Bye bye lag

General Discussion about Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

LaZy
Honorary Officer

Bye bye lag

Post by LaZy »

Ive never really had problems lagging. My PC is pretty new still and extremely powerful, as is the graphics card. I always play on max settings and can have fun water battles problem free (providing the other players do also!).

Now, it just so happens that I decided to check my ISP homepage(something I havent done in like huh...........a year). It just so happens that urs truly has been running a ADSL connection at 8MB and been paying €24.70 with unlimited downloads. Never had a problem with them, speed, bandwidth, stability or otherwise. So Im blessed to find that since the 25th of Nov (ie not 2 long ago) they updated their prices and services. Soooooooo 2 cut a long story short da 3vil D3ntist will now run a whopping 24MB connection and pay €24.00 for it. The PORTUGUESE techie (ie non indian!!!) promised it would kick in in no less than 10 working days.

Wººt wººt.

What kind of prices are yall dealing with and what kind of speeds are yall cranking out? I bet Im still very expensive compared to non 3rd world countries.

out

PS that same teechie said that in practical terms instead of getting a max download speed of 650kb/s Ishould be cranking out a MINimum of 2MB/s. Does that sound right 2 all u pros? Will it allow me 2 download stuff whilst I play AoEIII?
Highlander999
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Re: Bye bye lag

Post by Highlander999 »

I am incredibly jealous. Apparently the uni internet connection is meant to be one of the best in Britain, yet I still sometimes touch the yellow ping bar.......
Blackadderthe4th
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Blackadderthe4th »

Cool I hope it works out for ya. Though who knows if ESO is gonna detect this powerful new broadband and stop you connecting to everyone just for the hell of it. I mean theres no reason at all why it should do that but it hasn't stopped it buggering up other people...
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

well i got DSL 6000 with fastpath from arcor (germany), and i can tell that the pings of my internet are better than those huge bandwidth ones (because on sucha high bandwidth they don't use fastpath)

however, i don't see why somebody would need such a high downloadrate, maximum 16000 is that what i consider as max what one could need.
LoN_Colossus
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by LoN_Colossus »

Is that €24 a month or quarter, or what?
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

Belgium has to be the most expensive country when it comes down to internet :(

to compare with yours Lazy:

download at a speed of 25 Mbit per second.
send and receive up to 60 GB of data per month.
can go online with 4 computers or games consoles.
have 8 mailboxes which are protected against viruses and spam for free.
get 50 MB of web space for your own website.
One-off activation for €50.

for only 63 euros/ month :evil:
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

[quote=""LoN_Colossus""]Is that €24 a month or quarter, or what?[/quote]

we have very cheap internet too, which cost like 24€ a month, but these suck.
mine costs 33€ a month, flatrate, so no limits and i can call every one on their phone for free at any time :) + you can chose 3 countries to which you pay lesser than usual if you phone them
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

With my cool optic fiber connection I get 100 mbps, extra tv channels and free phone calls for home telephones for 64,90€ a month :D (plus 23,90€ because of sport channels since football comes first). Roxxor
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

I get cable TV, phone and 100.0 MBPS internet for $49.99 per month in the Great City of Chicago, where you can also buy Senate seats for the right price. :D
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)
36drew
Honorary Officer

Post by 36drew »

[quote=""Kaiser_von_Nuben""]I get cable TV, phone and 100.0 MBPS internet for $49.99 per month in the Great City of Chicago, where you can also buy Senate seats for the right price. :D[/quote]

I have the EXACT same package for the exact same price. Only thing is mine is in Canadian Dollars.