Images

You can talk about anything here

Moderator: Global Moderator

NEO_CrAz3n
Honorary Leader
Honorary Leader

Images

Post by NEO_CrAz3n »

Please reduce image sizes to less than 500px wide if posting an image that is stored on another site (fileden imageshack etc). We are also going to probably disallow the posting of png and bmp images. Simply save those images as jpg or gif files before uploading.

Some image types (bmp for sure) somehow bypass thumb-nailing and literally blow out the forums. Visitors with lower screen resolutions, 1024x768 and below, have to scroll to see images and any text in the entire thread. It makes the forums look really bad and makes them tough to read.

The screen res for optimal viewing of our site is 1024x768 so anyone with a screen res below that will have to scroll anyway. We don't need to make it worse.

Screen resolutions of 1024x768 and below are still the most popular screen resolutions.

The thumbnails prevent this and you can click on the thumbnails image to see the full-sized image.

Any cooperation would be much appreciated. By doing this you're allowing our forums to be viewed properly. You are doing the same by keeping images in signatures below 500px wide as well.

Thanks
"Please accept my resignation. I don't care to belong to any club that will have me as a member." -Groucho Marx

"Any strat that beats me is lame." -CrAz3n

"Quoting yourself is just as bad as speaking about yourself in the third-person." -CrAz3n
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Re: Images

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

I noticed this as well after I posted my sample deck... couldn't find how to resize it before we had a major power outage in our street for the whole evening :(
will look into it tonight!
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

[quote=""Cyclohexane""][quote=""I__CHAOS__I""]

does anyone know how to resize the picture?[/quote]

Go here and download this picture viewer / editor. It is free and it works excellent. You can easily resize pictures (with aspect ratio intact) as well as many other things.

Irfanview[/quote]

useful freeware :)
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
RascalJones
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by RascalJones »

Don't forget, if you have Windows XP, you can download "powertoys", one of which is the image resizer. You can right-click on an image and select "resize", and pick your options.

In Vista, I'm using the free version of
http://www.vso-software.fr/products/image_resizer/