RTSL - N3O vs DLX

Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

Blackadderthe4th
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

RTSL - N3O vs DLX

Post by Blackadderthe4th »

Edit - ok its not letting me upload the file I keep trying to attach the file but when I press the button nothing happens? The file extension and size is within limits what am I doing wrong?
Macabee
N3O Member
N3O Member

Re: RTSL - N3O vs DLX

Post by Macabee »

Let's see if I can upload it
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Macabee
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by Macabee »

Hey guys,

I've watched game 1 from several players' perspectives. One of the things I noticed is actually something I've seen lacking in many team games I've played. Each player on the DLX team played a team card within the first 5 minutes. One sent a team resource gathering card, one sent the team janey card, and another sent a team rhino card. They seemed to know what to do with them. On our side in that same time, only one team wood gathering card was sent. Later (too late actually), a team janey card was sent. The player that sends a team card is making a sacrifice for the teram. If the other players also make that sacrifice, it works out for everyone on the team

The India player gathered food fast and started building the Agra fort earlier than I've seen others. India players should watch this.

DLX gathered treasures as a team.

DL used their units as a team. The main force moved together. They started with no cavalry, though we saw cavalry later on.

Thanks,
Mac
Macavity
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Macavity »

India has an age one team card that I asked if I should play before we started. It provides a small food/wood/coin/XP and Export trickle. If we think it is worth it, I will be more than happy to play it. (That is if I get asked to play agian. lol
Macabee
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by Macabee »

I haven't seen game 2 and I think we all can agree that we weren't expected to win. But my point isn't that we should ask, "if I should use a team card?", but "we have team cards X, Y and Z, which are we using"!

I do the math this way: team wood 15% boost is like 15 X 3 or 45. team 3 janey card is 3 X 3 or 9 janeys, team 3 villagers is 9, team 500 gold is 1500, team resourse gathering is 8% X 3 or 24%, team rhino is 2 X 3 = 6, etc, etc.

If each player on a team uses team cards the results really add up. Just note that some cards can't be used with some others but that's not hard to work out.

Thanks,
Mac
StrokeyBlofeld
Clan Leader
Clan Leader

Post by StrokeyBlofeld »

[quote=""Macabee""]I haven't seen game 2 and I think we all can agree that we weren't expected to win. But my point isn't that we should ask, "if I should use a team card?", but "we have team cards X, Y and Z, which are we using"!

I do the math this way: team wood 15% boost is like 15 X 3 or 45. team 3 janey card is 3 X 3 or 9 janeys, team 3 villagers is 9, team 500 gold is 1500, team resourse gathering is 8% X 3 or 24%, team rhino is 2 X 3 = 6, etc, etc.

If each player on a team uses team cards the results really add up. Just note that some cards can't be used with some others but that's not hard to work out.

Thanks,
Mac[/quote]

The math doesn't quite work out that way, but yeah.... I see what your getting at. I was looking in detail at team cards recently, and a certain combination of civs would provide 3 cards in age 1 that give gathering upgrades or resource bonuses, and then in age 2 would provide the team with 27 units pretty early just with pets, that's a lot of units!!! This wasn't even looking into military team cards either.
Macavity
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Macavity »

---I just played a 3v3 with complete strangers using a lot of the Indian team cards. I played the discovery age team resource and XP trickle card first. Second was my Colonial age wood trickle for myself. Then I played the team Rhino card.
---Although the game was only mstr sergeants and Lieutenants it went very well for us early. The team Rhinos made quite a difference. Anyway if I play another match game I will play those two cards early.
Macabee
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by Macabee »

With any luck, you'll have teammates that will also use team cards.

Mac
Comadevil
Administrator
Administrator
AOE3 Nickname: Comadevil

Post by Comadevil »

[quote=""Macabee""]With any luck, you'll have teammates that will also use team cards.
[/quote]

If u play with good team players then team cards come very fast at the beginning.
Though players who prefer 1v1 often don"t have team cards at lower level HC because they pick cards which suit for 1v1 when they level up