Dutch v Iroquois (Sun v Rum)

Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

ruminator
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Dutch v Iroquois (Sun v Rum)

Post by ruminator »

Played Su Tzu1 on QS - he was Dutch for a change.

I raided at first (badly coz i was on the phone) but then aged up to fortress first. He walled in heavily and skirms behind kept me away. I tried to mass/boom but should have been more aggressive.

Sun's better micro overall won in the end - but a fun game. GG Sun!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Could you, would you, with a goat? Would you, could you, on a boat?" Doctor Seuss

"Why does the Air Force need expensive new bombers? Have the people we've been bombing over the years been complaining?"
George Wallace
Sun_Tzu1
Major
Major

Re: Dutch v Iroquois (Sun v Rum)

Post by Sun_Tzu1 »

I think you played better than me for a lot of that one Rum.

Let's see: I forgot you need gold to build settlers as Dutch... then forgot you actually need to build a house to get past 10 settlers... had masses of idle villager time throughout game... managed to wall my own settler in when I was walling in your dead WC :)... Twice built a gate by mistake when I was trying to research the wall upgrade.

Fortunately, I managed to get some things right :).

GG Rum. Good massing of troops. It was nice to play you as something other than Aztec :).
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

Ruminator

discovery age:
queue that first vil faster, 20 sec is way too late.
going after that 2 cow treasure was a bad idea, your WC lost most of his HP for nothing. There was an easy 90 coin treasure instead you could have used to do a market upgrade (hunting dog)
try herding and exploring a bit more.

colonial age:
if you plan on going agresive (fast age up) you should fwd your warhut a lot further
keep an eye on your kanya when raiding, they died to pikes while you were not looking
don't forget the WC bazooka shot 8)
take map control vs turtles, dance out some travois and surround his base with warhuts.
you build 2 farms when there were still safe hunt available

fortress age:
I think iro must have Agrarian ways card in each deck. Replace the 8 toma card with it.
You didnt raid or scout a lot and Sun took the time to wall off without you seeing it
get 2 more TC's up, you're up against the dutch and they reached aged III - they will overrun you fast if you don't try to boom yourself

Industrial age:
I don't think you got good unit combo's to beat the dutch late game, but prowlers are a must with the range upgrade and attack dance. Light cannons + prowlers are a must but you'll run out of coin sooner tho ... :(

overall you played well, just too passively and you allowed the dutch to reach their lategame.
good eco balance throughout the game and you placed your houses etc well.

I rofled when I saw this:
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
Sun_Tzu1
Major
Major

Post by Sun_Tzu1 »

Yea, not only did I not want his WC to escape, I also wanted him to stay on the ground. So I had my settler stand on him.

You know, I think I gave that settler up for lost. Just occurred to me, I could have deleted a wall segment, left, and rebuilt it from the outside.
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

I also wanted him to stay on the ground. So I had my settler stand on him
That works? I didn't know about that heh!
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Soccerman771 »

He could have used the firepit to get him back.. :roll:
jtackel@hotmail.com

"Do you know how difficult it is to micro Napalm?" - Lazy_Tuga

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th