Age Sanc

General Discussion about Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Age Sanc

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

Hi guys. I regularly go onto Age Sanc to get expert recs. I have learned a lot from them and it is a really good resource. I joined Age Sanc a long time ago but I never post there, primarily because there is a lot of harshness in the dialogue. Today I found this exchange relating to a posted game:

QUOTE(Adjeking @ Nov 5 2008, 09:40 PM)
Extremely stupid play by moi.

QUOTE(Gogomogog)
+1 you sucked.

Why even bother posting your games if you get responses like this? Even if it is in jest, it seems very harsh to me. If being extremely competitive in AOE3 means resorting to nasty dialogue, I am glad I take no part in it. On the other hand, I am very proud to be part of N30, where we would never use insults against people, no matter how a game turns out.
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Re: Age Sanc

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

Age Sanctuary is infested with jerks trying to flame each and everyone for whatever reason whenever they can. I rarely post there, mainly download recs and stay up to date with some (rare) interesting topics.
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
Tubruk
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Tubruk »

[quote=""I__CHAOS__I""]Age Sanctuary is infested with jerks trying to flame each and everyone for whatever reason whenever they can. I rarely post there, mainly download recs and stay up to date with some (rare) interesting topics.[/quote]

yeah same here.
why do people leave negative comments anyway. like "+1 you sucked" how does that benefit anyone, its just a wast of the poster of the comment and any one who reads its time, when if he watched the rec properly he most probably could of said something helpfull or positive which may have been beneficial to numerous readers of the post.

i just dont get it tbh.
dragonshinobi
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by dragonshinobi »

well they cant think of anything to help u so they flame u to look good
StrokeyBlofeld
Clan Leader
Clan Leader

Post by StrokeyBlofeld »

I post regularly at AS, but I stay out of all the flaming.
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

I have some good laughs at AS with the flame wars, they are always pretty non sense and humorous. Short answers on posted recs are dumb, tho.
kingchrisII
Colonel
Colonel

Post by kingchrisII »

some of its a laugh, but quite a lot of the offtopic is a big flame fest. and there arent many aoe related topics which usually interest me!
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

Yeah, I read another one last night that said: "Your play was so awful that I stopped watching mid-game."

Unreal! How old are these people? You can't say stuff like this to people's faces in the real world (well, unless it's American Idol or something :-P ).
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)
cleeduz
Honorary Officer

Post by cleeduz »

Yeah, they can get pretty harsh.

I've been a lurker on there for awhile. I think I have 1 post (congratulating Drew on his OP VOD), there is however a lot of good info mixed between the childishness.
"Nature doesn't like Agra forts." - Sporting Lisbon

In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria. - Ben Franklin
[NerVe]_VipeR_
Conscript
Conscript

Post by [NerVe]_VipeR_ »

[quote=""Kaiser_von_Nuben""]Hi guys. I regularly go onto Age Sanc to get expert recs. I have learned a lot from them and it is a really good resource. I joined Age Sanc a long time ago but I never post there, primarily because there is a lot of harshness in the dialogue. Today I found this exchange relating to a posted game:

QUOTE(Adjeking @ Nov 5 2008, 09:40 PM)
Extremely stupid play by moi.

QUOTE(Gogomogog)
+1 you sucked.

Why even bother posting your games if you get responses like this? Even if it is in jest, it seems very harsh to me. If being extremely competitive in AOE3 means resorting to nasty dialogue, I am glad I take no part in it. On the other hand, I am very proud to be part of N30, where we would never use insults against people, no matter how a game turns out.[/quote]

Unfortunately there are idiots who make posts like that. I try to delete unhelpful or flame-inciting posts where possible, but I can't get to all of them.

I think the problem has roots going back a long way, when the staff were really lax. There were minimal consequences for flaming, and the punishments inconsistent. We're slowly but surely working on getting rid of the flamers (we don't summarily ban though - we try to show people that there's a better way of going about things than randomly flaming).
IndyBrit
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by IndyBrit »

VipeR,
Kudos for taking the time to come over here and comment. I think AgeSanc is a great resource that could be more palatable. GL with getting things a little more civil.
kingchrisII
Colonel
Colonel

Post by kingchrisII »

the only people who some probrably dont is tigger and micky_tee but people like warriorx and gogomogog just annoy me, and just say stupid things, and never have anything half decent to say