Whats the world come 2???

You can talk about anything here

Moderator: Global Moderator

LaZy
Honorary Officer

Whats the world come 2???

Post by LaZy »

I am shocked to find that after the historical lunch regarding the president elect, the current US president and all living former presidents, my good friends and resident US political analysts ( u know who u r!) havent commented a single word.

Whats the world come 2.

out

PS Oh nm I get it. Just like Obama waiting 2 be sworn in in order 2 let the world know what he thinks about the Palestinian/ Israeli incursion our resident US political analysts are also waiting for the day of swearing.
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Re: Whats the world come 2???

Post by Soccerman771 »

I just hope they are as critical of the new Pres. as they are of the next Pres. when he screws up.
jtackel@hotmail.com

"Do you know how difficult it is to micro Napalm?" - Lazy_Tuga

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
StrokeyBlofeld
Clan Leader
Clan Leader

Post by StrokeyBlofeld »

OMG.... you HAD to go and start another "American Politics.... (discuss)" thread didn't you Lazy?

As if I hadn't had enough with the 38,426 pages of the last one analyzing everything from his plans for the next 212 years down to what colour his underwear will be the next time he holds a press conference.

You did this to me on purpose didn't you!!!! ;)
Shizle

Post by Shizle »

[quote=""Soccerman771""]I just hope they are as critical of the new Pres. as they are of the next Pres. when he screws up.[/quote]

Will never happen. Just won't happen.
blayzer13
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by blayzer13 »

I'm thinking its going to be white hanes when he gets inaugurated
LaZy
Honorary Officer

Post by LaZy »

[quote=""Shizle""]Will never happen. Just won't happen.[/quote]

"What ever happened 2 the Yes we can" slogan?
GreenDude
Captain
Captain

Post by GreenDude »

[quote=""LaZy""][quote=""Shizle""]Will never happen. Just won't happen.[/quote]

"What ever happened 2 the Yes we can" slogan?[/quote]
It goes into my room ::/
Yes, I was part of Teens for Obama :D
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

[quote=""StrokeyBlofeld""]OMG.... you HAD to go and start another "American Politics.... (discuss)" thread didn't you Lazy?

As if I hadn't had enough with the 38,426 pages of the last one analyzing everything from his plans for the next 212 years down to what colour his underwear will be the next time he holds a press conference.

You did this to me on purpose didn't you!!!! ;)[/quote]

Jim, I would be happy to discuss British or Italian politics if you'd rather stay away from the Americans. It's just that the British and Italians don't start as many wars or export more cultural icons than the Yanks, so the discussion might not be as fiery! ;)

I read a funny article around election time that said the American election is more important to foreigners than to Americans, because foreigners stand a chance of getting attacked by American bombers, so they intensely want to know whether the next President might bomb them.
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)
StrokeyBlofeld
Clan Leader
Clan Leader

Post by StrokeyBlofeld »

Kaiser, thanks for the offer, but personally I would rather not discuss politics at all, it makes me sick and winds me up too much knowing that nothing ever gets delivered as it's packaged, and it will never really change. Politicians are mainly full of empty promises and full wallets.
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Soccerman771 »

[quote=""StrokeyBlofeld""]Kaiser, thanks for the offer, but personally I would rather not discuss politics at all, it makes me sick and winds me up too much knowing that nothing ever gets delivered as it's packaged, and it will never really change. Politicians are mainly full of empty promises and full wallets.[/quote]

A lesson I need to learn....because I'm the same way.
jtackel@hotmail.com

"Do you know how difficult it is to micro Napalm?" - Lazy_Tuga

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
Blackadderthe4th
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Blackadderthe4th »

[quote=""StrokeyBlofeld""]Kaiser, thanks for the offer, but personally I would rather not discuss politics at all, it makes me sick and winds me up too much knowing that nothing ever gets delivered as it's packaged, and it will never really change. Politicians are mainly full of empty promises and full wallets.[/quote]

Pretty much sums it up right there.
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

I agree, gents. I generally make my political points through satire and mockery anyway, precisely because it is all so sickening. Jonathan Swift FTW!
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)
IndyBrit
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by IndyBrit »

Well, I love political discussions, but I'm a sick man. But sorry Lazy - there is just nothing to latch onto about the super OP lunch. Maybe if we get some sound bites, but my guess is that it was pap and fluff, and probably mostly about how to try to get some personal time as President. Clinton probably advises, in retrospect, AGAINST exploring the orifices of your interns while on the phone with foreign dignitaries. :P