You can talk about anything here

Moderator: Global Moderator

GreenDude
Captain
Captain

For College Football Fans

Post by GreenDude »

I found this article on Yahoo and couldn't believe it at first
To give the background, Utah a team in a non-automatic BCS bid conference was the only team to go 13-0. However, they did not get an invite to the National Championship. In there bowl game, they whipped No.4 Alabama 37-17. Now apparently, they got to the Utah Attorney General who is now investigating that the BCS may violate antitrust laws 8O . Good luck and I hope that you make a playoff system Mr.Shurtleff.
Read about it at: http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/n ... &type=lgns
RascalJones
N3O Member
N3O Member

Re: For College Football Fans

Post by RascalJones »

Please. It'll go nowhere.

Gotta say, though, Utah's conference, the Mountain West Conference, is the best non-BC$ conference in college football. Utah, BYU, TCU, Nevada....all good teams.
hallchr

Post by hallchr »

...Anti Mormons...
Nighthawk22
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by Nighthawk22 »

I figured it was just because they figured utah played teams that apparently weren't decent. That was kind of the case with USC not getting a chance at the National Championship too.
GreenDude
Captain
Captain

Post by GreenDude »

[quote=""hallchr""]...Anti Mormons...[/quote]
lol :D nice one.

[quote=""Nighthawk22""]I figured it was just because they figured utah played teams that apparently weren't decent. That was kind of the case with USC not getting a chance at the National Championship too.[/quote]

Yeah, I was going to say USC deserves a shot at the title.
I am a Golden Bears fan (Cal) so I resent East Coast Media for saying the PAC-10 is weak. It went 5-0 in the bowl games which is no small feat.

BTW: Nighthawk22, you're for those Golden Gophers. I like the name ;) Golden Gophers :: Golden Bears
We both all Gold :D
Nighthawk22
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by Nighthawk22 »

yeah MN had a huge improvement this year, they were 1-11 last year and this year started 7-1 ranked 17. Then they lost to Northwestern and it all went downhill to lose all our rivalry games and finish the season with a like 54-0 loss to Iowa. (Im from Iowa and i get a lot of crap from my friends).
dragonshinobi
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by dragonshinobi »

TBH i have no idea what that means ::/
KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by KingKaramazov »

The BCS is stupid, even if Florida is the best team in the country. They should have to prove it.

Most people believed that the Patriots were guaranteed to beat the Giants last year in the Superbowl, yet the Patriots lost and the Giants got to carry the mantle of "best team in the nation" last year. What if we had said, "Oh, the Patriots have a better record and better stats, they'd surely win against the Giants, there's no point in playing the Superbowl, they already beat the second best team to get here (the Colts)." Then we'd have never seen the Patriots play like fools and lose to the Giants (sense my bitterness?).

Is it fair to do the same thing with Florida vs Utah (not to mention USC / Texas etc)?
"Why are some people all grasshopper fiddlings, scrappings, all antennae shivering, one big ganglion eternally knotting, slip-knotting, square-knotting themselves? They stoke a furnace all their lives, sweat their lips, shine their ey