UCAS

You can talk about anything here

Moderator: Global Moderator

Highlander999
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

UCAS

Post by Highlander999 »

I'm sorry to the non Brits here as they won't understand what I am meaning but to the Brits.:

I got an offer from UCAS to study Ancient History at Cardiff for a BBB at A Level.

I also got an offer from Aberdeen to study history at CCC.

I'm so pleased :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
kingchrisII
Colonel
Colonel

Re: UCAS

Post by kingchrisII »

I will be doing as next year, im english and have no idea what ur on aboout lol, please explain?!
Highlander999
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Highlander999 »

UCAS: Is the system you go through to gain entrance into university. You get 5 choics and have to write a Personal Statement and put all your grades on etc. Then you get either a rejection, conditional or unconditional. Conditional is like the uni saying

"hey get BBB at A Level and you can study here"

Unconditional is like

"hey we don't care what you get, come and study here anyway."

Hope that explains. I'm very excited at the moment so probably not making any sense. Ask any more question, and I'll explain it in more depth
kingchrisII
Colonel
Colonel

Post by kingchrisII »

oh thanks for clearing tht up highlander :)
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

congrats man!
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
BashUgood
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by BashUgood »

Congrats ... Ancient History is my Favorite...
djdan
N3O Member
N3O Member
Steam: SpanktheMonkey

Post by djdan »

Cool, you got any preferences in subjects of Ancient History or just in general?
And what are your predictions for your actual A2 grades?
Nice achievement BBB lol, i won't be achieving near that in mine, hopefully get a B/A in one of mine but rest gonna be C,E i reckon lol, which doesnt matter much as I'm not going uni.
From the OP maker of the OP Sigs, Cleeduz brings maybe some of his best work yet!
Highlander999
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Highlander999 »

I'm predicted BBB and probably the military side of Ancient History. I'm a lucky bugger as I don't revise but just cram the week before and always own through :-P

What are you going to be doing then?
djdan
N3O Member
N3O Member
Steam: SpanktheMonkey

Post by djdan »

Straight into work, hopefully as a trainee accountant or something, thats what I'd like to do, I just KNEW that no uni would accept an E grade lol and uni dont particularly help anyway to become an acocuntant, as you have to take certain accounting courses anyway to get a certain degree, and id rather do that at evening college and get work experience also than just go uni and be pennyless lol.
From the OP maker of the OP Sigs, Cleeduz brings maybe some of his best work yet!
KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by KingKaramazov »

I have no idea what the hell you are all talking about, but I'm assuming it's kind of the equivalent of SAT's, in which case -- good luck.
"Why are some people all grasshopper fiddlings, scrappings, all antennae shivering, one big ganglion eternally knotting, slip-knotting, square-knotting themselves? They stoke a furnace all their lives, sweat their lips, shine their ey
Highlander999
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Highlander999 »

Bloody hell your clever
LaZy
Honorary Officer

Post by LaZy »

Highlander999 Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:15 pm Post subject: UCAS

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I'm sorry to the non Brits here as they won't understand what I am meaning but to the Brits."

Highlander, Im very proud to let you know that I dont have any British blood in me what so ever and do actually understand rather well what your on about since I have 3 A-Levels and 10 IGCSE´s.

Congrats nonetheless
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Soccerman771 »

My English blood goes back to when my earliest known relatives landed in Virginia about 1510. (my German roots are much stronger, however as they came over in the boat about 1890 something). I don't have the slightest clue what he's talking about. Nonetheless, congrats. I hope it works out well for you.
jtackel@hotmail.com

"Do you know how difficult it is to micro Napalm?" - Lazy_Tuga

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
Highlander999
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Highlander999 »

HEY EVERYONE

Got another offer. ABB for Newcastle. SOOOOOOOOOO happy but this now severely limits my time on AOE3 as I have to work. Come June I'll be freeeeeeeeeeee
Highlander999
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Highlander999 »

Well I have completely changed my choice and am now going to Birmingham uni. They only want BBB yet their department is better. Means I can have more AOE3 time :D I'm really happy at the moment with life. :D :D :D :D :D