N3O clan rank going up!

General Discussion about Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

36drew
Honorary Officer

Re: N3O clan rank going up!

Post by 36drew »

[quote=""Navarone_Guy""]Sporting, I hope to maintain my rank and avoid rated games because I am hoping to shoot for colonel or brigadier after the patch. (Wishful thinking, of course)[/quote]

I really do hope you reach those ranks. It would be a pleasure to play with someone so skilled. And realitsically, I think that you can reach those... me on the other hand... I think my luck has run dry and i've stalled out bigtime.
Macavity
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Macavity »

Paaaleaseeee 36Drew. You are so much better than me. It's all a matter of timing and luck to get that good, of which I am sure you can excell at.
---I am just a level 18 Mstr Sergeant w/India and I am creeping up all the time. If I can creep up the ratings w/India you all can get way better with the better powered civs.
KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by KingKaramazov »

I wonder if I started playing against frequently and lamed China non-stop, if it would affect our rank....

:P
"Why are some people all grasshopper fiddlings, scrappings, all antennae shivering, one big ganglion eternally knotting, slip-knotting, square-knotting themselves? They stoke a furnace all their lives, sweat their lips, shine their ey
NEO_CrAz3n
Honorary Leader
Honorary Leader

Post by NEO_CrAz3n »

The top 100 isn't even bad considering there are 3620 participants.

I checked it the day before yesterday and we were at 36. I checked it just now and we're at 30. As long as we're in the top 100 I'm happy.
"Please accept my resignation. I don't care to belong to any club that will have me as a member." -Groucho Marx

"Any strat that beats me is lame." -CrAz3n

"Quoting yourself is just as bad as speaking about yourself in the third-person." -CrAz3n
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

I really do hope you reach those ranks. It would be a pleasure to play with someone so skilled. And realitsically, I think that you can reach those... me on the other hand... I think my luck has run dry and i've stalled out bigtime.
I think you always have some space to learn, you make it sound depressive ^^
KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by KingKaramazov »

Happens to the best of us.

Just lame for a while Drew, it'll cheer you up, I promise :D
"Why are some people all grasshopper fiddlings, scrappings, all antennae shivering, one big ganglion eternally knotting, slip-knotting, square-knotting themselves? They stoke a furnace all their lives, sweat their lips, shine their ey
ZoRPrimE
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by ZoRPrimE »

[quote=""KingKaramazov""]I wonder if I started playing against frequently and lamed China non-stop, if it would affect our rank....

:P[/quote]

I'm definately finding China less lameable than 3 weeks ago. But, I never did you beat you King Kara. You always seemed to have my number!
"It is by will alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, the stains become a warning. It is by will alone I set my mind
kingchrisII
Colonel
Colonel

Post by kingchrisII »

ill laugh when some people drop a pr level or 2 when they cant lame china anymore......but there are some players who are probs a good 3-4 levels above their standard cos they play whatever civ is deemed as most lame
KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by KingKaramazov »

3-4 levels too high is a very conservative estimate, kingchris...i would imagine that some people might be as much as 5 or 6 PR higher than they should be if they do nothing but disciple FF.

I'd be unsurprised if I could reach Nav's PR if I did that, just played rated non-stop and did all disciple FF's.
severebeating
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by severebeating »

[quote=""Macavity""]---Any one notice in the last 10 days that N3O went from 50th to 33rd on the clan sumpremacy board?

Heres our stats as a clan as of this morning

rank---clan----name---------------------rating-----avg. rating---wins----losses
33------N3O---AOEIII for NEO Clan----------187.8------1611.2---------1704----1646
[/quote]

The truly amazing part is that I have been playing a lot over this period. :)

Somebody has really been playing lights out!!!
Navarone_Guy
Honorary Officer

Post by Navarone_Guy »

Thanks Drew. You, however, are almost able to beat me consistently using mediocre civs vs. my mediocre civs, and 1v1 is definitely my forte. You are by NO means bad. Once the patch comes around, I'm sure we'll both improve.
Groovy.
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

imho, drew has more skills, but nav has the better knowledge and knows his civs really well, both can still go up in rank I'm sure ! GL guys
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
Cyclohexane
Honorary Officer

Post by Cyclohexane »

[quote=""I__CHAOS__I""]imho, drew has more skills, but nav has the better knowledge and knows his civs really well, both can still go up in rank I'm sure ! GL guys[/quote]

Unfortunately, knowledge only gets you to about the lieutenant level...
Lead, Follow, or Get the Hell out of the way!

QUICK REFERENCE GUIDE & AOE3 TWC TAD UNIT COMPARISON:
AOE3 TWC TAD Quick Reference & AOE3 TWC TAD UNIT COMPARISON
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

Practice gets you even higher, that's for sure ^^
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

[quote=""Cyclohexane""][quote=""I__CHAOS__I""]imho, drew has more skills, but nav has the better knowledge and knows his civs really well, both can still go up in rank I'm sure ! GL guys[/quote]

Unfortunately, knowledge only gets you to about the lieutenant level...[/quote]

knowledge only gets you nowhere ;)
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle