Sporting's 2nd VOD: Spa vs Germans, Iro vs Spa, Iro vs India

Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

cleeduz
Honorary Officer

Re: Sporting's 2nd VOD: Spa vs Germans, Iro vs Spa, Iro vs I

Post by cleeduz »

I just finished your VOD trilogy, you did an outstanding job. I was really curious to see how our beloved Iros would fair in 1.1, and it's nice to know as you say "They still kick a$$ and chew bubble gum"!

Thanks again for making these, and thank goodness people still don't give Aennas their due credit, they let an old, slow and not incredibly smart guy like me pick up a win every now and then. :-P

Fantastic job buddy! :D

@ Huggy -- You almost had him, nice rush btw! stupid wardogs...
"Nature doesn't like Agra forts." - Sporting Lisbon

In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria. - Ben Franklin
LaZy
Honorary Officer

Post by LaZy »

Simply amazing gameplay and wonderful comentary.

Thank u 4 some very entertaining games Sporting

out
36drew
Honorary Officer

Post by 36drew »

You got some guts to put your warhut beside an agra fort bro. It worked well nonetheless. And nothing like some good old help from mother nature. I remember playing Tatltael one time and he accidently set off a 10 blowgunner treasure guarding like 520 coin or something. :D

You are right about aenna's -- a great unit for sure. Especially when camping behind a nice warhut.

TY for making that. Its's interesting watching others clicks and keystrokes when they play. It's also interesting how our screens look very different when we play yet we are about the same skill level. BTW, nice micro with the 4 huss/4kanya.

And the biggest thing I like about your VOD is this point -- virtually zero time to bother with economy. Just set it and forget it and keep your eye on the military. One can never learn that message enough.
TheRam
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by TheRam »

Just watched this, and it was great.
Seriously WP.
Your Iroquois play is evil, the swarm is strong.
The India game was the best! Nature HATES agra forts.
Good commentary man.
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

Great VOD, Sporting; I just watched them today myself. Huggy put nice pressure on you, but your hussar/lancer micro, plus the war dog lamage was just too hot to handle. German/Spain can be a weird matchup. Personally I find Spain weak against a semi-FF, with colonial xbow pressure followed by a mass veteran uhlan attack supported by skirms to get pikes and rods once I match them in fortress. Lancers lose badly to uhlans I have found; you just need large numbers. Nice idea having the Swiss pikes in your deck. That makes all-out cav a risky proposition!

Iros are OP, I don't care who says otherwise. And you are so right about the aennas. Why are they so dangerous? The extra HP from the chief? High ROF? Cheap price and 1st-grader-econ-management (duh, all food?) I find they pwn all other ranged inf (except maybe maces), even other archers, and HI just evaporates before them. Against Spain it is just a walkover; only a perfect and fast FF would beat all those nasty archers. I have played games where they beat cav, too, so they are definitely a great unit to abuse.

Thanks for posting!
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

Thanks for the feedback everyone!

Actually Ben what makes aenna really damn awesome, in addition to huge hp and rr and very nice atk (12x2 vs HI with ~2.1 ROF) is 5 speed. 5 speed means you can chase to death outnumbered opponents and that you can retreat safely when you're the one outnumbered.
deadhanddan
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by deadhanddan »

lategame aennas are fun to abuse when carded , with new ways card for breastplate + firepit their damage is somehere around 45 with hp near 300 possibly more with chief present. only other bow units that give them a run or their $$$ is yumi or late game longbow , haven't yet seen aenna vs. ckn late game yet but would seem near even at the least
- Dan
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

bump, so that Incognoto can more easily find this (and anyone else who missed this)
Incognoto
Private
Private

Post by Incognoto »

Very nice accent Sporting. (Y)

I'll edit when I'm done watchin.
hi
Incognoto
Private
Private

Post by Incognoto »

I can't find the edit button so I'm sorry I must double post. :/

This was a nice watch, good accent, nice humour, gutsy move vs that agra (and tigers are indeed endangered :p), aenna roxx.
hi
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

BUMP for Destructor to find this more easily ^^
frenchfantom
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by frenchfantom »

haha thanks dude.

Edit: Pro much? how effective is the town destroyer war chief? can he really take on a tower or TC by himself?

edit2: just got beat by otto ff... i dont know how to do that ff strat for iros, could u send me the BO please?
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

By himself, if left unnoticed, yes, but that is certainly not going to happen (wouldn't you find weird that the tc is going down just vs the chief?). So you gotta keep the chief alive and make sure he's "disguised" among the other iro units.

Otto ff in RE can be very strong if you are too passive. Make sure you attack early and keep him housed, he won't have much to defend.