Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

James246
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Site News - Robot Entertainment Press Release

Post by James246 »

[quote=""RobotEntertainment""]Quoted from Robot Entertainment:
Founders of Ensemble Studios Announce Formation of Robot Entertainment

PLANO, Texas - February 17, 2009 - Robot Entertainment announced today the formation of its new game development studio in Plano, Texas. Founded by many of the original founders of Ensemble Studios, Robot has a staff of 45 comprised entirely of former Ensemble employees. Robot’s team developed the hit franchise Age of Empires™, selling over 20 million units worldwide, and the soon-to-be released Halo Wars for Xbox 360™. Tony Goodman, the founder of Ensemble, is the CEO of Robot.

"The video game industry is in a state of upheaval,” said Mr. Goodman, “not just games, but the entire landscape. Everything is changing: where we buy games, how we buy games, how much we pay, how long we play, who we play them with. As a fast-moving independent team of game developers, industry leaders and market experts, Robot Entertainment is ideally positioned to play a transformative role in the industry’s future."

Robot Entertainment is working with Microsoft Game Studios to develop additional content for Halo Wars and support online gaming and community for both Age of Empires and Halo Wars. Additionally, Robot is developing its own original IP. [/quote]

Hope they make the FP's official!
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Re: Site News - Robot Entertainment Press Release

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

that would be great - just hope it won't take forever...
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
djdan
N3O Member
N3O Member
Steam: SpanktheMonkey

Post by djdan »

This is great new, but +1 to Chaos I hope they dont take forever on it, they do seem pretty quick with announcements though, ie the announcement of the company and now theyre straight in with this.

And how much will they dedicate to these 2 games, i feel that they will push the priorities of these 2 down the list if they get any of their own developments/games going.
From the OP maker of the OP Sigs, Cleeduz brings maybe some of his best work yet!
StrokeyBlofeld
Clan Leader
Clan Leader

Post by StrokeyBlofeld »

I think to start with they will be very quick with announcements and promises, they are a new company and want to keep interest/hype up. Whether they deliver or not and how long it takes is another story all together.
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

"They plan on developing their own IP..." that could mean anything. Any thoughts?
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)
StrokeyBlofeld
Clan Leader
Clan Leader

Post by StrokeyBlofeld »

[quote=""Kaiser_von_Nuben""]"They plan on developing their own IP..." that could mean anything. Any thoughts?[/quote]

I think they will make a re-release of pac-man. :roll:
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

i heard from another sources that the es mods(or the new staff now) still read the emails they receive from age3abuse@ blablabla

i get the impression they won't make this game die, with further support and banning :-)
James246
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by James246 »

Let's hope so!
cleeduz
Honorary Officer

Post by cleeduz »

[quote=""Aaryn_GenD""]i heard from another sources that the es mods(or the new staff now) still read the emails they receive from age3abuse@ blablabla

i get the impression they won't make this game die, with further support and banning :-)[/quote]

Weird, I've e-mailed age3abuse several times about different issues with players/cheating, nothing was ever done and none of my e-mails were ever returned or answered in any way shape or form... :roll:
"Nature doesn't like Agra forts." - Sporting Lisbon

In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria. - Ben Franklin
blayzer13
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by blayzer13 »

If the players wont even give up on a game how can the creators, the parents of the game give up on it and leave it behind
deadhanddan
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by deadhanddan »

[quote=""cleeduz""][quote=""Aaryn_GenD""]i heard from another sources that the es mods(or the new staff now) still read the emails they receive from age3abuse@ blablabla

i get the impression they won't make this game die, with further support and banning :-)[/quote]

Weird, I've e-mailed age3abuse several times about different issues with players/cheating, nothing was ever done and none of my e-mails were ever returned or answered in any way shape or form... :roll:[/quote] could be all the transitioning that their undergoing that may be the reason for nothing happening in regards to abuse complaints and numerous other issues, i know lethe is still on agecom forums but hasn't banned anyone as of yet, i say give it some more time and we will know what the future of aoe will be ;)
- Dan