Mahout-Gurkha Crunch rec game

Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

Navarone_Guy
Honorary Officer

Mahout-Gurkha Crunch rec game

Post by Navarone_Guy »

Apparently we can only post recs in here, so here's a rec of me doing my Indian semi-FF against Zorprime.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Groovy.
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Re: Mahout-Gurkha Crunch rec game

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

nicely played Nav
he kinda lost those camels for no reason

question: why not close the gaps with walls? At least one side? (up to the sea was not that far) It's really useful when cav runs in but cant get out from the other side.
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
Navarone_Guy
Honorary Officer

Post by Navarone_Guy »

I usually don't bother to do that cause most maps aren't as good for that. I probably should make an effort to do that from now on.
Groovy.
ZoRPrimE
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by ZoRPrimE »

Gotta say this was a game we played to show Nav my SOitsWAR strat idea!! I'm not a great camel raider so I was showing it to nav so he could test it out for me. Not that i'd have a shot at beating Nav if I were fighting hard but, I'd probably have given a better showing than this game. I'll have to watch replay to see his Mahout-Ghurka crunch. Course I've seen his M-G Crunch shortly before he posted the strat and have used it as well.

Since it's shown here, I'll say abit about it and post a helpful record. My strat is still a WIP and is aimed at taking advantage of the Mansabdar units to boost your starting army. It's for use against opponents where you won't necessarilly need the agrafort. In Navs example you can only see the boost to SOWAR's but it can be done for gurhkha and Sepoy's quite easily and cheaper(at least for sepoys.) For age 3 gets pretty expensive to make Mansabdar Elephants just to boost 2 or 3 other elephants but it's still well worth it to boost infantry and camels.

I have posted a record that shows effective use of Mansabdar units, maximizing India's explorers area damage for tresure guardians (attack then dizzy so guardians are in splash damage area of effect!) and probably some of my best micro vs. a German player who honestly wasn't so hot even though he was outproducing me!

I really messed up my start but ended up pulling my act together and really coming out on top in both major battles.

First battle at 12:56
4 Sowar 30 Uhlans
5 Rajputs 15 Xobws
7 Sepoy 5 minutemen
9 Gurkha
29 Military pop vs. 85 Military pop
Sepoy's fixing bayonets, good micro and bad micro gives india the win here

2nd Major Battle 22:48
14 Gurkha w/Msdbr 32 Skirms
8 Sepoy w/Msdbr 17 Uhlan
15 Urumi 9 War Wagons
6 Muskets 8 X-bow
2 Howdah
1 Mahout & 1 Explorer
46 units (98 pop) vs. 66 units (111 pop)
I fight him down to 3 skirms and the guy pulls his network cable! LOL it was a practice game. Looked at guys stats afterwards he had 100% wins. Musta been asking himself did he check FFA? Probably pulls the plug on any loss so I pested him!

It's a long game and I don't play awesome except for my micro in the battles (not Nav quality but great for me) and usage of counters. Fixing bayonets with Sepoys worked greatvs. Uhlans. I'll eventually post SOitsWAR the Mansabdar strat when it's polished. This record isn't the strat it's just an example of Mansabdar usage!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"It is by will alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, the stains become a warning. It is by will alone I set my mind