You can talk about anything here

Moderator: Global Moderator

Highlander999
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

A Lucky Escape for me

Post by Highlander999 »

Well I had a lucky escape today.

I was playing football in the park with my mates (yes in the snow :-P ) when I got hit in the face and it shattered my contact lense into my eye. I got whisked of to casualty where they spent a painful half hour removing all the remaining bits. They said I'm lucky I didn't lose my sight in that eye. :o
RascalJones
N3O Member
N3O Member

Re: A Lucky Escape for me

Post by RascalJones »

ouch.

a new entry for my list of reasons to not get contacts.
BashUgood
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by BashUgood »

Ouch.

A new entry in my list of reasons not to play football.
djdan
N3O Member
N3O Member
Steam: SpanktheMonkey

Post by djdan »

Ouch don't sound good! Lol yeah I don't think ill be gettin contacts anytime soon!
From the OP maker of the OP Sigs, Cleeduz brings maybe some of his best work yet!
Macavity
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Macavity »

were they hard contacts? I wear soft contacts and can't imagine one shattering. I don't think hard contacts have been for sale since the 80's here in the States.
NEO_CrAz3n
Honorary Leader
Honorary Leader

Post by NEO_CrAz3n »

Jeez man, you are lucky. Change those over to soft contacts for God's sake!
"Please accept my resignation. I don't care to belong to any club that will have me as a member." -Groucho Marx

"Any strat that beats me is lame." -CrAz3n

"Quoting yourself is just as bad as speaking about yourself in the third-person." -CrAz3n
Highlander999
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Highlander999 »

That's the thing. They were soft contacts. At the hospital they think they must have been faulty as I only got them yesterday and they had been feeling a bit weird
Well I'm glad you're ok man. That's some scary stuff. I'd get reimbursed for that hospital time from the company. You could've been blinded for sure.
StrokeyBlofeld
Clan Leader
Clan Leader

Post by StrokeyBlofeld »

That's gotta hurt, but yeah, get soft lenses. Even better, "sports" lenses (although very expensive).
Navarone_Guy
Honorary Officer

Post by Navarone_Guy »

Once my brother stepped on my face while I was wearing glasses. Good thing the lenses are armor-plated!
Groovy.
LaZy
Honorary Officer

Post by LaZy »

Wow very strange. I have been using soft contacts for over two decades now. Ive done and redone most of the things your NOT allowed 2 do @ all with contacts ( especially whilst in Uni). however, Ive never NEVER "shattered" my contacts. The only way I can see that hapening is if your crazy enough 2: remove ur contacts from your eyes and let them dry overnight. Only that way will they dry and eventually become hard (brittle)enough 2 shatter. Then, somehow, you need 2 refit them back in again ( this will be an extremely painful procedure mind you). Then, and only then will you need to apply enough sudden pressure/force to literally shatter the contact lense. Somehow I can not c a football ( which is actually soft no matter how hard u kick it) able to apply enough pressure on a contact lense to be able to shatter it. It would need enough force to fracture ur skull in order to that.

This is my own humble opinion mind you and Im not a professional stunt man nor a crazy record breaker!