bodet (aztecs) vs alanriah (iros)

Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

adeadmanrunning
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

bodet (aztecs) vs alanriah (iros)

Post by adeadmanrunning »

a very good game vs an old clan mate and a good friend of mine alanriah. he goes for a kenya tomo anenna combo while i go for a puma mace and coy strat. map was siberia. any help with my aztecs and or anything in particular would be great. help not civ specific would be nice so i might get out of ms.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"You can't say that civilization don't advance, however, for in every war they kill you in a new way."
Will Rogers

Alanriah
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: bodet (aztecs) vs alanriah (iros)

Post by Alanriah »

Yes, very good game. I got lucky catching your puma first though. Your army deffo beat mine. Played well.
Hydrovert5
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Hydrovert5 »

I'll download the game later and have a look. :)
adeadmanrunning
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by adeadmanrunning »

ahh thanks hydro would be very good. and any other aztec player could you give it a watch a good game also. if you are trying to learn aztecs watch this and the lt col strat i posted and maby the game with me vs indy brit and they will help you out alot a very good strat but his match up isnt good for me since it is a ms vs a captain with the two best civs. but a good game to learn both civs in.
"You can't say that civilization don't advance, however, for in every war they kill you in a new way."
Will Rogers

blayzer13
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by blayzer13 »

I'm going to add suggestions as I watch the game.

First off - starting crates, I set 3 vills to food crates 2 to hunts. Once the first food crate is done switch 2 of those 3 vills to 2 wood crates to get FP and a house. Make sure you explore/help explorer with WP until the FP is built.

Age with 17 vills it makes a difference.

Another thing, if your expecting cav like you were age up with the 2 SK poli, and put 14 vills on wood, build a wh asap. Once the wh is being build add vills to gold if your going strict puma at first. (This idea was done by drew the first time I saw it and it has worked well for me). If your not going puma transition wood vills to food (varying amounts depending on if your mace or coyote is your primary army initially) (also make sure you dont house yourself)

Another useful thing about the above mentioned thing is you can have your wh up sooner than using the travois and guarantee that your military shipments will come out there, and you can build units as soon as you age.

Another thing I noticed was your explorer was idle for a while when he could have been used to get the treasure sooner then scout our the opponents base to see if he was going cav or not. An additional note about your explorer is that your FP has a tech that doubles his exp boost that he gives. When your fighting treasure guardians make sure your "captured ones" get the last hit as your explorer doesn't receive his own exp boost (like on your map how nice would 45 exp tigers be compared to 15).

If your warrior priest is getting attacked he can garrison in your TC.

Another thing NEVER EVER EVER stop making vills unless the 100food would make a difference in winning.

Move your army as an army, I noticed you would advance 1 unit at a time and it caused your maces to get caught up in some cav where if you moved your pumas and maces at the same time it would have been less damaging to you.

Set your WH to a hotkey and learn what buttons the units are, he had a heavy archer army and you had 400f 200w which is a group of maces. In this situation I saw you made coyotes, you don't have to wait until you have the resources to queue all 5, go ahead and keep 1 unit queued at all times and pay attention to it to add more right before its made. (if you had done this your coyotes would have been out roughly 20 sec sooner).

Post-game thoughts.
He only came at you with like 10 cav, your 6 puma shipment and your 5 coyote shipment along with crated coyotes can deal with this fine.
Maces and coyotes are your friend, when the battle started you had like 500 extra gold that was never used, try and think less on full puma unless you know hes going heavy cav. (the large army of aennas should have given away that he wasn't). At some point I can try and get a game with you so you can see how I use Aztecs or Drew is very good with them as well (I learned them mostly by watching him).