Goals Thread

General Discussion about Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

Tubruk
Colonel
Colonel

Re: Goals Thread

Post by Tubruk »

Cleeduz if you played how you did in our last 1v1 you will get MS faster than you think your skill is higher than your Pr. Your probably better than I was when I played as much as you I'd play a few 2v2 with you il smurf on my bros account :twisted:
Tubruk
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Tubruk »

Ohhh yeah and my goal is private, aim low and you can't fail ;P , nahh seriously 2nd/1st luitenant
cleeduz
Honorary Officer

Post by cleeduz »

[quote=""Tubruk""]Cleeduz if you played how you did in our last 1v1 you will get MS faster than you think your skill is higher than your Pr. Your probably better than I was when I played as much as you I'd play a few 2v2 with you il smurf on my bros account :twisted:[/quote]

You are to kind, sir. Your tips from the first game really helped out a lot. Don't worry if you keep playing with me, you'll be playing like a private in no time! :-P
As far as 2v2 goes, I'll give it a try, I haven't played many and honestly don't really care for them. I don't know what it is just not my thing. I should clarify, large team games, I don't really enjoy, while smaller clan games are a blast! Kind of strange, I know...
"Nature doesn't like Agra forts." - Sporting Lisbon

In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria. - Ben Franklin
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

OK, I have a new goal for 2009: Learn how to consistently beat the Aztecs and Sioux with the Germans 1v1. This is, however, a Herculean endeavor. The Aztec rush is just so darn OP there's very little any European civ can do about it once the MM go down. I have an easier time with the Sioux, provided I can get the jump with xbow/pikes. But Aztecs... they have me talking to myself and going back to vanilla just so I can face some relatively matched-up civs.

As far as rank goes, I am happy as the perennial 2nd Lt. As long as I have fun with all you guys in clan games, I will be a contented man. :D Well, how about a New Year's wish: To get fewer games against TWC civs :twisted:

It has been a great year, gentlemen! I have found so many friends in this clan. No matter where my life takes me, I will always be there for you all :) You have given me faith in AOE. Even when we don't get a chance to play, it is always a joy to hear from you on vent and on the forums.
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)
Tubruk
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Tubruk »

i never really cared for aztec tbh just something about their playstyle i dnt like. but ehh who cares ;P

ohh np cleeduz i thought thats what you meant by team games :oops:

what is it that you find hard with the aztecs? if germany cant do it try Iroquois :P
Tubruk
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Tubruk »

[quote=""Tubruk""]i never really cared for aztec tbh just something about their playstyle i dnt like. but ehh who cares ;P

what is it that you find hard with the aztecs? if germany cant do it try Iroquois :P[/quote]

ohh and iv seen on some forums on agesanc that brits have the best chance Vs aztec as far as euro civs go
hallchr

Post by hallchr »

Can someone teach me China? Ports are just not viable...
cleeduz
Honorary Officer

Post by cleeduz »

[quote=""Tubruk""]i never really cared for aztec tbh just something about their playstyle i dnt like. but ehh who cares ;P

what is it that you find hard with the aztecs? if germany cant do it try Iroquois :P[/quote]

np Tub, I guess I wasn't very clear. I like smaller team games (like 2v2, especially with a buddy) the larger 3v3 are just to much for my pea brain to handle I think. I just feel really uncomfortable and overwhelmed... Maybe with practice and a couple beers I can get through it. ::/

I'd love to play a 2v2 with you anytime, bro! :D
"Nature doesn't like Agra forts." - Sporting Lisbon

In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria. - Ben Franklin
Highlander999
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Highlander999 »

[quote=""Kaiser_von_Nuben""]OK, I have a new goal for 2009: Learn how to consistently beat the Aztecs and Sioux with the Germans 1v1. This is, however, a Herculean endeavor. The Aztec rush is just so darn OP there's very little any European civ can do about it once the MM go down. I have an easier time with the Sioux, provided I can get the jump with xbow/pikes. But Aztecs... they have me talking to myself and going back to vanilla just so I can face some relatively matched-up civs.[/quote]

If you want we can get some match ups in, with me playing Azzy's and we can work to counter their rush :)

[quote=""hallchr""]Can someone teach me China? Ports are just not viable...[/quote]

Speak to Soccerman ;)
Blackadderthe4th
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Blackadderthe4th »

Try Russia Kaiser and go cossack/musket, puts down their rush quite handily I find. Spain's also good with rod and pike shipments.
Tubruk
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Tubruk »

musket > melee anticav vs aztec, whenever i play against an aztec i go kanya/Toma, Toma > coyote, Pike + 2 SK and Kanya Beats Coyote (in small numbers early game) and mace in general. + a 3 unit army by the time your shipment is in is just sweet!
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

[quote=""hallchr""]Can someone teach me China? Ports are just not viable...[/quote]
Hehe why aren't they viable? :p Watch my recs, I got a good one trashing china :D
hallchr

Post by hallchr »

Well for some reason I frequently fail in team games but I will watch your recs since I don't really want to venture away from Portugal. Forget China I slept on the decision and decided I would rather learn France. I though about the aztecs but I did not want to cross over to the dark side.
hallchr

Post by hallchr »

Well for some reason I frequently fail in team games but I will watch your recs since I don't really want to venture away from Portugal. Forget China I slept on the decision and decided I would rather learn France. I though about the aztecs but I did not want to cross over to the dark side.

Really, I don't think the problem is my ability to play each civ because I am quite equal with them all excelt aztecs. I personally believe that the problem lies with my inability to determine the correct time to attack. Could anyone assist me with that problem.
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

Triple post :P Well i use them in 1v1