Fanpatch 1.1 Discussion

General Discussion about Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

rufio_eht
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Re: Fanpatch 1.1 Discussion

Post by rufio_eht »

[quote=""KingVint""]Ooh, a boost to the french. Quicker shipments and finally their late game cav is getting balanced :)[/quote]

What are they increasing attack or plus one or two to splash area damage?
"Rock and roll is the hamburger that ate the world." --Peter York
deaconferal
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
AOE3 Nickname: Deacon

Post by deaconferal »

I think new maps is a really nice idea. Hopefully some more people will actually get these patches though, it feels like N3O is in its own little vacuum right now... not that its a bad thing. :-P
cheesehat

Post by cheesehat »

I think they nerfed Germany shipments too much, the +2 uhlans and the 9xbow shipment made up for Germany slower start as they could pump military out faster. Now its just total bullcrap that they decide to nerf German shipments as that pretty much makes the civilisation somewhat pointless
deadhanddan
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by deadhanddan »

[quote=""cheesehat""]I think they nerfed Germany shipments too much, the +2 uhlans and the 9xbow shipment made up for Germany slower start as they could pump military out faster. Now its just total bullcrap that they decide to nerf German shipments as that pretty much makes the civilisation somewhat pointless[/quote] how so? 9 bows changed to 8, barely a nerf, 3 sw now minus 2 uhlans, barely a nerf (card is worth 6 villagers, and thus germany only civ that has a ''6'' villager shipment )and now thier getting 25% extra coin from mines, if your that desperate for early uhlans send the 8 bow, 2 sw, or 5 uhlan card first
- Dan
Hydrovert5
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Hydrovert5 »

I think the Germany nerfs are not really damaging to be honest. The fact that people forget is that it is relatively easy to get a RI/HC mass early game with them. The same can not be said with any any civ except Aztecs/Chinese.
Last edited by Hydrovert5 on Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

[quote=""cheesehat""]I think they nerfed Germany shipments too much, the +2 uhlans and the 9xbow shipment made up for Germany slower start as they could pump military out faster. Now its just total bullcrap that they decide to nerf German shipments as that pretty much makes the civilisation somewhat pointless[/quote]

no, those nerfs were needed, germans are very strong atm.
What is this slower start you're talking about? German's early game is one of the best, and still will be after the minor nerfs.
3SW + 2 uhlans was one of the best shipments in the game, half a military shipment and 6 vils ... glad they fixed it.
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
Hydrovert5
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Hydrovert5 »

[quote=""deaconferal""]it feels like N3O is in its own little vacuum right now... not that its a bad thing. :-P[/quote]

Yeah but it's annoying when you have to switch versions to have a decent rated game now. Then you have to switch again if you want to play a clan game. (I prefer the FP) They should make the FP mandatory, but that would mean buying out ESO...
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

N3O vacuum will conquer the whole ESO!
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

[quote=""I__CHAOS__I""]
no, those nerfs were needed, germans are very strong atm.
What is this slower start you're talking about? German's early game is one of the best, and still will be after the minor nerfs.
3SW + 2 uhlans was one of the best shipments in the game, half a military shipment and 6 vils ... glad they fixed it.[/quote]

since germany and india get "units" with their shipments, they got a shipment penalty of like 8% or so :?
plus, germanys sw have a slower start, because they bump into each other a lot more than settlers and every walking time with them is 2 idle villagers
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Germans got 10% penalty, India got 8%.

Now, I think germans got a super 4 vill card in discovery age, don't they :) And a 6 vill card in colonial. There you go, better shipments.

And next patch sw will take less coin from mines, which means starting with 3 sw is better than 6 settlers, not worse.

Also, all vills have to walk, even if they're two or just one.

I'm not going to enter the chapter where 4 sw can build an outpost whereas other civs can only have 4 vills doing it and they expend less wood on mills and plantations.

Conclusion: don't underrate having settler wagons :D
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

[quote=""Sporting_Lisbon""]Germans got 10% penalty, India got 8%.

Now, I think germans got a super 4 vill card in discovery age, don't they :) And a 6 vill card in colonial. There you go, better shipments.

And next patch sw will take less coin from mines, which means starting with 3 sw is better than 6 settlers, not worse.

Also, all vills have to walk, even if they're two or just one.

I'm not going to enter the chapter where 4 sw can build an outpost whereas other civs can only have 4 vills doing it and they expend less wood on mills and plantations.

Conclusion: don't underrate having settler wagons :D[/quote]

I agree. Losing the 2 free uhlans with the 3 SW card won't be bad. I find that card best when playing against Russia, since I can get an economic edge while massing cav from an early stable. Now, I will send 8 xbow instead, mass cav, then send in the 3 SW after sending the 5 uhlan card. The German econ will still be better than Russia, and you will still have all the uhlans you need to pwn the Russians' early mass.

In other cases, I send the 3 SW card first just to boom. The 2 uhlans are nice for harassment, but losing them won't ruin my colonial strategy. I also agree that the coin-gather boost will really help Germany in team games, or 1v1 uhlan spams.

Basically, Germany won't be badly nerfed with these changes.

I think Brits will be formidable with the upped LB's. Now Yumis won't be THAT much better than LB's. They will still be better (ie, much better base attack with upgrades), but the 1.5X HI modifier will help the Brits hold off musket rushes much better, plus late-game they will be solid against HI, too (24 attack in colonial; 30 in fortress; 39 in industrial; 52 in imperial).
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

I think yumis are still about to get a nerf next patch, so don't worry.
Hydrovert5
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Hydrovert5 »

In my opinion, British longbows fair well against musketeers. You just have to utilize their range and RR, with some kinda meatshield. I think primarily the longbow nerf is to reduce their effectiveness against HC.

But if that was the case, I'd simply adjust the damage modifier that longbows get against HC, but only apply that to longbows, seeing as it's their RoF that makes them powerful.

But that's just my opinion.
luukje
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by luukje »

How is ESO these days?
Is it easy to get a game with the fan patch?
Does N3o use the fan patch?
danno527
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by danno527 »

Good 2k or more in the evenings EST
Depending on your rank PR25+ ya, less than that not so much
Yes all of us use it.

Get back on it. It is fun playing a balanced game.