Noob rec for drew

Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

StrokeyBlofeld
Clan Leader
Clan Leader

Noob rec for drew

Post by StrokeyBlofeld »

Ok, here's the rec drew. I think i started off ok, but watching it back, perhaps I should have pushed back on the FB after the 2nd attack. I think I stayed in my base too long, and left it too late to make hussars.
This guy wasn't that good I don't think, it just shows my noobiness in 1v1 situations.
A critical report would be cool buddy, thanks!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
36drew
Honorary Officer

Re: Noob rec for drew

Post by 36drew »

-Your first 2:45 are flawless really. I would have grabbed the cherokkee just as a scout though.

-Don't switch any villagers to wood until you have the full 800 food.

-During the transtion, collect some gold and use it to research hunting dogs asap.

-Tower + gold is better choice than 500 food IMO for a few reasons: helps turtle vs rush, gold for MM or second wood upgrade.

-You almost had 2 shipments in cue before you sent something after 700 wood. Play that card right away.

-When you see age 3, you pretty much have to expect falcs so make a stables and some hussar.

-The game gets lost when the 4-5 falcs show up and you don't have any cav basically.

-Wait i'm watching more and you finally get the 10 hussar out and cause hinm lots of grief!

-You almost had the game back and won, but those longbows got hit by to many opri's.

-I bet that was a frustrating loss! Moral of the story is more cav earlier and less unspent resources. At the end you have about 5k not spent.
Shizle

Post by Shizle »

Strokey, against Russia, definitely should have some cav early. In our game, that's what I was worried about mostly...that you'd start getting the cav out on me. And that's what I said to myself when I watched this game...10 hussars would've wounded him enough for you to get the upper hand.

There's a Brit (H20) vs Russia (WarriorX) game posted recently. H20 starts with cav, but then again, his micro is a little bit better than ours...lol he could start with pikes and still win.
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

I'll have to watch this. But just gathering from the comments so far, I agree that you MUST have cav right off the bat against the Russians. Brits can crank out tons of hussars quite fast if you get the build down (definitely use the tower and gold), even from 2 stables once you send 700 wood. The only way the Russians can beat you is by building at least 10 muskets and sending all 9 cossacks ASAP. If they have any strels--built or sent--you'll eat them with your crumpet-and-tea breakfast, thank you very much for asking 8)

And Drew, you are so right about MM. They are always in my back pocket these days as I play nothing but TWC civs. They are even threatening the uhlan for the honor of being my favorite unit !!! Nothing can stuff it to a puma rush like MM... provided you don't get utterly over-swarmed, which happens frequently :oops:
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)