Different Website Templates / Views

You can talk about anything here

Moderator: Global Moderator

KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Different Website Templates / Views

Post by KingKaramazov »

It would be nice if we could get something besides the typical white. Any chance for this in the future?

I realize with BBCode sites like this one it takes some work to make the templates unfortunately. But I find the white a bit overwhelmingly bright.
"Why are some people all grasshopper fiddlings, scrappings, all antennae shivering, one big ganglion eternally knotting, slip-knotting, square-knotting themselves? They stoke a furnace all their lives, sweat their lips, shine their ey
Cyclohexane
Honorary Officer

Re: Different Website Templates / Views

Post by Cyclohexane »

I agree, a new skin would be nice. I got used to black...

EDIT: Right after I sent the message above, I got an error stating Flood Protection, I am not allowed to flood the forums and booted me for a few seconds. This is my second post...
Lead, Follow, or Get the Hell out of the way!

QUICK REFERENCE GUIDE & AOE3 TWC TAD UNIT COMPARISON:
AOE3 TWC TAD Quick Reference & AOE3 TWC TAD UNIT COMPARISON
Comadevil
Administrator
Administrator
AOE3 Nickname: Comadevil

Post by Comadevil »

I like the white, didn't like the black in the old forum. But old skin for old people would be nice for them, i guess :D
KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by KingKaramazov »

Doesn't have to be black necessarily. Even gray / silver would be better than the sheer white.
"Why are some people all grasshopper fiddlings, scrappings, all antennae shivering, one big ganglion eternally knotting, slip-knotting, square-knotting themselves? They stoke a furnace all their lives, sweat their lips, shine their ey
NEO_CrAz3n
Honorary Leader
Honorary Leader

Post by NEO_CrAz3n »

We may change skins when we find one we like a lot better. This one has a very clean look so it will do for a while. I don't think we'll ever get it to where everyone likes it. Some liked the blue and some didn't, we changed, some liked the black some didn't. We'll make changes, I'm sure.

After almost 7 years of black I was glad to see that go.
Last edited by NEO_CrAz3n on Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Please accept my resignation. I don't care to belong to any club that will have me as a member." -Groucho Marx

"Any strat that beats me is lame." -CrAz3n

"Quoting yourself is just as bad as speaking about yourself in the third-person." -CrAz3n
Comadevil
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Comadevil »

I don't thin that is what he means.
CMS provide usually the options that a user can choose from different skins, if this option is for the user enabled. So u provide different skins and the user chooses which to use
blayzer13
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by blayzer13 »

i miss the colors of peoples names depending on rank
KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by KingKaramazov »

Coma, exactly - we don't need to have just one, with CMS we can have options so the white lovers can have white, black lovers can have black, and so on.

:D
MNBob
Honorary Officer

Post by MNBob »

Allowing users to select different themes means that we have to provide multiple logos in order to fit in with the different color schemes.
RascalJones
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by RascalJones »

I think we should worry about functionality over fashion.

(of course, that's just a programmer's opinion)
RascalJones
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by RascalJones »

[quote=""Cyclohexane""]I agree, a new skin would be nice. I got used to black...

EDIT: Right after I sent the message above, I got an error stating Flood Protection, I am not allowed to flood the forums and booted me for a few seconds. This is my second post...[/quote]

Yeah, the flood protection seems really sensitive. I tried to delete 2 private messages, and when trying to delete the second one, I nearly got banned. It said "Warning, don't flood us. Try again in 8 seconds." Then gave me a llink that said "Go Back", so I clicked it. Got another flood message with a "Go Back" link that triggered another flood message.
KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by KingKaramazov »

Thank you for the two new options. I'm using the black atm and although it's not perfect it's better than austere eye-piercing white.
RascalJones
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by RascalJones »

FWIW, I like the black too.
Comadevil
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Comadevil »

Well i like the white more.

Yes and flood control is also too sensitive in my opinion. Just tried to open the new threads since last visits in different tabs in Firefox and suddenly there was the flood control
MNBob
Honorary Officer

Post by MNBob »

I haven't had any problems with flooding. We can turn it off but here is a quote at the dragonfly forums:
robojerk i like your idea and we will think about that but there are few post that explain why users get banned from the site: they have pre-fetchers installed on their browser and they don't even know about that. This is one of the main reason of why some website overload the server.

User does one click? then the pre-fetcher does at least one more to prefect other pages for a faster browsing experience or for their own statistics.

I prefer educating users then changing flooding settings.

However I've noticed that only on the first 2-3 days they have problems, then somehow they are fine. I had almost 20 users banned each day on the first 2-3 days, then only 2 each day.