bodet v indybrit

Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

adeadmanrunning
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

bodet v indybrit

Post by adeadmanrunning »

a clan league game. just hoping for some help with my Aztecs. not sure how bad i did or how well. a very good game he played it well even though after i attacked he was hurt pretty bad. just want to know if i could have done anything better or different.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"You can't say that civilization don't advance, however, for in every war they kill you in a new way."
Will Rogers

Hydrovert5
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Re: bodet v indybrit

Post by Hydrovert5 »

Ok I watched the game as I promised and I'll give you a few pointers, having being experienced with Aztecs myself.

1. As soon as you see that hunt not so far from your base, go herd it with one villager. The hunts can be herded every 12 seconds, or thereabouts. Don't keep tabs on the exact time but occaisonally have your villager shoot a bison towards your town centre.

2. When a shipment is about to arrive, choose your deck and repeatedly click the shipment you're going to send. This is paramount for your first few cards, as 5 seconds really affects your age time regarding villagers.

3. When your firepit was built, your WP was nowhere to be seen. As it's being built, have your WP stand right next to it ready to start dancing. (The best dance in my opinion is the EXP dance early on.)

4. While you were deep in IndyBrit's base, you had excess food that could have been spent making villagers. Even when you're in the heat of a battle, don't forget to hit T and V here and there. It bolsters your economy more than you think.

5. Don't run coyote runners into musketeers whatever you do. Only do that when you got plenty of anti-HI there to back them up. Musketeers have a bonus vs coyote runners, remember.

6. Don't destroy British houses. If he had maxed houses, you were only helping his boom, seeing as Brits get free villagers with every house built... Don't help him get back up after you've crippled him.

7. At one point in the game, you had a spare shipment and could have shipped 700 food to age up and upgrade your men. If your attacks are failing, and you can spare the resources, try to age up and maybe erect another TC.

8. You had 3 TPs with a decent resource shipment. You needed food since you were mainly making coyotes. Instead of balancing the TPs on food wood and coin, try adjusting them to what you need most.

9. Your age 3 deck was filled mainly with unit shipments. That's all well and good but try to balance economy cards in there, too. Without a decent, well-carded economy, you won't be able to replace your ranks very fast.

10. I have to congratulate you on your excellant use of your firepit in the later stage of the game. When you're booming, switch to fertility dance, when you're attacking, switch to the war dance.

11. The "Knight Attack" card does not increase coyote runner/macehualtin/puma spearman attack. Aztec Knights are units that you find in your Noble Hut. Keep that in mind. :)

You asked for feedback, and you got it. :)

Keep it up my friend. If you need an alternative strategy, try my Aztec rush. - http://aoe3clan.com/index.php?name=Foru ... pic&t=1567
KingVint
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: bodet v indybrit

Post by KingVint »

GJ on the win. Indy had me scared there for a bit with that huge mass of lbows he had. My only recommendation would be to scout more. Scout around the enemy's base before attacking (locate his hunts and keep him off them) and also scout more of the map (it is always good to know where hunts and resources are incase the game goes late. GJ again,

-Vint