new lamest civ

General Discussion about Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

MNBob
Honorary Officer

Re: new lamest civ

Post by MNBob »

How are you aging up in under 3:30? I assume you are aging with 12 (11?) settlers and have idle TC time? I also assume you need to have a nice food treasure and/or herdables that you use right away.

When you age that quckly and use your first shipment does your 2nd shipment even arrive in time to use immediately after your first?
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

sorry tubruk, but it's just not possible to argue with you when you twist every single word around. Feel free to play how you want, I just shared my opinions. Maybe, just maybe, you could accept the fact you might possibly not have tested the p10 like i did it and that you might have made a few tiny mistakes resulting in an unsatisfying outcome of the strat? In the rec I saw you didn't care about a small foud treasure but went for a coin treasure instead, resulting in longer idle TC time... that's my point.
I've been through all your game stats, haven't seen any attempts there at p10 unless u failed aging up around 3.30, and therefor failed at the strat.
Big lol at how you analysed my stats - I must be a real noob :D

@Cammel: I don't doubt any of ur skills mate, wasn't aimed at you. But you need to try it out, it might not suit your playstyle, but I think you will understand the potential better. You cannot compare the difference of 2 vils in age up with the other civs. I completely agree that (as example) a 10 vil age up as dutch is a lot worse economically than a 12 vil, but Ports is a diff story (because of the 2 TCs). By the time you are in age II, I'm already catching up on vils.

@MNBob: check the BO i wrote in the strategy section for a 10 vil age up and check Cammel's for the 12 vil age up.
2nd shipment is usually not ready yet (but close if you go for any treasures to get the xp), yet it doesnt matter for me as I wait for my 2nd TC to start building, only then I'll ship it and have it delivered at the 2nd/fwd TC.
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
TheRam
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by TheRam »

Chaos, I disagree fundamentally on the 2 vills counting point.
Also, this is exactly how my rush is timed:
1st shipment of Xbow ship, move foward.
Build 5 Musk from rax
6 Shipment of Muskets arrives JUST as second TC is built and come out of there immediately.
11 Musk 8 Xbow at my forward and I am willing to bet a lot of money that it's around the same time as yours, especially if you have to wait for your second shipment.
Also, that would infer that my strat is faster to attack, as I have my second shipment sooner and my massed army faster.
Check out my strat too, I think there's some hipocrasy here.
KingVint
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by KingVint »

Ehh, come on guys, please show some maturity on how you word the arguments.

Both ideas are great, and I am glad both of you posted them for the rest of us to utilize. I think the issue needs to be settled by a few more recorded fights to the death =)

Lastly, as you continue your discussion, voice your opinions on which might be most viable for the 2v2 tourney coming up.
deadhanddan
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by deadhanddan »

ports in any team is great ;) best bet IMHO for the tourney is 2 civs that can feed off of each other by both cards and complementing army units , example could be france with the great team cav + ranged infantry cards and brits/ports with team gunpowder / musket hp cards. so many possibilities the combinations can vary for so many strats its hard to pin it to just two civs. i'm curious to see what people do in this tourney , sure bet to see some new and intriguing ideas being used in the coming weeks.
- Dan
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

[quote=""deadhanddan""]ports in any team is great ;) best bet IMHO for the tourney is 2 civs that can feed off of each other by both cards and complementing army units , example could be france with the great team cav + ranged infantry cards and brits/ports with team gunpowder / musket hp cards. so many possibilities the combinations can vary for so many strats its hard to pin it to just two civs. i'm curious to see what people do in this tourney , sure bet to see some new and intriguing ideas being used in the coming weeks.[/quote]

If you want to win 2v2s, don't mess around. Just go Aztec/Iro :-P
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)
Tubruk
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Tubruk »

Chaos I Have Tried The Strategy, i Have beaten Players with Your P-10 aswell as Lost, but after the initial push i Felt That My Economy was starting to Be surpassed By My opponent, due to The fact they Receive economic shipments, either through villager cards, trickle cards or Banks.
another thing notice how there are multiple days between my first recent custom game on agecommunity statistics and the posting of your strat, theres no way i could of tested it out then could i?
Big lol at how you analysed my stats - I must be a real noob ;)

And saying that i twist words, when you lie to make yourself and/or your strat look good.
[quote=""I__CHAOS__I""]I haven't lost a single game with this strat yet[/quote]
Game Statistics

:oops: :roll:
deadhanddan
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by deadhanddan »

to be fair chaos didnt do the p10 in that game , the terrain around my town was such that a direct rush wouldn't have worked due to two very large natural obstacles surrounding 3/4ths my base, and in the last crucial battle battle command lag was doing both of us in , just i had luck on my side and 2 falcs popped out in nick of time
- Dan
cleeduz
Honorary Officer

Post by cleeduz »

Can we drop the back & forth on this please...

• Both Cammels & Chaos' strats show new potential for Ports
• Use whichever one you think works better for your playstyle
• Arguing and flaming makes us all look immature, no one comes here for that

Can we move it along, gentleman?
"Nature doesn't like Agra forts." - Sporting Lisbon

In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria. - Ben Franklin
Tubruk
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Tubruk »

10 vil age-up, and i thought the p-10 was flexible like chaos stated in his thread =/

anyway i agree with cleeduz on this one this is getting childish.
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

Btw I'd like to underline that new ports are ugly. Old schooners was too much <3 <3 <3 and musk upgrades in colonial are irrelevant for the xbow/pike players like me, which would mean that if I wanted to feel that boost I'd have to go musk/hus which isn't half as much fun. Caça and musk upgrades in fortress age are cool tho.
deaconferal
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
AOE3 Nickname: Deacon

Post by deaconferal »

[quote=""Sporting_Lisbon""]Btw I'd like to underline that new ports are ugly. Old schooners was too much <3 <3 <3 and musk upgrades in colonial are irrelevant for the xbow/pike players like me, which would mean that if I wanted to feel that boost I'd have to go musk/hus which isn't half as much fun. Caça and musk upgrades in fortress age are cool tho.[/quote]

Funny you say that, as soon as I saw what new ports would play like I remembered watching your VOD where you went crossbow/pike harassment and Schooners water and thought to myself, everyone elses ports may have gotten a boost but I think Sporting's got nerfed! ;)
Palehorse
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Palehorse »

Well, at least it is some cracking good discussion of game strategy. Now we need some VOD's.
LaZy
Honorary Officer

Post by LaZy »

^^ OP squizz sig pale

out
Palehorse
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Palehorse »

Thanks Lazy :D