Handling Ranged Infantry

Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

TheRam
N3O Member
N3O Member

Re: Handling Ranged Infantry

Post by TheRam »

[quote=""Aaryn_GenD""]yes it's true what sporting and cammel says, what i mean is when you're especially fast with the mouse, individually micro>all

btw, attack move is frowned upon[/quote]
frowned upon by who?
+ no-one can individually micro troops effectively in big battles.
Prioritising between troops with drag is fine, but trying to micro your guys to deal damage, not under-damage or over-kill is generally a fruitless waste of time.
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

i agree on everything you say cammel.

frowned upon by.. dunno people who excell at it i guess?

i don't want to sound swanky but i find myself quite fast at micro and it is achievable to not over or underkill in general, i don't say that everything must be perfectly thought through and adjusted(which is impossible)

one of parfaits old VODs:
http://raghavus.blip.tv/file/1165297/

also he didn't turn that 100% nontransparent tooltip off which i switched off, it's annoying :roll:
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

You should read some of H2O's tips at agesanc where he says to attack move first and drag boxes after 24/7, he kicked Parfait from USA WCG
hallchr

Post by hallchr »

Since H2O wrote them they are automatically jerky so you don't want to learn those, even if it means learning from grunt lol.
TheRam
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by TheRam »

Aaryn_ I understand what you're saying, and I don't mean to sound swanky either but I am actually quite good at micro, and I'm aware that in practice Attack Move is better, now if you're lagging or constantly mess up using your attack move and just run at your opponents by accident then okay, it might be better to drag - but why use a system where constant micro = much higher chance for mistake where you could use one where you hit all the nearest troops to yours, and providing you do some "attack-move micro" the results are far greater.
+1 to Sporting.
If you've ever used abus for example you'd know how much more beneficial attack move is, when microing your jannis/hussar or whatever to cover them - and that's not civ specific, just a good example that I was hoping sporting could relate to ;)
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

[quote=""Sporting_Lisbon""]You should read some of H2O's tips at agesanc where he says to attack move first and drag boxes after 24/7, he kicked Parfait from USA WCG[/quote]

argh don't say that parfait>h2o
parfait is the best :-P he was just unlucky that h2o is from the US too and so only one of them went to our country for the final
then that wateramn got this treasure and won wcg..

in august last year i saw that rtsbroadcast of h2o, i forgot how he did that.
i heard something of skirms in Stagger mode stay in a line when moved, but not when they are in volley, so in this case attack move rocks.

it is just messy, if my units attack 2 volleys and none of the other guys infantry is down :( but i think i already ranted about that lol

but ye i get your point cammel, lets stop arguing here, it's of no avail :-P
KingVint
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by KingVint »

This topic is informative; and I am still learning on how to micro my high damage, low HP Chuks (chinese xbows) properly, so thanks for the links. Thank you.

-Vint