N3O Officer

Re: Most annoying aspect of TAD:India

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

The ''ahhhhh'' or ''ohhhhhhhh'' from the explorer is more annoying imo
Navarone_Guy
Honorary Officer

Post by Navarone_Guy »

I actually think the Indian voices sound cool.
Groovy.
ZoRPrimE
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by ZoRPrimE »

[quote=""Sporting_Lisbon""]The ''ahhhhh'' or ''ohhhhhhhh'' from the explorer is more annoying imo[/quote]

I gotta agree it's a little overly emphatic makes you think when you click on them the Elephants going to be 'doing it's business.'
"It is by will alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, the stains become a warning. It is by will alone I set my mind
KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by KingKaramazov »

The Indian female villager always sounds like she's playfully laughing at me when she talks. They just don't sound serious.

Oh, and the Indian explorers sound like they are getting a very good massage or else about to...well...mess their underpants, if you catch my drift....

"Hunhhhh" "Hunhhhhhh"
"Why are some people all grasshopper fiddlings, scrappings, all antennae shivering, one big ganglion eternally knotting, slip-knotting, square-knotting themselves? They stoke a furnace all their lives, sweat their lips, shine their ey
NEO_CrAz3n
Honorary Leader
Honorary Leader

Post by NEO_CrAz3n »

Macan-banani-wana

LOL
"Please accept my resignation. I don't care to belong to any club that will have me as a member." -Groucho Marx

"Any strat that beats me is lame." -CrAz3n

"Quoting yourself is just as bad as speaking about yourself in the third-person." -CrAz3n
MizzKid92
Conscript
Conscript

Post by MizzKid92 »

Lmao that was cool at first, but Ill agree it is VERY annoying now. Good thing I don't play Indians.
Roger_The_Rogue
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by Roger_The_Rogue »

Well, you are all lucky to be able to hear any sounds. I am deaf and I always wonder what sounds the games make. :roll:

Anyway just be happy that you are able to hear - doesn't matter if the same sounds play over and over.

Mooi bly.
RascalJones
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by RascalJones »

[quote=""Roger_The_Rogue""]Well, you are all lucky to be able to hear any sounds. I am deaf and I always wonder what sounds the games make. :roll:

Anyway just be happy that you are able to hear - doesn't matter if the same sounds play over and over.

Mooi bly.[/quote]

This is true. Some things we take for granted. I never considered that aspect.

Thanks.

PS. What is Mooi bly?
36drew
Honorary Officer

Post by 36drew »

[quote=""Roger_The_Rogue""]Well, you are all lucky to be able to hear any sounds. I am deaf and I always wonder what sounds the games make. :roll:

Mooi bly.[/quote]

Wow Roger. I did not know that. It's pretty cool that you still game though. 8)
Roger_The_Rogue
N3O Member
N3O Member

[quote=""RascalJones""]PS. What is Mooi bly?[/quote]

It is Afrikaans for 'keep well'. :)

Have a lekker (lovely/nice) day. :D

Mooi bly.
RascalJones
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by RascalJones »

[quote=""Roger_The_Rogue""][quote=""RascalJones""]PS. What is Mooi bly?[/quote]

It is Afrikaans for 'keep well'. :)

Have a lekker (lovely/nice) day. :D

Mooi bly.[/quote]

Cool. Thanks. You too.

What cool things you learn from people you meet online.

OK, now this might come off as a weird question, but, I always wondered what it was like to read when deaf. As a child, when we're taught to read, we're taught to "sound out" the words - practice saying the sounds out loud so we can hear what words/letters/combinations sound like, and then later when we read, the words still have a "sound" to them inside our heads. If you can't hear the sounds of letters/combinations to sound out the words, is learning to read a more difficult thing? I'm only asking because I'm curious, and this is actually something I thought of within the past year or so, and always wondered. Didn't know anyone that was deaf to ask them.
Highlander999
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Highlander999 »

If you don't mind if I ask, how long have you been deaf for? Lord, that makes me appreciate things now
Roger_The_Rogue
N3O Member
N3O Member

[quote=""RascalJones""]OK, now this might come off as a weird question, but, I always wondered what it was like to read when deaf. As a child, when we're taught to read, we're taught to "sound out" the words - practice saying the sounds out loud so we can hear what words/letters/combinations sound like, and then later when we read, the words still have a "sound" to them inside our heads. If you can't hear the sounds of letters/combinations to sound out the words, is learning to read a more difficult thing? I'm only asking because I'm curious, and this is actually something I thought of within the past year or so, and always wondered. Didn't know anyone that was deaf to ask them.[/quote]

This is not a weird question (it is a normal one) and you are not the first hearing person to ask that. :D Lots of other people esp. people in my workplace ask me those kind of questions many times as they do not know the deaf people and their culture.

First things first - I was born hearing like all of you. However at age of one and half I got mengitius which almost killed me. Praise the Lord for He has great mercy on my parents and spared m from death. I got better but I became totally deaf - I couldn't hear anything at all. Because I became deaf at a very young age, I have no recollection of hearing any sounds. Well, that is life and I am very happy despite my disability.

Yes, learning to read is very difficult because of lack of the sounds as you mentioned. That is why the deaf children have slower start in education. Some of them couldn't complete schools and have to look for hand labour or basic office jobs. Luckliy I am not one of them - I've complete my matric with exemption and also obtained a bachelor degree from university. :D

Drew, anyone except blind / mentally disabled people can play games. There is nothing amazing about that. There is only one thing I can't do, is to hear. All I have to do, is keep an eye on mini-map so that I can see if the enemy is coming. :) I am used to doing this from playing Starcraft for 7 years! 8O

Phew, enough about my life. :) Hope that I've answered your questions.

Mooi bly.