Port FI vs Dutch on Texas

Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

huGGy
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Port FI vs Dutch on Texas

Post by huGGy »

Here we go. I struggle hard vs a dutch cannon spam with ruyters as back up. I think i got to Industry pretty good, but then i just didn't really know what to do. Need some pointers here. I think Sporting is the expert here, but everyone else can post as well ;)

Game was vs a pr 27 Captain who chosed Texas (wasnt standard maps).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sun_Tzu1
Major
Major

Re: Port FI vs Dutch on Texas

Post by Sun_Tzu1 »

Tough one vs. Dutch in age 4.

He had masses of Ryters didn't he! Interested in hearing how others would have dealt with this situation. Ports used to be my main civ, but, it's been such a long time since I played them I can't remember all the upgrades, etc.

In that game, would probably have tried to go skirms with culverin with a few dragoons just incase he went cav. Maybe factories on gold. LIttle point trying to raid vs. Dutch with all those Ryters around.

Didn't see either side try to forward. Would probably have been in his interests to build artillery factories at least nearer your base. Just wonder if it might have been worthwhile trying to get a few dragoons trying to catch his artillery reinforcements making its way accross the field.
huGGy
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Re: Port FI vs Dutch on Texas

Post by huGGy »

[quote=""Sun_Tzu1""] Just wonder if it might have been worthwhile trying to get a few dragoons trying to catch his artillery reinforcements making its way accross the field.[/quote]

Pretty nice idea. I try to keep it in mind.