Best treaty 40 deck for france

Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

TheSandwich
Conscript
Conscript

Best treaty 40 deck for france

Post by TheSandwich »

What is the best treaty nr 40 deck while using the french?
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Re: Best treaty 40 deck for france

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

That food for coin card is said to be good. Then just spam eco cards, it shouldnt be hard ^^

and military upgrade cards too
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

And don't forget all your cav upgrades, plus the Thoroughbred card and cav training card for insta-cuirs... that's what Treaty 40 is all about Cuirs v. oprichs while the Russians build forts all over the place and mortars lob shells onto plantations. :roll:
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)
IndyBrit
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by IndyBrit »

All eco and military for sure. Can throw in 6 xtra towers or improved buildings to mix it up. You don't need thoroughbreds because you have infinite money and infinite stables, so you have the rough equivalent anyway. But only skip thoroughbreds if you have a specific better use for that card.

Often overlooked is keeping at least one spammable repeat card - I like a repeat merc card. As soon as the combat starts you go through your cards pretty good.

If you use natives, be sure to consider their upgrades too.
Comadevil
Administrator
Administrator
AOE3 Nickname: Comadevil

Post by Comadevil »

I just want to know:
Who allows u to take France in Treaty??
Many people don't want a french player in their game
djdan
N3O Member
N3O Member
Steam: SpanktheMonkey

Post by djdan »

French aint OP in treaty anymore, the cuir spam just dont beat port dragoons for example, without the 2 pop thoroughbreds card, french became weaker than before, most people stick to russia no for the forts and instant infantry or japanese to spam behind the oppo base
From the OP maker of the OP Sigs, Cleeduz brings maybe some of his best work yet!
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

French lategame > ports :\ Skirm/cuir combo with tons of eco and mili upgrades? dunno. I always had success on FFAs lategame as french.
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Pssst. Insta cuirs are better than 2 pop cuirs but don't tell anyone.
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

Call me partial, but I love Germans in 40nr when I play it. Super-upgraded fast doppels (778 HP each with 129 siege and 150 attack area 2 v. cav) can trash everything in their path, and you can always switch over to super-uhlans if he has lots of ranged inf. Late-late-game dragoons might be a problem... I think the only way to counter them effectively late-late-game is massively-upgraded War Wagons. I've seen it done and it works. Dragoons, imo, throw off the counter system because they have ranged resistance. Their counters are supposed to be skirms, but they lose 30% damage against them with the resistance. True, War Wagons do ranged damage, too, but in imperial with upgrades they do 240 damage per shot to all cav... that beats the 50 damage a skirm does in the same period against a dragoon with 30% ranged resistance. And a dragoon gets about 500 HP maximum, while a war wagon gets 1100.
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Germans are sweet too :) they have a very all around army, you spam 4-5 different units instead of just 1 or 2 as most civs do
djdan
N3O Member
N3O Member
Steam: SpanktheMonkey

Post by djdan »

i dont know, whenever ive played against french ive dfound them easier to play against if im honest, and I know insta cuirs>2 pop but i dont play french trweaty so im just guessing from people ive played.
From the OP maker of the OP Sigs, Cleeduz brings maybe some of his best work yet!
GeneralMichael
N3O Member
N3O Member
Steam: MDSamurai12

Post by GeneralMichael »

Germans I could take with spain or japan, or ports. Ports can have a nice organ/musket/dragoon combo. The organs can mow down large numbers of infantry fast, while if the enemy does charge wth calv musket can switch to melee as the dragoons do heavy damage (I have stopped many charges by France's cuirs with this). The only way to stop this as I see it is with culverines which then you can switch dragoons to melee and quickly kill them. With spain the rodelleros and muskets backed up by a couple cannons and 10 missionaries is hard to stop. Then for japan a nice large amount of ashis protecting the flaming arrows. Unless you are fighting a guy who has gone cuir happy this will be hard to stop which then you can throw in samurai (hatomoto samurai can take down waves of cuirs like they were nothing).

GeneralMichael
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by GeneralMichael »

For france I have all the economy cards for plantations and mills and the factories, I think I have all military upgrade cards except 1 calv. Also I have the card for the unique church upgrades and the one for arsenal. Those are all I can remmber right now

GeneralMichael
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by GeneralMichael »

[quote=""Sporting_Lisbon""]Pssst. Insta cuirs are better than 2 pop cuirs but don't tell anyone.[/quote]
Wait a secf just noticed this. There is a card to get cuirs to 2 pop?! 8O Man I must have not played france in a while to not remmber that card

TheRam
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by TheRam »

[quote=""GeneralMichael""][quote=""Sporting_Lisbon""]Pssst. Insta cuirs are better than 2 pop cuirs but don't tell anyone.[/quote]
Wait a secf just noticed this. There is a card to get cuirs to 2 pop?! 8O Man I must have not played france in a while to not remmber that card[/quote]
It was an old card, Thoroughbreds if I recall..
It got switched for a card that reduces cost and train times, which in combination with the other decrease methods (church upgrade + -40% train cav card) = insta cuirrs.
The point is that when they come out instantly and your econ can spam them forever, it doesn't matter that you have 15 less at any given point.