Sporting (or anyone) teach me ports!

Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

cheesehat

Sporting (or anyone) teach me ports!

Post by cheesehat »

How do you age up to 3rd age at 6:00 on a standard map??
joe4holly
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Re: Sporting (or anyone) teach me ports!

Post by joe4holly »

to to age 2 with 500 food and send 700 coin as your 1st card and collect the rest :)
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

It's suicide vs rushes that are meant to take down your tcs but works well vs harassing civs or civs that just ain't gonna touch your tcs. Still, on land maps I find port's fortress rather weak in some situations since you have no eco to abuse dragoon's power, making you defend. I suggest you watch some of my recs :)

http://www.aoe3clan.com/index.php?name= ... pic&t=2475

http://www.aoe3clan.com/index.php?name= ... pic&t=2504
cheesehat

Post by cheesehat »

I find port age3 military OP with easy spammable units and good shipments...I just cant get to the third age!
huGGy
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by huGGy »

[quote=""cheesehat""]I find port age3 military OP with easy spammable units and good shipments...I just cant get to the third age![/quote]

It's not so easy to spam military as ports, 'cause you have to keep Vill production out of 3 TCs.

But just Age with 12 Vills, send CM, put your 2nd TC close to your 1st (save hunt or goldmine with it - if it's not too far away), send 700 gold as soon as you hit Age2. Age with 500 food. During Transition put 3 Vills on gold until you gathered 300 gold. All other Vills to food. Put those 3 gold Vills to food as soon as you gathered those 300 gold. Keep making Vills. Then choose the fast age up politician.
cheesehat

Post by cheesehat »

since when was it law to spam vills from 3 tc?
huGGy
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by huGGy »

[quote=""cheesehat""]since when was it law to spam vills from 3 tc?[/quote]

Having 3 TCs that early is a big advantage. You should use it, tho it's no law of course.
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

Lol yeah, Huggy's right.
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

Maybe it's not law to spam vils from 3 TCs, but I say if you got 'em, use 'em! ;)
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)
cheesehat

Post by cheesehat »

If the 3 TC are an advantage and the military is an advantage, then why only take advantage of the TC?

Anyway, now I;m having trouble choosing which unit combos to go with. Trust me, EVERY TIME i make muskets they have skirmishers, every time i make cassadores they have cavalry. If i make both thent hey have a massive army of a bazillion skirmishers and they kill me.

It isnt fair
deadhanddan
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by deadhanddan »

take advantage of your 3 tc's and the cost of cassadores, thier food heavy but not gold heavy, so this enables you too focus primarily on food as to both spam vills and cassadores at the same time, which makes ports unique as the only euro civ with a food heavy skirm,rely on the anti-cav shipments in age 3 while spamming cassadore until you get a size able eco to then spam dragooon in addition to your cassadore and you should be good to go
- Dan
cheesehat

Post by cheesehat »

Lets home I am.
danno527
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by danno527 »

Definately watch all of sportings Port Records. I find his fast industrial the most fun. Sometimes it will even beat seige heavy rushes. I once beat and aztec puma rusher with a port Fast industrial. he took out one of my TCs but it was the wrong one. :D