Laptops

Everything tech-related is discussed here

Moderator: Global Moderator

Highlander999
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Laptops

Post by Highlander999 »

Well I'm soon flying the nest, off to uni :D and was wondering apart from the obvious system requirements are there any laptops/programmes which won't run TAD as I'm getting a laptop and want to be able to play it
StrokeyBlofeld
Clan Leader
Clan Leader

Re: Laptops

Post by StrokeyBlofeld »

As long as your running a microsoft OS and the hardware is up to the job, you should be ok.
Highlander999
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Highlander999 »

Ok that's good to hear but what do you mean "a Microsof OS" Do you mean like XP? (I've never been too technical :oops: )
StrokeyBlofeld
Clan Leader
Clan Leader

Post by StrokeyBlofeld »

Yeah, XP or Vista. Don't know many people left running 95 or Millenium.
RascalJones
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by RascalJones »

Doesn't matter, AOE3 requires a minimum of Windows XP. My laptop with Vista runs AOE with no problems. It's not even a "gaming laptop".
Highlander999
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Highlander999 »

That's great to hear. Just means that I won't have to stop playing if I go to uni. What would be the best laptop to have for around £600?
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

I use laptop and it's ok, despite I have low RAM memory.
djdan
N3O Member
N3O Member
Steam: SpanktheMonkey

Post by djdan »

I'm probably gonna get blasted now saying this, but the HP Laptops at PC World have been going at a recent price, my cousin got one the other week as he's also going off to uni end of this year, I dunno the proper specs all i remember it was 17.5" had a decent NVidia 7600GT or something I think 2Ghz , not sure of Ram and cost him about £499 I think, I'll have a look
From the OP maker of the OP Sigs, Cleeduz brings maybe some of his best work yet!
StrokeyBlofeld
Clan Leader
Clan Leader

Post by StrokeyBlofeld »

e-buyer is pretty much the best place online to get computer stuff. They are doing some good laptops at the moment.
djdan
N3O Member
N3O Member
Steam: SpanktheMonkey

Post by djdan »

I think this is the laptop he bought(must have been on offer at the time he bought it) and does not say which graphics card is in it.
HP Laptop
From the OP maker of the OP Sigs, Cleeduz brings maybe some of his best work yet!
LaZy
Honorary Officer

Post by LaZy »

Just wanted 2 b sure, that on behalf of N30, we wish Highlander the best of luck and greatest possible success in his endeavour of leaving the nest".

On a personal note Highlander: neva 4get "...the higher u climb....the greater the fall...." With that in mind, I hope mommy and daddy gave u a decent pair of wings. They´ll b more then enough 4 u 2 do the most amazing acrobatic stunts this bird cage has eva seen, even with a laptop from Hewlard and Packard like DJDan says r good.

Best wishes
Highlander999
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Highlander999 »

[quote=""LaZy""]Just wanted 2 b sure, that on behalf of N30, we wish Highlander the best of luck and greatest possible success in his endeavour of leaving the nest".

On a personal note Highlander: neva 4get "...the higher u climb....the greater the fall...." With that in mind, I hope mommy and daddy gave u a decent pair of wings. They´ll b more then enough 4 u 2 do the most amazing acrobatic stunts this bird cage has eva seen, even with a laptop from Hewlard and Packard like DJDan says r good.

Best wishes[/quote]

Cheers mate for those really great words :D

I feel I should point out, I won't be leaving home till about September
rufio_eht
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by rufio_eht »

I bought a Dell refurbished desktop for about the equivalent of 150 pounds, came with dual core 2ghz amd proc, 1g ram, is more than enough to handle aoe3. Especially with such a good exchange rate you should check them out, they have refurbished laptops as you are looking for.
"Rock and roll is the hamburger that ate the world." --Peter York