries Palehorse, having me in the team is even worse
I cause lag, use wrong strats, get raided to hell etc ... :D
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
spongebobthegrea
Conscript
Conscript

Post by spongebobthegrea »

haha deadhanddan is a great guy and fun to play!!!

just played him in a 1 vs 1 unrated
i was massacring him with landskchanets :D
dunno who wud have won tho man
gg
none other than, spongebobthegrea
(anthony)

go aoe3!:D
deadhanddan
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by deadhanddan »

arg those mercs were tuff! i was impressed by the sheer mass of them u managed to build , yes that game was pretty fun to play , shame we couldn't finish it out - at that point in game we were pretty much 50/50 ,would have made a good replay to post had we of finished it out ( if we had rec'd it that is ) rare when i make more then 10 falcs that early in a game!!! lol gg wp hope to do more of those games in future :)
- Dan