All members read this (we will assume you have)

General Discussion about Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

IndyBrit
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

All members read this (we will assume you have)

Post by IndyBrit »

N3O has been expanding rapidly lately. While this is great, there are a great number of new members that have not fully adopted the N3O culture yet. I like to be indirect and obfuscate, so if you are a friend of DeadHandDan's that has joined recently (but not DeadHandDan himself, who is a first class member IMHO), this probably particularly applies to you. Further, if you are anybody else, it applies to you, too (so in that sense I guess it does apply to DeadHandDan :? )

I encourage you to read this, because it is my intention that everyone succeeds in this clan if they choose to. A lot of our newer members are very active and that's exciting.

1) We really are a kinder, gentler clan. Please do not cuss at, tease in a mean-spirited way, or insult other players. If you have a relationship with someone where you insult each other in a friendly manner that's fine, but think about the effect you will have on others who are not aware of your relationship. If anyone present may take it wrong, it's best to not say it.

2) Ranked games. There is no rule AGAINST ranked games between clan members. However, if anyone in the game wants it unranked, the game should be unranked. Further, there should be no pressure applied to rank the game if someone expresses that it should be unranked. We do not eat our young here, and many members enjoy the lower stress environment and freedom to experiment with strategies that unranked games provide.

3) Treatment of "lesser" players. All members (and others that are in our games) should be treated with respect. Bashing a corporal because he doesn't have as many units as you when you're ready to rush is unhelpful and against the spirit of the clan. Friendly encouragement and advice are what is called for, and further comments if they are solicited. You will also find it is much more effective to reinforce positives than to criticize negatives.

4) Other. I don't want to go into this - but I think it should go without saying that misogyny, racism, and cheating are not tolerated. None of that applies to YOU of course (whoever you are), but if it does - cut it out.

I know it sounds corny, but I love this clan and I know many others feel the same. We are not going to change our culture, and we will reluctantly purge those that cannot be absorbed. Remember that you choose to put the N3O tag by your name, and your actions reflect on N3O any time you can be identified with N3O.

The above rules are not the only reasonable way to operate a clan or a life, but they are the ones this clan has chosen (Actually - see the official clan rules which you should have read). If you have a different view, you are welcome to express your view here if you are respectful, and you are welcome to pursue your vision in another clan, and we'll even play friendly games with you after you leave.
rambo098
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Re: All members read this (we will assume you have)

Post by rambo098 »

well-written indy.
blayzer13
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by blayzer13 »

here here
GreenDude
Captain
Captain

Post by GreenDude »

Aye!
Also, what may you come up with this sentence:

[quote=""IndyBrit""] We do not eat our young here, and many members enjoy the lower stress environment and freedom to experiment with strategies that unranked games provide.[/quote]

That is like implying I eat my brother for breakfast (along with Cheerios :D )
Tubruk
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Tubruk »

Treatment of "lesser" players

i am their* superior!! they shall bow before me,
(by * i am hereby reffering to the likes of Blackadder, Djdan, Lazy etc. etc.) this does not affect your statutory rights.

on a more serious note, well put Indy, Theres a Few People Sporting the N3O Tag, that i've seen behaving somewhat similalrily (if thats a word, im drunk) ;) to what youve described.

and yeah there is abit of a slagging off problem in the clan involving a few people, i'm sure itl all straighten out soon though, being as Djdan, Black adder are mad with power and quick on the finger to abuse it. ;P
like on me :( sitting there quietly not saying anything ohh thats Because lazy kept changing my vent room :evil:

but I think it should go without saying that misogyny, racism, and cheating are not tolerated

i think this rule should be the new pop-up on vent tbh with the amount of welsh bashing that is pointed in my general direction, not naming names or anything...
Highlander999
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Highlander999 »

Yeah well it is Wales ;) Only reason it exists is to be slagged off :p
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

why do you extra use the term "a friend of deadhanddan". i am one of those who came to know this clan because of deadhanddan, so you mean me :(

am i that mean?
Tubruk
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Tubruk »

highlander that's Newcastle and scotland I think your confused ;P
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

[quote=""Aaryn_GenD""]why do you extra use the term "a friend of deadhanddan". i am one of those who came to know this clan because of deadhanddan, so you mean me :(

am i that mean?[/quote]

Indy's just refering in a general way, nothing against you in particular. If you feel addressed in the points made here, well, I suggest you follow Indy's advice. If you don't, don't worry :) Indy's post is just to advert the new people that this isn't just another random clan and that we've got standards that must be followed when it comes to respect.
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

Well done, Indy. It is always important to remember that N30 stands for good, positive fun. We can be competitive, but we never breathe poison on one another for any reason. In other words, good sportsmanship is the name of the game here :)
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)
IndyBrit
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by IndyBrit »

[quote=""Aaryn_GenD""]why do you extra use the term "a friend of deadhanddan". i am one of those who came to know this clan because of deadhanddan, so you mean me :(

am i that mean?[/quote]

Aaryn,
A number of new members are considerably more coarse than N3O typically tolerates. In-game cussing, and bashing of players for real or perceived lack of skill has been significantly on the rise. We don't have anyone I think of as "bad people" right now (and we have had some), however I just don't think folks understand what we're about and I'm trying to help guide them to avoid future conflict.

Sporting stated the position well. I can't recall anything specific involving you, so if you feel you fit in well without modification that's wonderful. I think we have all pushed the boundaries a bit from time to time, and it's good to re-vitalize our friendly energy.

Somebody help me in a round of Kum-ba-ya. :D
Roger_The_Rogue
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by Roger_The_Rogue »

Excellent write, Indy. :D You have shown what N3O clan is about. Hope that all new members read it and adjust their attitude in the line of N3O rules.
Highlander999
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Highlander999 »

[quote=""Tubruk""]highlander that's Newcastle and scotland I think your confused ;P[/quote]

HAHAHA, Newcastle >>> Wales, any day ;) I'm not too sure about Scotland though :-P
Blackadderthe4th
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Blackadderthe4th »

[quote=""Tubruk""] Treatment of "lesser" players

i am their* superior!! they shall bow before me,
(by * i am hereby reffering to the likes of Blackadder, Djdan, Lazy etc. etc.) this does not affect your statutory rights.

on a more serious note, well put Indy, Theres a Few People Sporting the N3O Tag, that i've seen behaving somewhat similalrily (if thats a word, im drunk) ;) to what youve described.

and yeah there is abit of a slagging off problem in the clan involving a few people, i'm sure itl all straighten out soon though, being as Djdan, Black adder are mad with power and quick on the finger to abuse it. ;P
like on me :( sitting there quietly not saying anything ohh thats Because lazy kept changing my vent room :evil:

but I think it should go without saying that misogyny, racism, and cheating are not tolerated

i think this rule should be the new pop-up on vent tbh with the amount of welsh bashing that is pointed in my general direction, not naming names or anything...[/quote]

If only you were clear about who was abusing you then we can do something about it...Silly Welshman.
Tatltael
Major
Major

Post by Tatltael »

well-stated