China

General Discussion about Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

GeeNaTs
Conscript
Conscript

China

Post by GeeNaTs »

I played the computer as China I find them a fairly easy civ to play.
I'm gonna try them on ESO. Who plays as China in the clan I know some of you do.
ThE GIANTS FaN
Navarone_Guy
Honorary Officer

Re: China

Post by Navarone_Guy »

I don't think you have read the general opinion on China.

Basically, it's that they're more OP than even pre-patch Iroquois.

I'd be glad to help you with India or Japan. I've taken a liking to both of those civs.
Groovy.
ZoRPrimE
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by ZoRPrimE »

I layed China for a bit. They're a great civ unfortunately they are a little too good right now if you do the rush posted here! or a variant there of you've got a good chance of beating most people.

China has some great options like converting all your Cho Kun No's and Qiang Pikeman to Arquebisers and Chang Dao Swordsman in age 3. Just takes one 200 food card!

Hand Mortars are an all around good artillery. Cheap in price easily massable Unfortunately right now the team 5 hand mortar card is quite unbalancing in team games over 2v2. In age 3 I start to rely more heavily on their calvary. They have a good selection of Calv. Heavy calvary is China's biggest achilles heel, so if you get into late game you'll have to expect a lot of heavy calv coming your way as everyone knows it's China's big weakness. Changdao swordsmen seem to do fairly well vs. calv and there are some upgrade cards to increase arquebisers attack vs. calv.

They're my favorite of the new civs actually. I played them until it become readily apparent I was simply wining game after game due to china's OPness.
"It is by will alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, the stains become a warning. It is by will alone I set my mind
NEO_CrAz3n
Honorary Leader
Honorary Leader

Post by NEO_CrAz3n »

Man, I forgot to ban the word Giants and disallow and images depicting them. ;)
"Please accept my resignation. I don't care to belong to any club that will have me as a member." -Groucho Marx

"Any strat that beats me is lame." -CrAz3n

"Quoting yourself is just as bad as speaking about yourself in the third-person." -CrAz3n
36drew
Honorary Officer

Post by 36drew »

I wouldn't play China based on a couple of things:

1) Many people will refuse to play you.
2) People will b*tch all game long at you.
3) When the patch comes and China gets nerfed, it will be dissapointing as your rank will drop. It's a good idea to play an UP civ and then when the patch comes and they get boosed, you become an OP player because your so good with that civ.
RascalJones
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by RascalJones »

[quote=""NEO_CrAz3n""]Man, I forgot to ban the word Giants and disallow and images depicting them. ;)[/quote]

Sounds like a bitter Eagles fan to me.
RascalJones
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by RascalJones »

[quote=""36drew""]I wouldn't play China based on a couple of things:

1) Many people will refuse to play you.
2) People will b*tch all game long at you.
3) When the patch comes and China gets nerfed, it will be dissapointing as your rank will drop. It's a good idea to play an UP civ and then when the patch comes and they get boosed, you become an OP player because your so good with that civ.[/quote]

You know, every game I play tends to have one China player in it. I'm not seeing anyon refuse to play against China. Maybe at the higher ranks it happens, but not down in the dregs where I play. If the goal is ranking, then sure, reconsider. If the goal is to have fun playing, play with who you like. That's how I have more games played as Portugal, Dutch (started with them before TWC), and India than any other civ.
StrokeyBlofeld
Clan Leader
Clan Leader

Post by StrokeyBlofeld »

I think it is more 1v1 that people moan about china.
36drew
Honorary Officer

Post by 36drew »

Absolutlely more of a 1v1 problem. The dynamics are just so different than a team game.
ZoRPrimE
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by ZoRPrimE »

I have seen people compain about too many china's on one team or ask to split china players. Team 5 hand mortar is an OP card but it's not as trumping as diciples and massive amounts of ckn rush is in a 1v1.
"It is by will alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, the stains become a warning. It is by will alone I set my mind
kingchrisII
Colonel
Colonel

Post by kingchrisII »

i am soo bluddy sick of china man, i get like 1 million CKNs and pikes turn up at ikke 8mins, then about 10 mins later like 20 handmortars 30 arquibrisers and changdaos turn up.....so bloomin' lame!!!
GeeNaTs
Conscript
Conscript

Post by GeeNaTs »

LOL CrAz3n :-P
ThE GIANTS FaN
Cyclohexane
Honorary Officer

Post by Cyclohexane »

China also has the best team mercenary shipment available in the game. TEAM 7 Manchu in Age 3 for 1,000 gold! That is huge.

They also have TEAM 3 Fire Junks in Age 3 to ensure that any China player on a team can quickly own the water (and your docks).
Lead, Follow, or Get the Hell out of the way!

QUICK REFERENCE GUIDE & AOE3 TWC TAD UNIT COMPARISON:
AOE3 TWC TAD Quick Reference & AOE3 TWC TAD UNIT COMPARISON
KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by KingKaramazov »

China is...lame, to say the least.

The main issue is disciples but there are plenty to speak of.
"Why are some people all grasshopper fiddlings, scrappings, all antennae shivering, one big ganglion eternally knotting, slip-knotting, square-knotting themselves? They stoke a furnace all their lives, sweat their lips, shine their ey
ZoRPrimE
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by ZoRPrimE »

That record didn't show much other than China is very powerful with opening rush. Mr. Milo did a FF which isn't the surest way to lame with China it's the age 2 rush that is the sure win. Mr.Milo makes tons of mistakes to be honest. He tried to lame trick the fire junks into Mavericks TC quite frankly he could have devastated his fleet instead if he used them for their correct purpose. He also underestimated his Port opponent was way past the age 2 where China's laming is strongest. In age 3 plus the biggest problem is OP hand mortar card. Last of all Mr. Milo ran out of will to fight he had resources and a new base, he just didn't want the win as much as the Port player.

From what I can see on other forums and high level records is that most people that play at the highest level of competition in this game have written off china as too OP to fight against. Actually a lot of high level replays I see things that a mid level china lamer would never do. I'm guessing it's that no one wants to see the China age 2 ridiculous sustained rush record as it's over fast and anyone who's spent significant amount of time on QS has seen it and died to it.

I try never to discount the fact that maybe no one has thought of how to counter "Lame X' correctly. I posted my win were a wall up and agra fort forced the China player into retreat and going into Fort. This was a game where the China player fully intended to do the standard OUTMASS CKN/PIKES and Diciples in Age2! The guy playing China wasn't exceptionally good but was well matched to me. He lost mostly because he didn't do any damage to me until I was in Fort and starting to close the gap on resources and ability to build troops.

I also played China for about a week and after 7 straight wins in 1v1 and 13 straight wins total I stopped in order to be one less menace to the age community. I have no problem with playing something to find out if it really is lame. It's when you keep playing again and again when you know it's just an exploit and really out of balance that you're a menace. Some guy after my last 1v1 instead of replying to my GG just said. "STOP PLAYING CHINA!" He was probably my best competition but still scarecly enough to win.

In the interest of Full Disclosure KingK has outlamed my china with his Aztec Janeyrush and I have never beat him. The full minute or so earlier ageup time makes it neigh impossible to outdo as china, I can't even get a rax built! He says the aztec lame only works against some civs though..?

I suspect Iro is still OP/Lame but honestly have not verified my suspicions like I have with China. I've certainly faired better vs. Iro's than others did vs. my China so if anything it's not as lame as China.

We need a few more thread on China Lame :D

China being OP at this point is not even really debate amongst 35+ level players at agesanctuary?!?!