Ransack

Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Ransack

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

does anybody knows if Ransack also affects Petards?
that would be one big boom! :twisted:
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
RascalJones
N3O Member
N3O Member

Re: Ransack

Post by RascalJones »

I wouldn't know why not.

From Bob's lists.

Age 3Level 25ship once
Prerequisite tech = HCShipHalberdiersRussian3
Infantry attack versus buildings increased.
AbstractInfantry BuildingAttack +50%

Veteran xpPetard
Unit Types: HandSiege, SiegeTrooper, Infantry

2400 siege damage petards. 8O 8O

Just think, Ransack USED to be a Team Card, IIRC.
Cyclohexane
Honorary Officer

Post by Cyclohexane »

I know the infantry reduction train time cards work on petards so I am pretty certain this card will to. Not being a Russian player, I have never tested it but I would place money that it did work. That’s 2400 damage in fortress and 2800 in industrial. With town centers only having 6500 HP now, it would only take 3 to kill a TC in fortress (or Industrial). I wonder if some type of Russian FF strategy could be built around this. Maybe not in a 1v1 but certainly in a team game, instant high damage petards...

Perhaps combine this with my >Spanish / Russian Missionary sling< for a clean up crew. Good catch.
Lead, Follow, or Get the Hell out of the way!

QUICK REFERENCE GUIDE & AOE3 TWC TAD UNIT COMPARISON:
AOE3 TWC TAD Quick Reference & AOE3 TWC TAD UNIT COMPARISON
RascalJones
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by RascalJones »

Have you actually gotten to use that strat yet, cyclo?
Cyclohexane
Honorary Officer

Post by Cyclohexane »

^
I've been playing Japan and trying to make them work so the answer is no. Japan seems to be a hopeless matchup against China, which is what 2/3 of the QS players use. I may go to Spain soon once I realize a patch is not coming anytime soon.

EDIT: I have used the strat, just not much. It works great and is very powerful with the modifications I made.
Lead, Follow, or Get the Hell out of the way!

QUICK REFERENCE GUIDE & AOE3 TWC TAD UNIT COMPARISON:
AOE3 TWC TAD Quick Reference & AOE3 TWC TAD UNIT COMPARISON
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

I've been playing Japan and trying to make them work so the answer is no. Japan seems to be a hopeless matchup against China, which is what 2/3 of the QS players use.
Dutch is the hopeless matchup for me as japs, not China. As soon as you get cav China is easier to beat, altho it is still hard, Dutch is way, way worse.
plop627
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by plop627 »

petards do get a boost with ransack. Gotta love 2400 siege in fort
36drew
Honorary Officer

Post by 36drew »

[quote=""Sporting_Lisbon""]
I've been playing Japan and trying to make them work so the answer is no. Japan seems to be a hopeless matchup against China, which is what 2/3 of the QS players use.
Dutch is the hopeless matchup for me as japs, not China. As soon as you get cav China is easier to beat, altho it is still hard, Dutch is way, way worse.[/quote]

For me, I would agree with this statement if we were to say heavy cav. Hehe. Those pikes can still do a number on LC.
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

I did mean heavy cav :P

btw Yabusames are a very special LC unit, I wouldn't just spam them against cavalry since Ashis do the job better. Yet, they are an amazing high-speed/fewer range culverin, 4 yabusames from card kill a f a l c in 2 hits IIRC
Last edited by Sporting_Lisbon on Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Soccerman771 »

This thread was very helpful. I played a game last night my Russia vs his Japanese. He was spamming Ashi's all game long with upgrades. I had total map control and he was basically turtling as he pushed to me but didn't attack my TC directly. I was able to turn it back to his base and distracted him on one side of his base (pulled his whole army to fight my 50 or so strelets that were taking down his shrines), and snuck in 5 petards with 20 strelets and 5 opricks after ransack had been played. Took out his TC and rax in 10 seconds...he said GG after that.

Why is it I always record the games where I suck, but never the games where I play good?
jtackel@hotmail.com

"Do you know how difficult it is to micro Napalm?" - Lazy_Tuga

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
NEO_CrAz3n
Honorary Leader
Honorary Leader

Post by NEO_CrAz3n »

Because you copy everything I do because I'm your hero.

I do the same thing and it never ceases to surprise me. It ticks me off but doesn't surprise me.
"Please accept my resignation. I don't care to belong to any club that will have me as a member." -Groucho Marx

"Any strat that beats me is lame." -CrAz3n

"Quoting yourself is just as bad as speaking about yourself in the third-person." -CrAz3n